Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › ANY ONE ELSE NOT CONVINCED
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 157 Guests

ANY ONE ELSE NOT CONVINCED

This thread currently has 29,640 views. Print
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Mrs Doyle
December 10, 2016, 7:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Not just outplayed in the midfield they always had a man unmarked on their left flank. We looked bereft of ideas up front resorting to the big hoof, Bogz was isolated Jackson was far too deep he looked awful today thought we played better in the second half. Gowling had a solid game. Macca made a couple of decent saves but had a Macca moment that luckily we scrambled it away.

Overall Pompey played a lot better and deserved the win attacking us in numbers using width to stretch us time after time. thiers fans were a credit to their team noisy all match they even got our fans going
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 199
GrimRob
December 10, 2016, 7:45pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 41 - 199
BottesfordMariner
December 10, 2016, 7:47pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
Bit early to dismiss Bignot as a failure dont you think?

He wants to change our style and that may take time (and maybe new players) to achieve.

What disappointed me about today was the build up had got me excited about the prospect of a good game against a good team. Bignot was saying he had had time to work on things on the training ground. I was expecting a real have a go at them performance........what we got was a f******g awful one. Right from the off Pompey pressed in numbers and closed us down. Pretty soon we were just kicking the ball anywhere due to the pressure. Tbf to Pomepy they did it very well and were well on top.

Whenever we got the ball we were under pressure straight away. They were picking the ball up in 10 yards of space and had time to look up and make the pass. It was embarrassingly easy for them at times. Had they been more ruthless going forward they would have been out os sight by half time. We were lucky to be 0-0.

Then you think a half time talking to and a tactical review and having survived the 1st half we would get back into it 2nd half. Nothing changed and the 2nd half continued exactly the same way.

Ironically their goal came when Town were maybe showing a bit more as Pompey tired and werent pressing as quickly..

Today showed maybe one or two may not be up to it and i would expect some changes in January.. If they keep playing like that then the honeymoon period will soon be over.

Lets regroup and knuckle down and pt in a far better performance next week against another very good side.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 199
OllieGTFC
December 10, 2016, 7:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
For god sake really call yourself supporters ? He been in the job 2minutes you expect results going our way al the time, and for not being convinced we beat Plymouth 3-0 IN THERE OWN BACK YARD it's going to take time for MB to get his message over to the players on what he wants we will be fine give the guy a chance for god sake !

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 199
Zmariner
December 10, 2016, 7:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
I signed and I am completely supportive of MB. We are on a tough run of fixtures. Would love to know Pompey budget. All of this drivel after 5 games is shocking. I think the inherited midfield of Berret and Summerfield is not up to the job, this can be fixed. Totally in support and I let's see where we are after Xmas
I suspect MB will make a few eat their words, time will tell UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 199
grimsby pete
December 10, 2016, 7:55pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,828
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from OllieGTFC
For god sake really call yourself supporters ? He been in the job 2minutes you expect results going our way al the time, and for not being convinced we beat Plymouth 3-0 IN THERE OWN BACK YARD it's going to take time for MB to get his message over to the players on what he wants we will be fine give the guy a chance for god sake !

Well said Ollie, Marcus has said himself that when we get Mcallister and Davies back it will be like having two new players.

With them in midfield our problems will be resolved with Macallister winning the ball and Ben making the defence splitting passes.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 199
samg
December 10, 2016, 7:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +17 / -2
Approval: +373
Gold Stars: 7
We could have been playing in the FAT today so let's be thankful we are where we are! Anyway time to watch the Joshua fight - UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 199
lew chaterleys lover
December 10, 2016, 7:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,746
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from OllieGTFC

Well by your logic, he got his message across against Plymouth. People are only commenting on what they've  seen today. I would think the vast majority are behind him, and quite rightly so, but our form has dipped and today was very poor, albeit against very good opposition.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 199
grimsby pete
December 10, 2016, 8:11pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,828
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from MuddyWaters

That's a pretty cheap jibe Pete - whilst Summerfield and Berrett weren't great, Chambers and Jackson were very poor today but I guess you weren't there. Portsmouth are a very good side too by the way.

That's a bit below the belt Codger,

Its not my fault I can not get to many home games,

I do suffer with a few medical problems but always try to get to  as many games as possible,

I do have mariners p;ayer so I can keep up with what is going on  in the field.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 199
MuddyWaters
December 10, 2016, 8:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from grimsby pete

That's a bit below the belt Codger,

Its not my fault I can not get to many home games,

I do suffer with a few medical problems but always try to get to  as many games as possible,

I do have mariners p;ayer so I can keep up with what is going on  in the field.

I apologise if I offended you Pete but singling out individuals without seeing the game is equally below the belt. Like many have said, our midfield can accommodate Berrett OR Summerfield but not Berret AND Summerfield.
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 199
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › ANY ONE ELSE NOT CONVINCED

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.