Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Message from John Fenty
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 14 Guests

Message from John Fenty

This thread currently has 72,586 views. Print
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
davmariner
November 4, 2011, 9:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,910
Gold Stars: 78
It's an absolute joke the personal abuse Fenty has recieved on here and he's correct to finally do something about it; what's even more of a farce is people also attacking his brother. Hopefully it is noted that it's the very small minority of 'fans' who behave in this way; most of us with at least half a brain cell know better.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 348
bobbyturtle
November 4, 2011, 9:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from 2075

Is financial baking something to do with making money in the oven?

If so, I'm in.

cooking the books

* disclaimer. a joke, not suggesting anything like that has happened at all. i was told to say it by my 3 year old son

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 348
lew chaterleys lover
November 4, 2011, 9:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,652
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from SitePublisher
Dear Rob,

I have been asked by staff at the club to review the posting on your website (The Fishy).

It is with huge disappointment what I have read and I couldn’t be more appalled, by the offensive nature of many of the threads and postings, some of which are abhorrent to say the least and others no doubt liables me.

I am aware that you are able to trace the IP addresses of those posting the messages.

Could you please with immediate effect remove all threads or postings accordingly and retain them for potential evidence together with their IP addresses and contact details and confirm to me that you have done this, as I may be forced to make challenge in due course if the site is not moderated appropriately in the future.

For the record I have also retained screen scrapes of the threads.

I am at a loss as to how anyone can deserve such accusations or that they can be left to accumulate.

Would the same people abuse the clubs sponsors that provide sponsorship and expect them to carry on next year, I think not.

I have only ever worked in the best interest of our football club and will continue to do that, if that requires me to leave the Board of Directors then I would do this. I am not hanging on over other options available to our club.

Its not so long ago there were some suggesting that when I held 51% shareholding in the club, that this was a reason for lack of external interest/investment in the club. Now it’s my loans.

What are they going to say if I convert loans into shares now!!!! that I am vie for control.

The club has effectively been up for sale since I stepped down as chairman and there has been no credible interest in taking the club on. A prerequisite of anyone taking over is that they can demonstrate financial baking as I am sure everyone will understand. (That is backing to demonstrate they can finance the club going forward, not to pay back loans as I am sure some will cease on)

I realise during my time as chairman substantially we have failed on the field. Not a defence, but I have to say that the Board have always maintained a competitive playing budget available to each and every manager and ensured that the club can pay its bills during the whole of my involvement in our club.    

I know that’s not good enough, however while our club continues to provide a competitive budget and pay its bills, we have a football club to support and some day, with or without me as a Director, football fortune will return.

There are those that think Noddy and Big Ears are running the club, by god I would like to see them stand up to be counted.

In making decisions without responsibility and the financial implications we can all do better than those in charge, but with the facts and responsibility before you, chooses are not always quite so wide ranging or possible.

I am happy you post this email and would like confirmation of your action by return.

Regards

John Fenty

Is it April 1st??

The spelling and grammar!!

Its got to be a wind up surely>
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 348
Chrisblor
November 4, 2011, 9:53pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,764
Gold Stars: 233

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 348
FishOutOfWater
November 4, 2011, 9:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37

Is it April 1st??

The spelling and grammar!!

Its got to be a wind up surely>

Not another case of account hacking is it.....and by that I would like to point out that I am not referring to the recently published accounts  of GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 44 - 348
Will Haddock
November 4, 2011, 9:59pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -32
Well said Mr Fenty.

<*((((((><  
<*((((((><  
<*((((((><  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 348
Ipswin
November 4, 2011, 10:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
OK moderator, we've all had a laugh now it's time to reveal who it really is.

It can't be Fenty surely.

If it is it explains a lot about our current situation and it's even more worrying that he runs our club and is likely to be chairman again by the end of this month (in my opinion and allegedly of course)

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 348
upthestripes
November 4, 2011, 10:06pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
If some of the statements were near libellous I'm sure the mods would've removed them , as they have on many occasions previously . I'll stand up for JF in so much as he's dipped into his pocket to keep the club afloat and HAS given the managers HE'S appointed a decent budget . However the club has fallen off the cliff under his watch and ultimately , and therefore has to take his blame . Granted no one likes criticism / abuse but it goes with the territory I'm afraid . Just ask anyone who's been PM in the last 25 years . They never came on message boards and told the country to shut it or else !

Difference is the PM gets paid a heck of a lot of money to take up that post, whereas JF puts money IN for the privelage.

All this is the same small group of people venting their spleens over and over and over again because they feel they need someone to be angry at and blame for what in reality is the result of a number of circumstances that have conspired over the years to bring us to where we are now. That one man is soley responsible for it is simplistic and ridiculous imo.
But people stop listening to them so they start to get more and more abusive in their posts towards JF, start attacking his family as if they're also responsible just by association (ie Sonik), and end up inventing complete crap and fueling bollox speculation just so people start to listen again.
Very loud behind a keyboard but funny how you never ever see these people popping up at fans' forums etc to echo the same points they make so (very) regularly on this board.

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 348
lew chaterleys lover
November 4, 2011, 10:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,652
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from upthestripes

Difference is the PM gets paid a heck of a lot of money to take up that post, whereas JF puts money IN for the privelage.

All this is the same small group of people venting their spleens over and over and over again because they feel they need someone to be angry at and blame for what in reality is the result of a number of circumstances that have conspired over the years to bring us to where we are now. That one man is soley responsible for it is simplistic and ridiculous imo.
But people stop listening to them so they start to get more and more abusive in their posts towards JF, start attacking his family as if they're also responsible just by association (ie Sonik), and end up inventing complete crap and fueling bollox speculation just so people start to listen again.
Very loud behind a keyboard but funny how you never ever see these people popping up at fans' forums etc to echo the same points they make so (very) regularly on this board.

I am sure its a wind up but Sonik can give as good as he gets!
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 348
kingofthekippers
November 4, 2011, 10:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +39 / -4
Approval: +6
Don't solicitors usually send out missives like this? Saves making potentially expensive mistakes. I suspect a hoax.

Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 348
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Message from John Fenty

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.