Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › ANY ONE ELSE NOT CONVINCED
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 163 Guests

ANY ONE ELSE NOT CONVINCED

This thread currently has 29,642 views. Print
20 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
excusebeef
January 8, 2017, 4:31am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +296
Red first post... what bores me is clowns slating a new manager inheriting his new team. he trains them hard plays a new formation that beats one of the best teams away, having signed a player no one heard of who bags us 6 points. jesus it grates me sometimes how people complain. mb is gonna be quality for town. has the original poster said anything better than this after?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 199
excusebeef
January 8, 2017, 4:36am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +296
MB totally changed the teams mentality. we hadn't scored in so many games, he was yes to play direct the football, forward thinking. miles apart from hursts safety net play. it takes time and now look. I fecking love my team
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 199
Cloudy
January 8, 2017, 6:51am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from excusebeef
Red first post... what bores me is clowns slating a new manager inheriting his new team. he trains them hard plays a new formation that beats one of the best teams away, having signed a player no one heard of who bags us 6 points. jesus it grates me sometimes how people complain. mb is gonna be quality for town. has the original poster said anything better than this after?

The original poster has always only posted the same sort of claptrap. A wind up merchant.
You won't see posts from him at all when we are winning
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 199
golfer
January 8, 2017, 8:08am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Marcus is a "Breath of Fresh Air"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 199
grimsby pete
January 8, 2017, 11:01am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,828
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from golfer
Marcus is a "Breath of Fresh Air"

Fully agree,

All the years Hurst was here I sat on the fence about him,

Sometimes thinking he will make it sometimes thinking he does not have a clue,

With Marcus I am fully behind him and think he will be fantastic for us and go on to bigger things,

Hopefully not for a while yet,

Onwards and upwards  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 199
HertsGTFC
January 8, 2017, 11:35am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Still don't think we were that bad - remember the defeats to Cheltenham and Hartlepool? They didn't have to be that good to beat us. The best two teams I've seen are Carlisle and Portsmouth - one didn't beat us and the other we lost in the last 5 minutes due to a bad challenge by one of our forwards.

Both teams, particularly Portsmouth, closed down the space, their full backs pushed Chambers and Jackson back which isolated Omar and reduced the options for passing when we did get the ball. No disaster, just a bit frustrating, but possibly the best teams we will play this season.

As mentioned in a previous thread/post we have only conceded 1 goal from open play since November 28th which tells you something that Marcus is not just about attack despite some of the things he says in the media he clearly understands any success will be on the basis of a solid defence.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 199
chipsandgravy
January 8, 2017, 11:59am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,632
Gold Stars: 38
There are a few posters on this thread and certainly a few tweeters that  have not only made complete arses of themselves but are now conspicuous by there abscence!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 199
BottesfordMariner
January 8, 2017, 12:06pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
As a manager you are judged on the most recent results. Its the way it is.

MB had a decent start then had a slump. Fans get worried. Now on a tidy little run everyones happy again.

Of course its still early days of the MB era and you cant really judge someone over a short stretch of games.

We played some tough opponents leading up to Christmas so whilst i wasnt overly concerned that results werent going our way i was a bit concerned about the level of performance.

We seemed to have learned form that and 10 pts from 12 is a very good return.

The defence looks solid. I feel sorry for Macca ( a magnificent servant to the club) but Henderson has come in and hardly put a foot wrong. MB clearly wants to make us even better with the addition of Gunning.

MB is still working on improving our forward play.

Again early days but MB seems to have picked up a player in Yusuf. I hadnt heard of him a week ago. Hursty rightly had a good reputation for spotting talent. The new management team may have the same gift

Hopefully another couple of new faces during this window and the club can build on this solid foundation.

Just over half way through the season and the first priority of staying up is already within sight..I think all Town fans would be happy with where we are right now.

With that target out of the way why now aim to finish as high as we can. Play-offs ??  Why not. If we dont make it its not the end of the world. A mid table finish would be a very satisfactory 1st season back in the Football League. But lets face it we are greedy (I know I am!) and being where we are right now lets give it a right go.

Lets get behind the team and the manager. Who knows where that could take us. They will likely be bumps along the way. Lets not get too down if there are.Onwards and Upwards.

UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 199
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 8, 2017, 12:16pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
I cannot imagine we would have 36 points and be in the position we are if we had not had a change of manager. Even accepting the fact we were eventually promoted I still think PH got a lot more from GTFC than the club got from employing PH for 5 years.

It may be that we are still in the honeymoon period but I doubt it now. You don't stand still in football, you go up or you go down. Ambition is infectious and you can feel that people have a much more positive atmosphere than it did in September when the Fishy was in "we'll be satisfied if we stay up" mood. The team go out with the idea of getting the 3 points instead of just stopping the other lot from winning. It means a lot, it energises the supporters and MB realises that.

The play offs are within reach. Depending on the January transfers that is a realistic ambition and we should go all out to do it. Then who knows? We know they are a lottery but if you don't buy a ticket you can't win.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 199
Kris2
January 8, 2017, 12:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from chipsandgravy
There are a few posters on this thread and certainly a few tweeters that  have not only made complete arses of themselves but are now conspicuous by there abscence!

Oh they are never there when we are doing well lol. If we lose a couple of games the same few sad sacks turn up and start complaining I wonder sometimes if they are even supporters or they just get off on coming to wind people up when we lose because they never seem interested in celebrating and praising when it's due.  
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 199
20 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › ANY ONE ELSE NOT CONVINCED

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.