Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell Out  (triple merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Artell Out  (triple merged)

This thread currently has 48,378 views. Print
56 Pages Prev ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... Next All Recommend Thread
IlkleyMariner
January 30, 2024, 1:02pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,033
Gold Stars: 69

Town had a contract. He could have sat back and got paid to play gold. If he was paid off in full, it doesn't mean we didn't have to pay, we just paid our obligations to him sooner. If we have agreed to pay him salary until x date, we owe him that money unless we strike up a deal to say we can pay upfront if you accept a bit less, but I cannot imagine it's that much less. Who doesn't want a holiday?

Unless town have a magic money tree, I'm assuming it came out of the company accounts, the same ones that covers salaries, transfer fees and ground costs, and it'll be same if we bump off another manager.

I don’t know the details of PH contract, but it’s not unusual that payment stops once the manager gets another job in football.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 350 - 556
AncientExiledMariner
January 30, 2024, 1:06pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.33
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +520
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from IlkleyMariner

I don’t know the details of PH contract, but it’s not unusual that payment stops once the manager gets another job in football.

Does that make sense to you? Paid to play golf, and if you accept working 6 days per week, you say goodbye to what you're owed? I'm assuming it's paid in lump sum to simplify the payroll, and hand over the p45 or whatever. Perhaps it's less because coach is going to get more money anyway, but I cannot imagine our obligations vanish. It would mean no manager would ever step down to a lower salary when out of work...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 351 - 556
toontown
January 30, 2024, 1:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,276
Gold Stars: 70

Town had a contract. He could have sat back and got paid to play gold. If he was paid off in full, it doesn't mean we didn't have to pay, we just paid our obligations to him sooner. If we have agreed to pay him salary until x date, we owe him that money unless we strike up a deal to say we can pay upfront if you accept a bit less, but I cannot imagine it's that much less. Who doesn't want a holiday?

Unless town have a magic money tree, I'm assuming it came out of the company accounts, the same ones that covers salaries, transfer fees and ground costs, and it'll be same if we bump off another manager.

If he didn't come to an arrangement on his contract then when he went to manage another club his contract with us ceases and we stop paying him. Alternatively if he has done a deal with us he is free to take that money and get another job in management. I don't know how much we would have had to pay him in such a deal but a fair way short of 100 percent or else why bother. It can still work out enormously beneficial for both parties as would be the case now he has another job.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 352 - 556
HerveJosse
January 30, 2024, 1:13pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,208
Gold Stars: 145
Most likely scenario there was a full and final settlement . He gets a lump sum or deferred payments which is less then full value of remaining contract but is free to get another job and benefit from a new salary . Where the settlement is pitched is a matter for negotiation and on PH side would depend on how confident he would be off getting another job. Same for Doug as well don’t forget. Either way it will have cost us a fair bit and with JS dropping hints about his children’s inheritance the odds of disposing of Artell as well are slim short of total meltdown.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 353 - 556
jamesgtfc
January 30, 2024, 1:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -6
Approval: +13,111
Gold Stars: 192
Quoted from HerveJosse
Most likely scenario there was a full and final settlement . He gets a lump sum or deferred payments which is less then full value of remaining contract but is free to get another job and benefit from a new salary . Where the settlement is pitched is a matter for negotiation and on PH side would depend on how confident he would be off getting another job. Same for Doug as well don’t forget. Either way it will have cost us a fair bit and with JS dropping hints about his children’s inheritance the odds of disposing of Artell as well are slim short of total meltdown.

Hopefully there is a performance-linked clause in the contract that means we don't have to compensate Artell if he takes us down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 354 - 556
forza ivano
January 30, 2024, 1:17pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +71 / -21
Approval: +15,311
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from HerveJosse

that's what I'm led to believe was the situation, and much as it pains me to say it   , I agree with Herve
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 355 - 556
Ollie
January 30, 2024, 1:19pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +24 / -4
Approval: -5

It cost the club north of £500,000 to pay off Paul and Chris.
Private Message
Reply: 356 - 556
jamesgtfc
January 30, 2024, 1:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -6
Approval: +13,111
Gold Stars: 192
Quoted from Ollie

It cost the club north of £500,000 to pay off Paul and Chris.

If true, no wonder Hurst is still so magnanimous about Jason and Andrew.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 357 - 556
HerveJosse
January 30, 2024, 1:40pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,208
Gold Stars: 145
Quoted from jamesgtfc

If true, no wonder Hurst is still so magnanimous about Jason and Andrew.

Keeping his options open for his third spell here in the summer if Shrewsbury and us are relegated.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 358 - 556
GrimRob
January 30, 2024, 2:14pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,474
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from HerveJosse

He's had big gaps between jobs but took this one quite quickly. Read into that what you will but would suggest he wasn't on gardening leave.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 359 - 556
56 Pages Prev ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell Out  (triple merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.