Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell Out  (triple merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Artell Out  (triple merged)

This thread currently has 47,523 views. Print
56 Pages Prev ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 Next All Recommend Thread
denni266
February 11, 2024, 9:06am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +697
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from 123614

Rubbish once again Yoda.

I dont think Yoda is that far off tbh
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 470 - 556
Northbank Mariner
February 11, 2024, 9:07am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,526
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from 123614

Rubbish once again Yoda.

I actually think you are wrong saying this.....

The discontent around Artell is now very palpable, in the pontoon and at half time all the conversations were around how poor he's been at not recognising we do not have the personnel to play the way he wants to.

And it was also very notable that in his first few games the players went over to get instructions during breaks in play, yesterday they just stood about staring into space.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 471 - 556
pen penfras
February 11, 2024, 9:16am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from 123614

It's not DA who needs a pep talk, it's players who play out from the back and pass directly to an opposition player, like Cartwright yesterday.  And don't say that he was playing to instructions, as he should have enough common sense to see that pass wasn't on, and hoof it instead of giving a goal away.  Also Clifton was stood 2 yards from the ball when the quick free kick was taken, he should have immediately stood in front of the ball to stop the quick pass, heaven knows even Sunday League players know to do this.  And if we leave players unmarked on the penalty spot to have a free header and score, how is that, and the other 2 goals DA's fault?  Those are individual errors that you see in every game, in every League, blaming the manager is just wrong, people in every job make mistakes, it appears that we don't have enough of those higher quality players that make less mistakes than others.

Artell laid into Cartwright for doing just that later. It's 100% on Artell that he's forcing this style of play regardless
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 472 - 556
HerveJosse
February 11, 2024, 9:17am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,205
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
First one minute, listen to what he says.

You know your in trouble when the opposition manager feels sorry for you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 473 - 556
toontown
February 11, 2024, 9:22am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,276
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

I actually think you are wrong saying this.....

The discontent around Artell is now very palpable, in the pontoon and at half time all the conversations were around how poor he's been at not recognising we do not have the personnel to play the way he wants to.

And it was also very notable that in his first few games the players went over to get instructions during breaks in play, yesterday they just stood about staring into space.

Remember when he arrived and Artell said he would be watching the first half from the stands to get a better view, then it became well maybe the first game or two he wouldn't whilst he got his message across. How many games into his tenure are we now? He is still on the sidelines like every other  manager balling at the players.
It's going badly wrong very quickly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 474 - 556
pen penfras
February 11, 2024, 9:28am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from friskneymariner

At last scales falling from peoples eyes we were so relieved at getting rid of Fenty nobody saw the danger signs . Artel was very shrewd and told Stockwood what he wanted to hear,and he fell for it.

He has a degree and that's the kind of balderdash that JS loves. Not belittling education, but it's irrelevant to a football manager.

I don't think we'll go down, the bottom two are so bad that we've pulled away from them despite being terrible. But I think there's much bigger problems on the horizon.

Can't imagine we're going to have anywhere near the ticket sales next season. They're going to need to seriously put some money in to give us a decent playing budget considering the huge expansion in staff around the club.

They get a pass on this managerial appointment since it's their first, as long as we stay up. But it's an absolute stinker and the first manager I've not felt any optimism about ever
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 475 - 556
Vance Warner
February 11, 2024, 9:31am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,830
Gold Stars: 105
Quoted from pen penfras

He has a degree and that's the kind of balderdash that JS loves. Not belittling education, but it's irrelevant to a football manager.

I don't think we'll go down, the bottom two are so bad that we've pulled away from them despite being terrible. But I think there's much bigger problems on the horizon.

Can't imagine we're going to have anywhere near the ticket sales next season. They're going to need to seriously put some money in to give us a decent playing budget considering the huge expansion in staff around the club.

They get a pass on this managerial appointment since it's their first, as long as we stay up. But it's an absolute stinker and the first manager I've not felt any optimism about ever

The degree is irrelevant but the previous promotion from this league playing his style of football isn’t

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 476 - 556
HerveJosse
February 11, 2024, 9:33am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,205
Gold Stars: 144
Jason will just have to explain to his children that he has copulated up big style and that their inheritance will have to take a hit to sort it out or his reputation in his home Town will be trash.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 477 - 556
MuddyWaters
February 11, 2024, 9:39am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from HerveJosse
Jason will just have to explain to his children that he has copulated up big style and that their inheritance will have to take a hit to sort it out or his reputation in his home Town will be trash.

In his most recent Guardian article, he wrote that running a football club wasn’t like running a normal business. If there’s one thing he should have learned from Fenty, that was it. You need to keep your customers. To do that, you need to keep them happy.

One or several on here far more unhappy than I’ve ever known.
Private Message
Reply: 478 - 556
HertsGTFC
February 11, 2024, 9:47am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,993
Gold Stars: 228
Been thinking about this for a bit, under Buckley we possibly played the best football in the clubs post war history for a sustained period.

I can’t remember 2 CHs stood on the edge of the 6 yard box at goal kicks waiting for the keeper to tip tap it about with them.

Playing out I get “IF” you have the talent to do it, but why must it be so contrived. It’s almost like the new set piece.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 479 - 556
56 Pages Prev ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell Out  (triple merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.