Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › ANY ONE ELSE NOT CONVINCED
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 216 Guests

ANY ONE ELSE NOT CONVINCED

This thread currently has 29,628 views. Print
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Garth
December 10, 2016, 6:21pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
My take on todays game was that we played a good team who looked better due to our non existent midfield.
There was a great hole between Bogle and our defence and players like Somerfield, Berret and Jackson were shadows today and I would expect to see Dis, Tom and Venney to start next Saturday.
No excuses needed, it took a very good free kick to beat our defence, and a very good save from their keeper to prevent a goal from us. Why does Summerfield take all corners and free kicks?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 199
December 10, 2016, 6:41pm
Guest User
Quoted from fleabag1970
im not convinced by MB at all , he comes in says all the right things and gets the fans on board , then he puts on double sessions with the players to fix ??? What ??? we were doing ok under PH , not great but ok .. Goals being a problem but im sure that would of sorted its self out . If rumours are to be believed the players arnt too convinced either !!  He was cheap and said all the right things ... perfect for our current board .................... If this Gamble fails we could be right in the excrement very soon

Interesting that you raised this point as I actually logged in to ask the same question that you have.

I'm not sure on him yet, but I am starting to have a few reservations.

So far it's early days and he is all light hearted etc in his interviews. Likes a bit of a joke, seems to be working very hard with a bit of image building if you know what I mean. Coming across as Mr Likeable and the man of the people.

But for me I am looking past all of this for the evidence that he is good manager, coach and everything that this requires. Right now the mix is far too much personality and not enough Mr Manager.

I was bit concerned with his interview today too. Far too much reference to the supporters and was even associating himself with the supporters with words to the effect of "me and the supporters want a better response from the players". That has to stop. Marcus isn't one of the supporters so don't put yourself with them. Forget all that sort of talk of supporters. Just go about the professional job.

I am watching this one with interest. In hope that we start to see some evidence that he is capable of doing this job very soon
Reply: 31 - 199
lew chaterleys lover
December 10, 2016, 6:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,746
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Perkins

Absolutely right , he has inherited some good players but unfortunately for him also a pile of sh*te.   Berret offers nothing, Summerfield just not good enough, Disley must be getting frustrated sat on the bench watching those two picked in preference to him. One possible solution that Marcus alluded to in his interview last week, is that when he's fit play Davies in midfield which is the position he's nearly always played during his career. You only need a midfielder with a bit of experience and calm rather than one that runs around all game like a headless chicken hoofing it anywhere.

Those midfield players had us in the play off positions not long ago. Its probably a case of not being able to adapt to a new managers ideas quickly enough.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 199
Mariner_09
December 10, 2016, 6:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Berrett and Summerfield together are too weak and don't impose themselves properly. Can have one but not both and they also need to be in a three. Comley, McAllister and Berrett would be ideal when available

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 199
kamakazebear
December 10, 2016, 6:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +470
Christ, I thought walking home the idiots on the fishy will be out tonight but this is just ridiculous.

Get a grip
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 199
ginnywings
December 10, 2016, 7:01pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
We have been on a tough run of games to be fair. I said a while back that if we came out of the next 5 games, starting at Plymouth with anything more than 6 points, we would have done well. It was a great start with the win at Plymouth and the draw with Carlisle bringing 4 points, but 2 defeats has put us back a bit. I'm more bothered by the Crawley defeat than the one today as they were on a terrible run at the time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 199
TAGG
December 10, 2016, 7:05pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,939
Gold Stars: 126
Is MB turning into Hurst because that was a Hurst game if ever saw one.

Tactics wrong, team selection wrong, formation Wrong and subs wrong.

Our form is very worrying at the moment 1 win in 9 I think??
5 points off the bottom 3

Marcus has got to stop this slide before it's to late.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 199
LH
December 10, 2016, 7:07pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,576
Gold Stars: 174
Of all the people who post on this forum you are the last person I'd expect to not be convinced by Bignot, Fleabag.

Private Message
Reply: 37 - 199
MuddyWaters
December 10, 2016, 7:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Mariner_09
Berrett and Summerfield together are too weak and don't impose themselves properly. Can have one but not both and they also need to be in a three. Comley, McAllister and Berrett would be ideal when available

Agree - Summerfield is not technically as good as Berrett.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 199
Grim74
December 10, 2016, 7:22pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
The performance was absolute dog excrement did we even have a shot on target? The home form is worrying me now and needs to be sorted out pronto, il give MB the benefit of the doubt Portsmouth looked a good solid well organised team but anymore repeat performances like that and I will put my £20 down my gullet.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 199
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › ANY ONE ELSE NOT CONVINCED

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.