Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › ANY ONE ELSE NOT CONVINCED
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 175 Guests

ANY ONE ELSE NOT CONVINCED

This thread currently has 29,633 views. Print
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
buckstown
December 10, 2016, 5:17pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,223
Gold Stars: 79
I think its a bit early to get too gloomy. We've played the top 3 in four games and won, drawn and lost. I think most people thought we were a mid table team and thats exacty where we are.
No question the honeymoon is over and talk means nothing but lets not too despondent.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 199
sonofmadeleymariner
December 10, 2016, 5:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
I still think MB is a great appointment, I'm glad we've taken a punt on an up and coming manager instead of someone who has been round the block a dozen times and has as many relegation's to his name then promotions which is what it looked like we were looking at.

OK we've not had the greatest of starts but we've hardly had the worst start, we've played the3 of the top 4 teams in the division and we're playing the 4th next week. MB is still clearly working out his squad and who is the best 11 he can play and who he can bring in in January.

Fans just need to show a little patients give the man a chance, we aren't in the bottom 2 yet as long as we aren't relegated its been a positive season, anything else is icing on the cake lets be honest.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 199
grimsby pete
December 10, 2016, 5:23pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,828
Gold Stars: 222
Lets not forget Marcus did not sign our useless midfield,

It was Hurst who got them from a team that got relegated to the conference,

A couple of ins and outs come January on the cards.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 199
Kris2
December 10, 2016, 5:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Always the same few sad sacks who show up when we lose then vanish when we win. Old farts hit too many times with the ugly stick so they have nothing going for them in life then they spend all their time trying to get reactions for attention on the internet because they are scared of the outside world it's full of the same people who crapped all over them their whole life. Boring.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 199
golfer
December 10, 2016, 5:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
It's not the managers fault. He can only do so much with the players bequeathed to him. Camley and Berrett were absolute rubbish again' If I were either of them I would seriously consider getting a proper job. I cannot believe Hurst signed either of them whether permanent or on loan' The midfield we had this time last year would have held us in better stead than this mottley crew. They never set up attacks or defend properly. Did our midfield ever enter their penalty area? NO !  It was absolutely disgraceful.Unless the 3 Wise Men appear before Xmas may The Lord have mercy on us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 199
December 10, 2016, 5:33pm
Guest User
Lost patience already. I expected us to beat all the top 4 teams we've just played. Get rid Fentys. Sign Atkins's like what you shud hav dun.

For the sake of absolute FÛCK.
Reply: 15 - 199
samg
December 10, 2016, 5:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +17 / -2
Approval: +373
Gold Stars: 7
If you were to tell me a year ago that we would be sat mid table in league 2 this time next year, I'd be delighted - and I am! - MB knows he's got some work to do and I have every faith in him to accomplish this, just needs time and some additions of his own - roll on Donny!! UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 199
Grimsby2012
December 10, 2016, 5:37pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,464
Gold Stars: 22
I supported Hurst from the beginning and was adamant he would get us promoted... I was correct, and I'm also correct about MB only getting us relegated. Just wait and see.... Cheap option got us relegated from the league last time, and everyone said "Wait, too early" or "Your just a doom and gloom".......

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 199
Belfast Town
December 10, 2016, 5:37pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +1,699
Gold Stars: 19
WTF
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 199
Teestogreen
December 10, 2016, 5:39pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -160
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from grimsby pete
Lets not forget Marcus did not sign our useless midfield,

It was Hurst who got them from a team that got relegated to the conference,

A couple of ins and outs come January on the cards.

I agree (work in progress) - if Town can get to January with 30 +points - then the new manager has a chance to add the players he needs to 'perk' up our midfield and attack, to achieve the points required to stay in this division.

UTM

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 199
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › ANY ONE ELSE NOT CONVINCED

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.