Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Message from John Fenty
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 23 Guests

Message from John Fenty

This thread currently has 72,584 views. Print
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
tintowner
November 4, 2011, 8:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +603
Gold Stars: 20
Wheres my original post gone?

Batch, K.Moore, Waters, Wiggington, Crombie, Brolly, Ford, Drinkell, Mitchell, Cumming, Kilmore. D.Moore, Stone, Liddell. ....1979/80..... now that WAS a team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 348
Theimperialcoroner
November 4, 2011, 8:50pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,141
Gold Stars: 102
There is a massive difference between having an opinion, debating it and personal abuse. The Fishy should be about lively debate and peculiar humour, it is always poorer when it drops into abuse, to JF or anyone else, even some of our own problem children. What the original letter should do is make you stop and think before posting anything abusive. For the record if people want to abuse me they can feel free as I don't give a excrement. The point is though the moment someone does take offence is the moment it becomes a problem. Even ex chairmen with the thickest of skin reach that point eventually.

Pls note the exceptions to the above are Dave Challinor, Lee Hughes, Martin Butler and Micky Lyons, there are others, but perhaps they should be placed on some sort of Town Offenders Register so the Fishy vigilante mob can chase after them from behind their keyboards.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 348
tintowner
November 4, 2011, 8:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +603
Gold Stars: 20
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
There is a massive difference between having an opinion, debating it and personal abuse. The Fishy should be about lively debate and peculiar humour, it is always poorer when it drops into abuse, to JF or anyone else, even some of our own problem children. What the original letter should do is make you stop and think before posting anything abusive. For the record if people want to abuse me they can feel free as I don't give a excrement. The point is though the moment someone does take offence is the moment it becomes a problem. Even ex chairmen with the thickest of skin reach that point eventually.

Pls note the exceptions to the above are Dave Challinor, Lee Hughes, Martin Butler and Micky Lyons, there are others, but perhaps they should be placed on some sort of Town Offenders Register so the Fishy vigilante mob can chase after them from behind their keyboards.

I like the sound of a Town Offenders Register>

Batch, K.Moore, Waters, Wiggington, Crombie, Brolly, Ford, Drinkell, Mitchell, Cumming, Kilmore. D.Moore, Stone, Liddell. ....1979/80..... now that WAS a team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 348
Bullitt
November 4, 2011, 8:59pm
Guest User
Quoted from headingly_mariner
That is embarrassing!

I wish i had some financial baking  

Is financial baking something to do with making money in the oven?

If so, I'm in.
Reply: 23 - 348
0ld timer
November 4, 2011, 9:05pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +3
loads of budding chairmen on this board tonight ,, i hope they put there money in then every thing will b sorted ,, easy isnt it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 348
cardiffmariner
November 4, 2011, 9:05pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,308
Gold Stars: 24
Utterly unnecessary from Fenty - as is usually the case with his public statements.

It says a lot about the club and the man himself that he cannot rise above such childish internet drivel and feels the need to take such a threatening and heavy-handed approach.

People on here talk about the potential death of GTFC but as far as I am concerned that has already happened.  I still support them (I'll be there tomorrow) but the fire and passion has been wiped away by the misery of the last ten years.  Rightly or wrongly, I blame JF for that, and I for one hope the man never gets near the chairmanship again.

Feel free to pass that on to John, Rob.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 348
Bullitt
November 4, 2011, 9:07pm
Guest User
Quoted from cardiffmariner
Utterly unnecessary from Fenty - as is usually the case with his public statements.

It says a lot about the club and the man himself that he cannot rise above such childish internet drivel and feels the need to take such a threatening and heavy-handed approach.

People on here talk about the potential death of GTFC but as far as I am concerned that has already happened.  I still support them (I'll be there tomorrow) but the fire and passion has been wiped away by the misery of the last ten years.  Rightly or wrongly, I blame JF for that, and I for one hope the man never gets near the chairmanship again.

Biggest nail on the head post, post of the week infact.
Reply: 26 - 348
headingly_mariner
November 4, 2011, 9:08pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from SitePublisher
Dear Rob,

I have been asked by staff at the club to review the posting on your website (The Fishy).

It is with huge disappointment what I have read and I couldn’t be more appalled, by the offensive nature of many of the threads and postings, some of which are abhorrent to say the least and others no doubt liables me.

I am aware that you are able to trace the IP addresses of those posting the messages.

Could you please with immediate effect remove all threads or postings accordingly and retain them for potential evidence together with their IP addresses and contact details and confirm to me that you have done this, as I may be forced to make challenge in due course if the site is not moderated appropriately in the future.

For the record I have also retained screen scrapes of the threads.

I am at a loss as to how anyone can deserve such accusations or that they can be left to accumulate.

Would the same people abuse the clubs sponsors that provide sponsorship and expect them to carry on next year, I think not.

I have only ever worked in the best interest of our football club and will continue to do that, if that requires me to leave the Board of Directors then I would do this. I am not hanging on over other options available to our club.

Its not so long ago there were some suggesting that when I held 51% shareholding in the club, that this was a reason for lack of external interest/investment in the club. Now it’s my loans.

What are they going to say if I convert loans into shares now!!!! that I am vie for control.

The club has effectively been up for sale since I stepped down as chairman and there has been no credible interest in taking the club on. A prerequisite of anyone taking over is that they can demonstrate financial baking as I am sure everyone will understand. (That is backing to demonstrate they can finance the club going forward, not to pay back loans as I am sure some will cease on)

I realise during my time as chairman substantially we have failed on the field. Not a defence, but I have to say that the Board have always maintained a competitive playing budget available to each and every manager and ensured that the club can pay its bills during the whole of my involvement in our club.    

I know that’s not good enough, however while our club continues to provide a competitive budget and pay its bills, we have a football club to support and some day, with or without me as a Director, football fortune will return.

There are those that think Noddy and Big Ears are running the club, by god I would like to see them stand up to be counted.

In making decisions without responsibility and the financial implications we can all do better than those in charge, but with the facts and responsibility before you, chooses are not always quite so wide ranging or possible.

I am happy you post this email and would like confirmation of your action by return.

Regards

John Fenty

http://www.grimsby.ac.uk/adult/lifeSkills/courseinformation.php?id=186000195620082
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 348
0ld timer
November 4, 2011, 9:08pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +3
Quoted from cardiffmariner

childish drivel ,, oh dear i thought people were taking it seriously
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 348
RoboCod
November 4, 2011, 9:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Noddy and Big Ears...I like that. Much, much better than Chuckle Brothers etc....

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 348
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Message from John Fenty

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.