Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › ANY ONE ELSE NOT CONVINCED
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 158 Guests

ANY ONE ELSE NOT CONVINCED

This thread currently has 29,634 views. Print
20 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
January 8, 2017, 4:36pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,828
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Grimal
[quote=672]

Fully agree,

All the years Hurst was here I sat on the fence about him,

Sometimes thinking he will make it sometimes thinking he does not have a clue,

With Marcus I am fully behind him and think he will be fantastic for us and go on to bigger things,

Hopefully not for a while yet,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets hope he's going on to bigger things with us Pete, then the end of this sentence wouldn't apply.

That's what I meant Grimal he will get success with us then the big boys will come calling,

It did not work out with Buckley and he came back and had more success with us,

So maybe Sir Alan should have a word with Marcus when the time comes.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 199
HertsGTFC
January 8, 2017, 4:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from ginnywings

Did i ?

I think so....................Possibly in a thread about how PH threw the budget away or something similar, apologies in advance if not!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 199
ginnywings
January 8, 2017, 4:44pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I think so....................Possibly in a thread about how PH threw the budget away or something similar, apologies in advance if not!

No apologies necessary- not saying i didn't, just can't remember it.

All academic now anyway, it's onward with MB and whatever ride that brings.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 199
HertsGTFC
January 8, 2017, 4:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from ginnywings

No apologies necessary- not saying i didn't, just can't remember it.

All academic now anyway, it's onward with MB and whatever ride that brings.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 199
A Brace Of Tees
January 8, 2017, 6:31pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +706
Gold Stars: 3

I am talking about attitudes as much as anything. I don't doubt we would have got points, just that we would not have 36. The reason is that PH always had a percentage game mentality. It will serve him well with the position he has at Shrewsbury but as far as ambition for a club is concerned it is a handicap to send a side out with the thought that rule one is to defend.

There's no evidence as yet to suggest MB is any more attack-minded than Hurst. At the moment we are playing 3 centre backs, our orthodox wingers have been dropped in favour of our full-backs playing as wing-backs, and all 3 central midfielders are holding midfielders! So our line-up has (including the keeper) 9 players who are naturally defence-minded.

However the system is working and we are obviously creating chances, but let's not confuse Marcus's bubbly personality as being proof of an attack-minded manager. Now it may well turn out that with the players he acquires over time we will see more creativity in midfield - and I feel sure that will be the case, but for now we can only judge on what we've seen to date.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 199
Mariner_09
January 8, 2017, 6:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
However, I would like to see us setup 4-4-2 next week at home, Bolarinwa and Vose wide with Comley and Dis in the middle and Adi and Omar up top.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 199
ginnywings
January 8, 2017, 6:43pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from A Brace Of Tees

There's no evidence as yet to suggest MB is any more attack-minded than Hurst. At the moment we are playing 3 centre backs, our orthodox wingers have been dropped in favour of our full-backs playing as wing-backs, and all 3 central midfielders are holding midfielders! So our line-up has (including the keeper) 9 players who are naturally defence-minded.

However the system is working and we are obviously creating chances, but let's not confuse Marcus's bubbly personality as being proof of an attack-minded manager. Now it may well turn out that with the players he acquires over time we will see more creativity in midfield - and I feel sure that will be the case, but for now we can only judge on what we've seen to date.

A fair assessment and i agree. Chambers is injured, Browne is out of the picture for now, Bolarinwa is too hit and miss, which is why we end up with a mix of Jackson, Berrett and Vose on the wings, none of whom can get behind teams. I think MB has gone this route for now, as Davies and Andrew are better getting forward and getting crosses in than  the other options. I expect this to change over time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 176 - 199
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 8, 2017, 7:35pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from A Brace Of Tees

You are quoting me out of context. If you read the other posts I made you will see your points are pretty well covered.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 177 - 199
moosey_club
January 8, 2017, 7:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,295
Gold Stars: 226
I dont think the football is any easier on the eye as yet, MB talked about excitment, high pressing, flying wingers, early subs if it isnt working, etc etc....apart from his first home game his in play tactical subs are largely as late or later than the Hurst 70 minute specials....i havnt witnessed any sustained periods of the above either but in the last couple of games i think the signs are there that he is starting to understand his squad and how to utilise it, which with a couple of decent new signings to compliment what we have then hopefully we can only look up.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 178 - 199
lukeo
January 8, 2017, 11:36pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,396
Gold Stars: 149
why would you want to change the formation? if it doesn't need fixing don't try fix it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 179 - 199
20 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › ANY ONE ELSE NOT CONVINCED

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.