Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › ANY ONE ELSE NOT CONVINCED
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 174 Guests

ANY ONE ELSE NOT CONVINCED

This thread currently has 29,639 views. Print
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
December 10, 2016, 5:40pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
I remember Buckley getting questioned when he first came. Hurst has left us with an unbalanced and inexperienced midfield, three of whom came from relegated teams and some who have never played at this level. It is showing against the better sides. Desire got us a point against Carlisle and it nearly did again today. Would have been happy with 0-0 because they were clearly better than us but Tombolas inexperience gave them a chance to win the game and they took it.We need more experience in the middle. McAllister and Davies can't come back quick enough.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 199
MuddyWaters
December 10, 2016, 5:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from grimsby pete
Lets not forget Marcus did not sign our useless midfield,

It was Hurst who got them from a team that got relegated to the conference,

A couple of ins and outs come January on the cards.

That's a pretty cheap jibe Pete - whilst Summerfield and Berrett weren't great, Chambers and Jackson were very poor today but I guess you weren't there. Portsmouth are a very good side too by the way.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 199
Perkins
December 10, 2016, 5:52pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from grimsby pete
Lets not forget Marcus did not sign our useless midfield,

It was Hurst who got them from a team that got relegated to the conference,

A couple of ins and outs come January on the cards.

Absolutely right , he has inherited some good players but unfortunately for him also a pile of sh*te.   Berret offers nothing, Summerfield just not good enough, Disley must be getting frustrated sat on the bench watching those two picked in preference to him. One possible solution that Marcus alluded to in his interview last week, is that when he's fit play Davies in midfield which is the position he's nearly always played during his career. You only need a midfielder with a bit of experience and calm rather than one that runs around all game like a headless chicken hoofing it anywhere.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 199
mariner91
December 10, 2016, 5:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,726
Gold Stars: 262
Grimsby2012 is a terrible WUM. He was claiming we'd get relegated before the season had even started so there's no evidence that he "always backed Hurst". You're sad mate, get a hobby or a girlfriend.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 199
Balthazar Bullitt
December 10, 2016, 6:05pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +2,260
Gold Stars: 16
Flea bag post = ignore.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 199
cleethorpes_mariner
December 10, 2016, 6:08pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
Quoted from mariner91
Grimsby2012 is a terrible WUM. He was claiming we'd get relegated before the season had even started so there's no evidence that he "always backed Hurst". You're sad mate, get a hobby or a girlfriend.

I bet he practices his hobby one handed whilst dreaming he has a girlfriend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 199
December 10, 2016, 6:09pm
Guest User
Some short memories here, you forgot already we hammered Plymouth 3-0, who at the time were top of the League and then followed that with a good 2-2 draw against Carlisle.  I sometimes wonder if some of the posters on here know anything about football at all!

We are not going to win every match in a season, but if we play to the potential we have shown so far this season, we will still be in this League next year, and that is a positive bearing in mind where we have been for the last 5 years!
Reply: 26 - 199
HackneyHaddock
December 10, 2016, 6:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Nonsense on stilts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 199
moosey_club
December 10, 2016, 6:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,295
Gold Stars: 226
i am convinced by Bignot himself and probably in what he wants to do.....

i am not convinced though that he has the tools at his disposal.....he has used his preferred system since coming in and since then i dont think we have;
dominated a game
created many chances
looked solid defensively
played with any flair

Omar is looking increasingly isolated up top, Jackson is an utter waste of a shirt out wide as is Berrett at the tip of midfield diamond.

Bignot promised us postivity, pressing play high up the pitch, tactical changes and plenty of wingers crossing the ball in.....i believe he wants that, i believe he may well deliver that but just not with the squad at his disposal....two centre halves, a keeper and  a first year pro on the bench... not inspiring for a home game.

How Berrett managed to last 90 mins out there without getting the hook amazes me and most of the people i heard around me.

Survive this season now unfortunately for me and then a big rebuild in the summer.

I think Marcus may have to review his set up and accept that he may not have what he needs and therefore adjust accordingly....Hurst left him a largely defensive unit with a sprinkle of flair, i think Marcus would prefer it the other way around.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 199
oldun
December 10, 2016, 6:17pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I cannot believe I have just read such tripe. Yes we are not good enough to win this league. Yes we probably won't reach the play offs but we have to be realistic we have just come into this league and we are playing teams who have been here longer, got more experience and have better players, Remember too we played away at  Luton when they were top and won, we played away at Plymouth who were top and beat them convincingly. There is no reason we cannot go to Donny and get points. Our home form is poor but even today a point was nearly ours.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 199
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › ANY ONE ELSE NOT CONVINCED

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.