Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › ANY ONE ELSE NOT CONVINCED
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 147 Guests

ANY ONE ELSE NOT CONVINCED

This thread currently has 29,626 views. Print
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Rodley Mariner
December 10, 2016, 9:44pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
I thought they looked a very decent side and we struggled to cope with the pressure they put us under whenever we had the ball. Second half was better and thought it would have been a decent point but it was a quality free kick. Way too early to cast judgements on Bignot.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 199
ginnywings
December 10, 2016, 9:49pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I thought they looked a very decent side and we struggled to cope with the pressure they put us under whenever we had the ball. Second half was better and thought it would have been a decent point but it was a quality free kick. Way too early to cast judgements on Bignot.

Pretty much my take on it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 199
OllieGTFC
December 10, 2016, 11:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
Considering they was the better side, they only by a wonderful free kick

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 199
A Brace Of Tees
December 11, 2016, 12:48am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +706
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Mariner93er
Ultimately the players aren't good enough for this level. Under Hurst's defensive style we could scrape by, but with manager who wants to attack, they are found wanting.

Under hurst, these same players looked to be reasonably organised and fluent and got us into a playoff position. This all now seems to be unraveling and I can't understand why?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 199
Grimsby2012
December 11, 2016, 1:54am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,464
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from mariner91
Grimsby2012 is a terrible WUM. He was claiming we'd get relegated before the season had even started so there's no evidence that he "always backed Hurst". You're sad mate, get a hobby or a girlfriend.

Childish Remark but it's no wonder I guess......

I always backed Hurst, and I was correct too. You always came on here with your doom and gloom attitude. Where as I stood up for Hurst and he got us Promoted.

Having MB as Manager was the cheap option and it's simple as that. We had better prospects in line but instead we went for someone for someone who basically didn't cost the club much money. Whatever way you look at it, that's fine, but it's wrong. Cheap option=Relegation, we should know that by now.

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 199
FFS
December 11, 2016, 3:00am

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +38 / -2
Approval: +252
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from fleabag1970
im not convinced by MB at all , he comes in says all the right things and gets the fans on board , then he puts on double sessions with the players to fix ??? What ??? we were doing ok under PH , not great but ok .. Goals being a problem but im sure that would of sorted its self out . If rumours are to be believed the players arnt too convinced either !!  He was cheap and said all the right things ... perfect for our current board .................... If this Gamble fails we could be right in the excrement very soon

FFS

"He is not only dull himself, he is the cause of dullness in others."
-Samuel Johnson
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 199
FFS
December 11, 2016, 3:00am

Beer Drinker
Quoted from Grimsby2012
I agree. We will probably be relegated under MB. PH would have at least got us mid table, possibly play-offs

JF using the hype of a "young, up and coming manager" to Justify the cheap appointment he is....

Hello National League next year..........................................................

FFS

-Samuel Johnson
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 199
FFS
December 11, 2016, 3:01am

Beer Drinker
Quoted from Mariner_09
I'd agree, I also think his comments during interviews aren't going to go down as well when we're not winning. I wasn't overly enamoured by him in the first place, I thought Hursty did an excellent job.

FFS

-Samuel Johnson
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 199
FFS
December 11, 2016, 3:02am

Beer Drinker
Quoted from Grimsby2012
I supported Hurst from the beginning and was adamant he would get us promoted... I was correct, and I'm also correct about MB only getting us relegated. Just wait and see.... Cheap option got us relegated from the league last time, and everyone said "Wait, too early" or "Your just a doom and gloom".......

FFS

-Samuel Johnson
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 199
Mrs Doyle
December 11, 2016, 5:26am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Thought we totally lost it in midfield yesterday even when we had the ball they hunted in packs to win it back. They always had wide men available which we often looked exposed and like Ginney said our shape was pulled apart.

Unlike us who only had Bogz ON HIS OWN up front (WTF is Jackson's role They were able to out number Bogz having the luxury of no other danger until Tombola came on.

Don't like one man up front especially at home sends out the wrong message straight away and it limits your attack options.

Look we all knew deep down this season was going to be tough and a mid table position would be realistic lets give the manager a chance.

We have Davis and Mcalister injured better players imho than what we had yesterday.

Also Portsmouth were they best and most organised team I have seen so far and certainly the best set of fans.

Talking of packs I see the doom mongers have come out in force didn't take long lol.

See you all at Donny.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 199
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › ANY ONE ELSE NOT CONVINCED

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.