Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Message from John Fenty
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 22 Guests

Message from John Fenty

This thread currently has 72,740 views. Print
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
carrot top
November 4, 2011, 11:16pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
[quote=75]Disappointing e-mail from John if I'm honest. I've a lot of time for the bloke, I know he is Town through and through but we are an utter shambles and I would have thought he could have rose above any nonsense on here.

The catering is shocking (I tried to buy a twix to go with my 'hot chocolate aka drainwater last Saturday to be told there was no chocolate left - it's hardly short dated! No beer pumps in the main stand bar, crap cans). Amateur, urine poor and obviously short sighted cost cutting gone too far.

I have to say that apart from Mcmenemy's the facilities are absolutely shite and the club should be ashamed. I remember using the main stand bar in the 70's and it was ok then, but i went in there with my brother last season against York and could not believe how poor it was. I expected to step back in time a bit but ffs it was almost victorian in there. For this I blame the people who run the club. It is without doubt pathetic

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 348
AndyGTFC
November 4, 2011, 11:21pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
It's easy to say rise above it but people do go too far here sometimes. He obviously isn't against criticism, he's had his fair share of it over the years and hasn't done this before.

Personally, I'm guessing that this has to do with some of the posts about his motives when it comes to selling BP and the new ground. Some of those were bordering on slander and there's no place for that sort of stuff on here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 348
Rodley Mariner
November 4, 2011, 11:22pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
I am so sick of supporting this football club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 348
November 4, 2011, 11:22pm
Guest User
Quoted from carrot top
[quote=75]Disappointing e-mail from John if I'm honest. I've a lot of time for the bloke, I know he is Town through and through but we are an utter shambles and I would have thought he could have rose above any nonsense on here.

The catering is shocking (I tried to buy a twix to go with my 'hot chocolate aka drainwater last Saturday to be told there was no chocolate left - it's hardly short dated! No beer pumps in the main stand bar, crap cans). Amateur, urine poor and obviously short sighted cost cutting gone too far.

I have to say that apart from Mcmenemy's the facilities are absolutely shite and the club should be ashamed. I remember using the main stand bar in the 70's and it was ok then, but i went in there with my brother last season against York and could not believe how poor it was. I expected to step back in time a bit but ffs it was almost victorian in there. For this I blame the people who run the club. It is without doubt pathetic

Without doubt we have more to worry about than the lack of Mars bars and shite quality hot chocolate. Or warm canned beer but it is urine poor. The "Mariner's Kitchen" had a sign printed by Mad Harry's or some bloke off the market held on by blue tack. Got to say, it's the first time I've bothered getting a drink of a bite for years, the prices were shocking, the quality massively lacking but like I say, we've more important things to worry about. That said, is it a sign of what the clubs about nowadays?
Reply: 73 - 348
davmariner
November 4, 2011, 11:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,923
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from AndyGTFC
It's easy to say rise above it but people do go too far here sometimes. He obviously isn't against criticism, he's had his fair share of it over the years and hasn't done this before.

Personally, I'm guessing that this has to do with some of the posts about his motives when it comes to selling BP and the new ground. Some of those were bordering on slander and there's no place for that sort of stuff on here.

Yes that's exactly it. People slate JF left, right and centre all the time; I think that the highlighted is exactly what has drunk him off and fair enough really.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 348
Rodley Mariner
November 4, 2011, 11:58pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
Why can't he just ignore it like everybody else involved in football in the country or send a private message to the moderators? Unless you're a complete flipping idiot then you can see anybody suggesting he's getting rich from the money he has in Town is a half-wit. I don't think he has ulterior motives in his Chairmanship I just think he has done an abysmal job of running GTFC. Maybe he should display some humility and understand that people are angry about what has happened under his tenureship and sometimes a 'simpler' minority will spout balderdash on the internet. In the grand scheme of things who gives a intercourse what's written on The Fishy?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 348
mariner91
November 5, 2011, 12:24am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,644
Gold Stars: 261
Only just got on the fishy and have half read this thread, people saying its a hoax though I think are wrong. I'm nearly certain that someone has mentioned before that Fenty is dyslexic which is why he has a lot of spelling errors.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 348
Tommy
November 5, 2011, 12:27am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
For those suggesting Fenty should take responsibility and take the criticism for the direction the club has gone in:

He has clearly taken responsibility for this and to my mind can take the criticism too. It must be killing him that the club has sank so low during his chairmanship, but he knows he has done his best for the club. He's always worked hard and in what he's believed to be the best interests of the club. For this, he doesn't deserve the personal insults and wild suggestions of his motives or plans that seem to be made up on-the-spot to suit the individuals agenda.

Criticise all you want, that isn't what JF has written to Rob about.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 348
RexFannies
November 5, 2011, 1:08am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +517
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I am so sick of supporting this football club.

I'm worried that Fenty feels the same way.

The Only Way Is Up
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 78 - 348
80sglory
November 5, 2011, 1:16am
Guest User
This entire thread is so embarrasing a facepalm doesn't do it justice.  

My advice is to say what you like but be careful not to make potentially libellous accusations and don't believe everything you read.

I've noticed lots of people get very passionate, wound up and abusive, but does it ever improve things ?
At the end of the day there's not much you can do about it...

Everyone just chill out.  

Reply: 79 - 348
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Message from John Fenty

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.