Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › ANY ONE ELSE NOT CONVINCED
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 222 Guests

ANY ONE ELSE NOT CONVINCED

This thread currently has 29,629 views. Print
20 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Revolutionary Rodders
December 13, 2016, 1:04pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +34
I think it's way too soon to judge Marcus Bignot, especially when he hasn't had the chance to bring in any players himself.
I know the result was disappointing against Portsmouth but they did look a good team, and even though in the first half (and some of the second) our midfield was missing in action, our defence played very well limiting their chances.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 199
grimsby pete
December 13, 2016, 3:56pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,828
Gold Stars: 222
I think it's way too soon to judge Marcus Bignot, especially when he hasn't had the chance to bring in any players himself.
I know the result was disappointing against Portsmouth but they did look a good team, and even though in the first half (and some of the second) our midfield was missing in action, our defence played very well limiting their chances.

Welcome to the fishy

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 199
Mariner_09
December 13, 2016, 4:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Midfield needs rectifying and strengthening physically, he's had a tough run of games and after Saturday they start to look a bit easier.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 199
golfer
December 13, 2016, 5:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
If I could have a clear out on what I have seen this season half the so called first team would be queuing at the station. Everybody other than the back 5 and Bogle would be on their way. Out of those not playing I would possibly keep another 4. Thats not even a full team when everyone's fit'  That's how much I value the inheritance left to our manager. Hurst knew what he was doing when he left. We were in a false position and he knew it. A lot of this team was forced on him when several players he wanted to keep left him in the shite and there was nobody any good to sign. I don't envy the job Marcus has to do with the shower of shite he's got.  Good luck Marcus you are going to need it but I think you will just about keep us in this division until you can bring your own players in. I hope there aren't too many of these on 2 year contracts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 199
Revolutionary Rodders
December 13, 2016, 8:15pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +34
Thanks Grimsby Pete.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 199
TheCodfather1966
December 14, 2016, 11:25am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
Far from convinced, MB talks a great game but has so far delivered very little.  In the words of Martin Allen " Grimsby could be too big a club for Marcus at this stage of his career ".  I love the guys enthusiasm, but this has to be backed up some some steady if not spectacular results on the pitch.  Take Bogle out of this team and we are not left with much at all.

Lets hope we turn things around at Donny.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 199
Tommy
December 14, 2016, 11:41am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from TheCodfather1966
Far from convinced, MB talks a great game but has so far delivered very little.  In the words of Martin Allen " Grimsby could be too big a club for Marcus at this stage of his career ".  I love the guys enthusiasm, but this has to be backed up some some steady if not spectacular results on the pitch.  Take Bogle out of this team and we are not left with much at all.

Lets hope we turn things around at Donny.

UTM

I think people forget that if you take a player out of a team, we are allowed to play someone else in their place - and we've got a habit recently of finding good replacements for goalscoring strikers.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 199
Tommy
December 14, 2016, 11:47am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
Bignot's matches so far

TOWN 2-2 Barnet
Plymouth 0-3 TOWN
TOWN 2-2 Carlisle
Crawley 3-2 TOWN
TOWN 0-1 Portsmouth

5 games.
Three of them against teams in the top 4.
One of them we are a last-minute penalty kick from winning.
One of them a ridiculous calamity gives Carlisle a goal.
One of them whilst we were poor it took a good free kick to beat us.

JUST CHILL.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 199
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
December 14, 2016, 12:02pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from golfer
If I could have a clear out on what I have seen this season half the so called first team would be queuing at the station. Everybody other than the back 5 and Bogle would be on their way. Out of those not playing I would possibly keep another 4. Thats not even a full team when everyone's fit'  That's how much I value the inheritance left to our manager. Hurst knew what he was doing when he left. We were in a false position and he knew it. A lot of this team was forced on him when several players he wanted to keep left him in the shite and there was nobody any good to sign. I don't envy the job Marcus has to do with the shower of shite he's got.  Good luck Marcus you are going to need it but I think you will just about keep us in this division until you can bring your own players in. I hope there aren't too many of these on 2 year contracts.

I wouldn't disagree with your assessment of PH's dilemma and some of the performances - but we are what we are, at least until next month. Time is on MB's side. He can see who is buying in to his ideas and who isn't. I don't think he will lose his ambitions.  Presumably there are options to end loans if MB wants to and he will be able to bring in one or two new faces but that's about it. I can't see that the personnel is going to change radically unless ............ Bogle leaves. In that case it's a whole new ball game depending of course on what we get for him. The big worry about Bogle going is that there is no-one in the ranks who has looked remotely like a decent regular striker.

I haven't commented much on the past couple of games because they may not be typical. MB is not a miracle worker. Maybe he tried too hard when he came and built up fans' expectations too fast and we have come down to earth with a bit of a bump. I think we will be in a much better position to judge both manager and players by the end of the transfer window next month so I'm not going to jump to rash conclusions just now.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 199
MuddyWaters
December 14, 2016, 6:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Tommy
Bignot's matches so far

TOWN 2-2 Barnet
Plymouth 0-3 TOWN
TOWN 2-2 Carlisle
Crawley 3-2 TOWN
TOWN 0-1 Portsmouth

5 games.
Three of them against teams in the top 4.
One of them we are a last-minute penalty kick from winning.
One of them a ridiculous calamity gives Carlisle a goal.
One of them whilst we were poor it took a good free kick to beat us.

JUST CHILL.

Still don't think we were that bad - remember the defeats to Cheltenham and Hartlepool? They didn't have to be that good to beat us. The best two teams I've seen are Carlisle and Portsmouth - one didn't beat us and the other we lost in the last 5 minutes due to a bad challenge by one of our forwards.

Both teams, particularly Portsmouth, closed down the space, their full backs pushed Chambers and Jackson back which isolated Omar and reduced the options for passing when we did get the ball. No disaster, just a bit frustrating, but possibly the best teams we will play this season.
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 199
20 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › ANY ONE ELSE NOT CONVINCED

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.