Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › ANY ONE ELSE NOT CONVINCED
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 207 Guests

ANY ONE ELSE NOT CONVINCED

This thread currently has 29,632 views. Print
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
paulgtfc
December 10, 2016, 8:25pm
Never lost at the old Wembley!
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +202
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from GrimRob

Great point, Rob.  Fickle?  The Fishy, never  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 199
grimsby pete
December 10, 2016, 8:37pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,828
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I apologise if I offended you Pete but singling out individuals without seeing the game is equally below the belt. Like many have said, our midfield can accommodate Berrett OR Summerfield but not Berret AND Summerfield.

No offence taken mate but I was not commenting on todays game,

I said Marcus did not sign them and from what I have seen of them Marcus would not have signed them.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 199
ginnywings
December 10, 2016, 8:39pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
I think some are not giving the opposition enough credit for our poor showing today. They forced us into mistakes and pulled us out of shape because they were better than us. They are an established side that are well supported and i would imagine have a much bigger playing budget than we do. That was our 20th league game after spending 6 years in the wilderness. If Bignot cannot change the mindset of the players he inherited, then he will need time to change the personnel. Carlisle and Portsmouth are much better than we are and we didn't get a drubbing from either. Defence is pretty sound, we have a very good striker, a couple of experienced players waiting in the wings and the transfer window in 3 weeks. Let's not forget the quality of opposition we have faced in recent games. MB joined us just as the tough run of games started. Would Hurst have fared any better? I doubt we would have won 3-0 at the league leaders with Hurst in charge.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 199
grimsby pete
December 10, 2016, 8:43pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,828
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from ginnywings
I think some are not giving the opposition enough credit for our poor showing today. They forced us into mistakes and pulled us out of shape because they were better than us. They are an established side that are well supported and i would imagine have a much bigger playing budget than we do. That was our 20th league game after spending 6 years in the wilderness. If Bignot cannot change the mindset of the players he inherited, then he will need time to change the personnel. Carlisle and Portsmouth are much better than we are and we didn't get a drubbing from either. Defence is pretty sound, we have a very good striker, a couple of experienced players waiting in the wings and the transfer window in 3 weeks. Let's not forget the quality of opposition we have faced in recent games. MB joined us just as the tough run of games started.

Very good points Ginny  ( as usual )

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 199
MuddyWaters
December 10, 2016, 8:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ginnywings
I think some are not giving the opposition enough credit for our poor showing today. They forced us into mistakes and pulled us out of shape because they were better than us. They are an established side that are well supported and i would imagine have a much bigger playing budget than we do. That was our 20th league game after spending 6 years in the wilderness. If Bignot cannot change the mindset of the players he inherited, then he will need time to change the personnel. Carlisle and Portsmouth are much better than we are and we didn't get a drubbing from either. Defence is pretty sound, we have a very good striker, a couple of experienced players waiting in the wings and the transfer window in 3 weeks. Let's not forget the quality of opposition we have faced in recent games. MB joined us just as the tough run of games started. Would Hurst have fared any better? I doubt we would have won 3-0 at the league leaders with Hurst in charge.

Fair comment Ginny - what we need to remember is how many of the players many would get rid of are on 2 year deals. I also think that, without Danny Collins, we might have got that drubbing today,
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 199
Posh Harry
December 10, 2016, 8:54pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,370
Gold Stars: 36
Ffs. Some people need to get a grip. If this time last year someone would have said we have just been beaten by Pompey and are now 12th in division 2 I would have ripped their f8cking arm off.

As someone has already said the usual suspects are sat on their own with no friends and get a kick out of sprouting sh8t.

All we need is denni to do a post of doom and I think my bingo card is full.

UTFM and I look forward to seeing you all next weekend.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 199
December 10, 2016, 8:57pm
Guest User
Thought it was obvious that my original post was a complete p1sstake.
Reply: 56 - 199
headingly_mariner
December 10, 2016, 9:05pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from ginnywings

I was thinking pretty much the opposite, I thought they would be a lot better than they were and that our lack of organisation allowed them to open us up. Granted I thought they pressed us well first half, but our players didn't really look like they knew where they were supposed to be playing. Pompey were a bit toothless considering how bad we were.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 199
HertsGTFC
December 10, 2016, 9:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
I think that Marcus is a good appointment looking at some of the drongos we could have had he is bright, energetic, enthusiastic, engages with everybody, "looks" like a decent coach and clearly want to improve everything.  

But....... He is possibly going too fast in that he has attempted to change the training regime (no issues with that), the warm up, the formation, the style of play, the tempo, the selection (at times) and told us in mid week that he wants to get involved in the stuff off the pitch.

If I was a player I am not sure how I would react to so much change in a short period of time especially when I had spent a lot of my time recently in non league or a relegation side like Macca, Zak, Josh, Berret,, Summerfield, Dis, Vose, Omar, Chambo, Tombola, Jacko etc.. etc....

We have an o.k. squad but one that is possibly for different reasons more suited to evolution rather than revolution. So go back to 4 - 4 - 2 for a bit s we can use the flanks for attacking and defending, play Omar with a partner and more importantly the players are comfortable with that shape.  

5 points from 15 is a massive concern especially when you are in the middle of a tough run of games against quality (at our level) opposition and this is even more of a compelling case for just making small noticeable changes.

Marcus wants to create and impact and that's great but he needs to get his head down, let the football do the talking and hope that the players eventually get it because today we looked like we have regressed massively.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 199
maxfox44
December 10, 2016, 9:38pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +139
Not posted on here in weeks, felt like I was starting believe the negativity. Come back and look what thread I've found.

For goodness sake, give the guy a chance.  He's inherited a midfield of which three were relegated last season.  Enjoy being in the league and accept that we are going to lose more games this season than the last few years.

Utm

I remember being pelted with ice by the Norwich fans during the Milk Cup match, do you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 199
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › ANY ONE ELSE NOT CONVINCED

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.