Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Message from John Fenty
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 5 Guests

Message from John Fenty

This thread currently has 72,722 views. Print
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Liam94
November 4, 2011, 10:51pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +9 / -2
the whole point of the fishy is so fans can have their say and if some don't like him then he should just not get worked up over it, that email has changed my opinion of him, if he's gonna have a hissy fit over a few nasty comments then he belongs in primary school.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 348
MargeMariner
November 4, 2011, 10:57pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Quoted from Liam94
the whole point of the fishy is so fans can have their say and if some don't like him then he should just not get worked up over it, that email has changed my opinion of him, if he's gonna have a hissy fit over a few nasty comments then he belongs in primary school.

Alongside the idiots making unfounded accusations about his motives etc. Where does it end? A lot of people have issues with the state of GTFC. The vast majority don't descend into the sort of personal abuse that a few think is acceptable in a civilised society. More power to Fenty's elbow.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 348
aaron rattray
November 4, 2011, 10:58pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from diehardmariner

What did you e-mail him about?

about the catering

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 348
supertown
November 4, 2011, 11:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,439
Gold Stars: 53
I'm not sure which posts are being referred to but I certainly think his daughter has grounds for complaint, there were some very non pc comments about her quite a while back. I would also think that Jf isn't threatening people who don't like him or the running of the club, it is more likely the odd comment that has been made without reasoning or evidence.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 348
Liam94
November 4, 2011, 11:03pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Quoted from MargeMariner

Alongside the idiots making unfounded accusations about his motives etc.

yeah some are idiots just wanting to degrade him but others have some balanced opinions.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 348
carrot top
November 4, 2011, 11:03pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
This thread is bullshite

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 348
November 4, 2011, 11:06pm
Guest User
Disappointing e-mail from John if I'm honest. I've a lot of time for the bloke, I know he is Town through and through but we are an utter shambles and I would have thought he could have rose above any nonsense on here.

He has put a lot of money in, money I don't have or I'd do the same. But the facts are we are a mid table NON LEAGUE club, it hurts me to type that and John has to (and to be fair, has) take some responsibility. I don't doubt he has the best interests of the club but the ground is crumbling, the facilities a disgrace. The catering is shocking (I tried to buy a twix to go with my 'hot chocolate aka drainwater last Saturday to be told there was no chocolate left - it's hardly short dated! No beer pumps in the main stand bar, crap cans). Amateur, urine poor and obviously short sighted cost cutting gone too far.

There have been issues with media outlets in the past (The Black and White Corner, Radio Humberside) where John has removed access to the players and the club when he hasn't agreed with what was being said. It's interesting how the Telegraph hasn't particularly asked difficult or searching questions for a number of years - perhaps because they have a symbiotic relationship with the club and don't want to rock the boat? (my opinion, I stand by it).

This latest episode does not sit easy with me at all.

I'll not hide behind a keyboard. BP Vicar aka Jason Paget.
Reply: 66 - 348
November 4, 2011, 11:06pm
Guest User
Having read JF comments a few times over i have to agree with him, we have unfortunately had a torrid time with him as Chairman however some of the rude and sicking comments you read on here are totally out of order !. We have all posted on here saying 10 years ago we was batting above our weight..... well yes we was so was Luton, Lincoln, Stockport, Cambridge to name a few in our league look a level above Bradford, Swindon, Plymouth to name a couple well i think Fenty, granted is to blame to some degree but needs to be praised for the way we have controlled our finances and have at least tried to improve things weather or not people agree with Johns decisions is there own choice i certainly dont agree with alot of the things he has done but it has to be noted the guy is Grimsby through and through and at least maybe some respect has to be shown to him
Reply: 67 - 348
November 4, 2011, 11:13pm
Guest User
Quoted from 891
Having read JF comments a few times over i have to agree with him, we have unfortunately had a torrid time with him as Chairman however some of the rude and sicking comments you read on here are totally out of order !. We have all posted on here saying 10 years ago we was batting above our weight..... well yes we was so was Luton, Lincoln, Stockport, Cambridge to name a few in our league look a level above Bradford, Swindon, Plymouth to name a couple well i think Fenty, granted is to blame to some degree but needs to be praised for the way we have controlled our finances and have at least tried to improve things weather or not people agree with Johns decisions is there own choice i certainly dont agree with alot of the things he has done but it has to be noted the guy is Grimsby through and through and at least maybe some respect has to be shown to him

Fair points but our finances are hardly under control! The club is losing almost 1 million a year. I understand we will lose the parachute payment from next year too, the youth grants gone? IMO we have to either accept we are a non league club and cut our cloth accordingly or we have to beg JF to keep pumping money into a great big hole. The new ground looks to be as far away as ever. Depressing stuff.
Reply: 68 - 348
TownLad87
November 4, 2011, 11:13pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +10 / -13
Approval: +0
If it is John Fenty who has emailed the fishy, why don't you try and fix some of the problems that you have ultimately caused. Not hard to do really.
For a man who has made over £20million pounds from albeit a family business you sure have ruined our great club.
Your a joke.
Regards Michael Yarborough.

GT GTF GTFC OK!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 348
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Message from John Fenty

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.