Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › ANY ONE ELSE NOT CONVINCED
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 181 Guests

ANY ONE ELSE NOT CONVINCED

This thread currently has 29,641 views. Print
20 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
kevikov
December 11, 2016, 11:38pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +844
Gold Stars: 13
Do we have a date when we might expect Mc Allister back in the starting line up?
A couple of weeks back I thought I read he was back in training?

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 199
Cloudy
December 12, 2016, 10:18am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from kevikov
Do we have a date when we might expect Mc Allister back in the starting line up?
A couple of weeks back I thought I read he was back in training?

someone posted that the player had suggested he would be available for the end of this month? I assume the Blackpool/Carlisle game?
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 199
forza ivano
December 12, 2016, 10:41am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,270
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Possibly, possibly not but what I do know is that if PH would not have gone to Crawley and started with a 4 - 3 - 3 and maybe would have set "us" up much tighter than we have been in the last 5 games. Just before anyone comes back with PH would not have won 3 - 0 at Plymouth well again he possibly would not have but his away record was amongst the best we have had so who knows?

Bottom line for me is that Marcus is a really good appointment but as I said in a post earlier he needs to work on evolution rather than revolution as the latter was not really needed considering what he inherited. I am surprised that he appears to have tried to change so many things when we have a really tough run of matches and that has possibly exposed a lack of experience at FL level.

Overall though Marcus will get it right but we may just have to be patient for a couple of weeks more, which is much better than going to play away in the trophy or at Braintree on a cold foggy night in February.  

totally agree - it's almost a bull in a china shop approach; too much change too soon.i could understand it if we were in a shrewsbury/newport position but we were doing doing pretty well. would have seemed much more sensible to change it bit by bit. have to say watching that crawley game it was like an end to end cup tie i was actually wishing we had kept some of hurst's defensive discipline, or at least played a holding midfielder
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 199
grimsby pete
December 12, 2016, 11:15am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,828
Gold Stars: 222
Marcus is trying to get the players to play his way

For the ones who can not adapt tells Marcus what  he needs in the January sales,

It is right to do it now because it will be too late to do it later in the season,

We need some energy in the middle of the field,

Our present midfield players do not play like that imo,

Venney deserves a run in the side the few times I have seen him he fits the bill.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 199
dapperz fun pub
December 12, 2016, 11:35am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,026
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from grimsby pete
Marcus is trying to get the players to play his way

For the ones who can not adapt tells Marcus what  he needs in the January sales,

It is right to do it now because it will be too late to do it later in the season,

We need some energy in the middle of the field,

Our present midfield players do not play like that imo,

Venney deserves a run in the side the few times I have seen him he fits the bill.

venney not big enough and Clifton not good enough is what I'm hearing , I think both should be given a go and soon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 199
realist
December 12, 2016, 11:36am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,685
Gold Stars: 41
I am probably one of the most negative posters on here, but at the moment I am still full of optimism and hope.   I think we have a manager that really wants us to play attractive attacking football, but has been hampered with the quality of players he has inherited. I never agreed with all the happy clappers comments that Hurst could find a good player.
Lets all stick together and at least give MB the chance to get in a few of his own players and see what happens then.
After 4 years of Hurst and I wanted him out there was a strong contingent on here that wanted to give him more time. After 4 games you are giving MB a hard time. Give over.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 199
Garth
December 12, 2016, 11:44am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
I think that Dis and Venney will replace Sommerfield and Berrett on Saturday and that some on here are far to quick to defend what has become the indefensible regarding some aspects of our midfield, IMO to play both the ex York lads together in the same team will only end in tears, sounds harsh but its what message boards are about
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 199
grimsby pete
December 12, 2016, 11:45am

Exile
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

venney not big enough and Clifton not good enough is what I'm hearing , I think both should be given a go and soon.

A lot of people said Dave Boylen was not big enough when we first got him,

How wrong was they ?  

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 199
grimsby pete
December 12, 2016, 11:48am

Exile
Quoted from realist
I am probably one of the most negative posters on here, but at the moment I am still full of optimism and hope.   I think we have a manager that really wants us to play attractive attacking football, but has been hampered with the quality of players he has inherited. I never agreed with all the happy clappers comments that Hurst could find a good player.
Lets all stick together and at least give MB the chance to get in a few of his own players and see what happens then.
After 4 years of Hurst and I wanted him out there was a strong contingent on here that wanted to give him more time. After 4 games you are giving MB a hard time. Give over.

Agree, I think for every good player Hurst signed he got it wrong 2 or 3 times,

Hence our huge turnover of players while he was in charge,

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 199
Skrill
December 12, 2016, 11:49am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +6 / -6
Approval: +604
The best thing we can do is enjoy the ride. We are not expected to win every game, therefore criticism is all to easy. What we do have, is an honest and likeable manger that is working for attractive and attacking football. What we can do as mariners, is support the manger. Lets see what January brings.

[tweet]316134373063806976[/tweet]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 199
20 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › ANY ONE ELSE NOT CONVINCED

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.