Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell Out  (triple merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Artell Out  (triple merged)

This thread currently has 47,521 views. Print
56 Pages Prev ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 Next All Recommend Thread
toontown
February 11, 2024, 9:55am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,276
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Been thinking about this for a bit, under Buckley we possibly played the best football in the clubs post war history for a sustained period.

I can’t remember 2 CHs stood on the edge of the 6 yard box at goal kicks waiting for the keeper to tip tap it about with them.

Playing out I get “IF” you have the talent to do it, but why must it be so contrived. It’s almost like the new set piece.

Yeah, anybody who thinks that the Buckley way involved Sherwood, lever and McDermott playing triangles 10 yards from goal whilst Buckley sat beaming about it is deluded.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 480 - 556
StacyColdicotts_hairline
February 11, 2024, 9:59am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Approval: +211
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from HerveJosse

You know your in trouble when the opposition manager feels sorry for you.

Sounds to me as if Artell got his excuses in early to the opposition manager  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 481 - 556
HertsGTFC
February 11, 2024, 10:03am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,993
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from MuddyWaters

In his most recent Guardian article, he wrote that running a football club wasn’t like running a normal business. If there’s one thing he should have learned from Fenty, that was it. You need to keep your customers. To do that, you need to keep them happy.

One or several on here far more unhappy than I’ve ever known.

That’s the weird thing though, people are still turning up - for now at least.

I really like JS & will always be grateful for what he & AP have done, but I do wonder in the summer if we’ll see a Guardian article about the over reliance on data in lower league football and that it contributed to us losing our league status.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 482 - 556
jonnyboy82
February 11, 2024, 10:12am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
I think the owners have got this one wrong , it happens and sometimes it just doesn't work out .

Now for me the biggest question is how many hammerings at home do we take before they say hang on we got it wrong and they sack him ? Or do they refuse to admit its not working and they hang fire hope it clicks ?

I just have this feeling it's not a match for us . It's ok it happens in football but IF we stick with him it's only gonna end one way.

We accept defeat when we put it all in , yesterday was a mix of shite quality and lack of desire.  We won't accept that.

Over to the owners

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 483 - 556
toontown
February 11, 2024, 10:21am
Whiskey Drinker
For me he's got next week to turn it around, two massive games against teams right next to us playing as badly or worse than us - one home one away. Normally you'd say two at home is better but in this case Artell thinks we're better away cos we don't have fan pressure on the players. Let's see him prove that right and go and smash Colchester boot boys the Cowley's then, and then use that confidence and belief to do the same to Donny at home.

On the other hand two defeats and it's deep deep shite time and surely game over for Artell even considering the huge cost to get rid - getting relegated will cost more.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 484 - 556
lew chaterleys lover
February 11, 2024, 10:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,757
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from jonnyboy82
I think the owners have got this one wrong , it happens and sometimes it just doesn't work out .

Now for me the biggest question is how many hammerings at home do we take before they say hang on we got it wrong and they sack him ? Or do they refuse to admit its not working and they hang fire hope it clicks ?

I just have this feeling it's not a match for us . It's ok it happens in football but IF we stick with him it's only gonna end one way.

We accept defeat when we put it all in , yesterday was a mix of shite quality and lack of desire.  We won't accept that.

Over to the owners

The lack of desire has been evident all season and I'm sorry to have to say it again but data led recruitment will not result in the right mix of characters and leaders to get the right blend in a team.

Premier league teams lose millions of pounds on players that don't fit despite having the best data and data analysts money can buy.

If we, for our level, have invested heavily in it there is obviously an obligation to use it come what may and is this a contributing reason Hurst assembled the most un Hurst like squad ever?
Private Message
Reply: 485 - 556
HertsGTFC
February 11, 2024, 10:23am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,993
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Over to the owners

Think you’re bang on here.

On the day we came back up referencing relegation to the NL JS said “that can never be allowed to happen again”.

If he & AP doesn’t know already this time next week they may well have a decision to make to prevent it happening again.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 486 - 556
rancido
February 11, 2024, 10:49am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,652
Gold Stars: 100
Quoted from toontown

Remember when he arrived and Artell said he would be watching the first half from the stands to get a better view, then it became well maybe the first game or two he wouldn't whilst he got his message across. How many games into his tenure are we now? He is still on the sidelines like every other  manager balling at the players.
It's going badly wrong very quickly.

I have been told that there is an analyst on the TV gantry in Young's Stand who has a live feed to the bench. From where I sit in The Upper Youngs you can see him.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 487 - 556
HerveJosse
February 11, 2024, 10:53am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,205
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from toontown
For me he's got next week to turn it around, two massive games against teams right next to us playing as badly or worse than us - one home one away. Normally you'd say two at home is better but in this case Artell thinks we're better away cos we don't have fan pressure on the players. Let's see him prove that right and go and smash Colchester boot boys the Cowley's then, and then use that confidence and belief to do the same to Donny at home.

On the other hand two defeats and it's deep deep shite time and surely game over for Artell even considering the huge cost to get rid - getting relegated will cost more.

The reason are away form is better is we have only played one away game this year
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 488 - 556
toontown
February 11, 2024, 11:07am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from rancido

I have been told that there is an analyst on the TV gantry in Young's Stand who has a live feed to the bench. From where I sit in The Upper Youngs you can see him.

Yeah but I am sure he would have been aware of having that option when he arrived but he said he wanted to see it for himself. I think he is having to do a lot more coaching from the sidelines of the way he wants to play than he expected. Certainly in Saturday he wanted to be able to bawl at players when they didn't fanny about with it at the back like he wants.

He has only ever previously managed at Crewe where players are taught this way of playing since practically being in the womb, I don't think he understood how much of a change this is for your typical league 2 player. He's finding out he needs to be a lot more hands on than he expected as this transition is far more difficult than he anticipated.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 489 - 556
56 Pages Prev ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell Out  (triple merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.