Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Message from John Fenty
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 23 Guests

Message from John Fenty

This thread currently has 72,732 views. Print
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Koggmaster
November 4, 2011, 9:14pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -3
Quoted from SitePublisher
From now on any posts which libel Mr Fenty or any of the other GTFC board members will be removed. IP Addresses, names and e-mail addresses will be recorded and anyone who has been warned will be banned from the site. You may think you are hiding behind a made up name but you are not really.

Unbelievable !!  He's probably got no issues with nice, positive "we love John Fenty" threads but anyone mentions his long list of failures and poor decision making and he comes out with that !!!

You can't help but libel him when you mention all his fook ups !!  lol

I like how he suggested it wasn't him making a complaint  . . . . . . . really !!!
"I have been asked by staff at the club to review the posting on your website (The Fishy)"  What a joke !

Hoorah . . . . . so much for free speech eh !!!

It just confirms what I've suspected about him and supports the many reasons why IMO the club failed under his Chairmanship !

Avast, me proud beauty! Would ya mind if I fired me cannon through your porthole !!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 348
Koggmaster
November 4, 2011, 9:17pm

Shandy Drinker
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -3
Quoted from cardiffmariner
Utterly unnecessary from Fenty - as is usually the case with his public statements.

It says a lot about the club and the man himself that he cannot rise above such childish internet drivel and feels the need to take such a threatening and heavy-handed approach.

People on here talk about the potential death of GTFC but as far as I am concerned that has already happened.  I still support them (I'll be there tomorrow) but the fire and passion has been wiped away by the misery of the last ten years.  Rightly or wrongly, I blame JF for that, and I for one hope the man never gets near the chairmanship again.

Feel free to pass that on to John, Rob.

100% AGREE !

Avast, me proud beauty! Would ya mind if I fired me cannon through your porthole !!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 348
Trickytrev
November 4, 2011, 9:19pm
Beer Drinker
Approval: +117
I still think some of you are  slightly missing the point, look at the first line of the letter:-

" Dear Rob,"

" I have been asked by staff at the club to review the posting on your website (The Fishy)."

It's not only Mr Fenty but also a lot of GTFC staff that some very damaging statements have been made about. It would appear that they the staff asked him to check the fishy.

As an exiled Town supporter living abroad I can't believe some of the stuff that you have been aloud to post on the site. Making untrue of false statements on the net or via email can have serious consequences: I would have thought that after the recent events in the UK you would have all been aware of that.

I am of course very sad to see the state of GTFC on which I have my own thoughts and do get chance now and again to talk to people about it.
All I can see that I think you are lucky that the powers to be (not Mr Fenty of GTFC) have not taken the site of air.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 348
cardiffmariner
November 4, 2011, 9:19pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,314
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
There is a massive difference between having an opinion, debating it and personal abuse. The Fishy should be about lively debate and peculiar humour, it is always poorer when it drops into abuse, to JF or anyone else, even some of our own problem children. What the original letter should do is make you stop and think before posting anything abusive. For the record if people want to abuse me they can feel free as I don't give a excrement. The point is though the moment someone does take offence is the moment it becomes a problem. Even ex chairmen with the thickest of skin reach that point eventually.

Pls note the exceptions to the above are Dave Challinor, Lee Hughes, Martin Butler and Micky Lyons, there are others, but perhaps they should be placed on some sort of Town Offenders Register so the Fishy vigilante mob can chase after them from behind their keyboards.

Agreed.  But once again its the manner of how Fenty deals with things like this.  Surely a private correspondance to the board moderators would have sufficed and then they could have taken the appropriate action?  After all, I suspect we are talking about no more than 5-10 posters who have got anywhere near anything libellous, if that.

As for his complaints about the language being used and things being abusive - does he listen to some GTFC fans at games and the abuse they hurl at players, managers, opposing fans? Plenty of this is appalling.  Is he going to take action against this?  Suspect not.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 348
GrimRob
November 4, 2011, 9:20pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Koggmaster

Unbelievable !!  He's probably got no issues with nice, positive "we love John Fenty" threads but anyone mentions his long list of failures and poor decision making and he comes out with that !!!

That's not true at all. You can criticise you just can't say anything you can't prove about him (and by that I mean it's in the public domain). The same goes for any other person in the country. It's the law believe it or not!

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 34 - 348
Bullitt
November 4, 2011, 9:22pm
Guest User
Quoted from GrimRob

That's not true at all. You can criticise you just can't say anything you can't prove about him (and by that I mean it's in the public domain). The same goes for any other person it the country. It's the law believe it or not!

So we can say he's dragged this club down to the bottom of English football in the past 10 years and post the league tables as proof, maybe throw in a bit of harvard referencing?
Reply: 35 - 348
louth_in_the_south
November 4, 2011, 9:35pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,674
Gold Stars: 95
If some of the statements were near libellous I'm sure the mods would've removed them , as they have on many occasions previously . I'll stand up for JF in so much as he's dipped into his pocket to keep the club afloat and HAS given the managers HE'S appointed a decent budget . However the club has fallen off the cliff under his watch and ultimately , and therefore has to take his blame . Granted no one likes criticism / abuse but it goes with the territory I'm afraid . Just ask anyone who's been PM in the last 25 years . They never came on message boards and told the country to shut it or else !

There's no doubt JF is town thru and thru which probably makes it worse for all concerned . It would be easier if he were from the far east or Russia

Chill the f u c k out John !!

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 348
Ipswin
November 4, 2011, 9:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Having read his message to Rob my need for someone to act as my proxy at the AGM to vote against Fenty's re-election as a director of GTFC is now even greater and when he is proposed as Chairman, as he inevitably will be, it is vital he is not successful.

(I don't think that 'liables' anyone)

Clearly the posts alleging that the club is massively overstaffed appear to have some accuracy if they have time to monitor this message board in works time.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 348
cod.gtfc
November 4, 2011, 9:38pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from psgmariner
Good on Fenty. Some people on here need to grow up.

Keyboard warriors. It's cringeworthy.

Best post on here in the last few weeks.

short and to the point and completely true.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 348
LH
November 4, 2011, 9:39pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,503
Gold Stars: 173
Can admin not just ask Mr Fenty to point out which posts are the offensive ones and speak to individuals involved and go through appropriate channels that way? It's better than having loads of people seeing how close they can get to crossing the line and a load of other people thinking they're hilarious and posting post after post of unfunny 'jokes'.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 348
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Message from John Fenty

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.