Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell Out  (triple merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Artell Out  (triple merged)

This thread currently has 48,380 views. Print
56 Pages Prev ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... Next All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
January 29, 2024, 8:27pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,442
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Zmariner

I have been on the Fishy for many years and I would rank this as the worst thread ever and the competition has been stiff. 10 or so games in with a poor squad and some blubbering about it. We need 6/7 wins to stay up and as a fan base that's what we must strive for. DA has made some tactical errors for sure but individual errors have killed us. I have never seen so many defensive errors in my time supporting town. We were rubbish on Saturday but the goals were gifts, we self destruct in most games. DA has a lack of talent and leadership at his disposal. The only defensive leader we had was Waterfall but he was limited at this level. I hope he is brilliant at Hartlepool. This is no time for war and I hope DA silences the doubters and even if he doesn't he has not had long enough for this crap.
UTM

Yeah I'd agree and I apologise for contributing which was basically a conversation with a good mate who gets plenty of snippets most of which end up being spot on.
The effort and application I saw on Saturday was not a team playing there best for Manager,fans or teammates 6400 saw what I saw and eyes don't lie.
Massive few days for DA he's got to stiffen that defence inject creativity into his midfield and support his loan striker. Meanwhile his team need to amass around 22 points in the remaining fixtures so roughly 6 wins 4 draws and that looks a tough ask.Grimsby not the only team with these issues so who knows maybe only another 15/16 points is needed?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 320 - 556
Simon
January 29, 2024, 8:30pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Approval: +234
Gold Stars: 33
WOW can't believe i have actually just read 32 pages of all that excrement

All this he said this, she said that, my source said so and so is utter dogs dangly's none of you know anything so please stop with this nonsense it's mind numbing

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 321 - 556
Phil the cod
January 29, 2024, 8:35pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
I'm amazed that nobody has pointed out how mentally weak and fragile our players seem to be.
It's so easy to bully us off the ball.
I look at Cartwrights face and body language during the game and it's frightening how down he looks,and he's not the only one.
Danny rose is the only player I can see with any appetite for a scrap.
Private Message
Reply: 322 - 556
AncientExiledMariner
January 29, 2024, 8:39pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.33
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +520
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from davmariner

You’re focusing on the wrong bit. It’s the what rather than the who that’s important.

Oh boy. The irony here...

Quoted from davmariner

That there’s any element of rebellion in the dressing room is a cause for concern, and to be honest you can see it play out on the pitch in front our eyes with the decision-making. You’re incorrect to say there isn’t.

Artell begrudgingly admitted (in a polite way) post-match that there are players not listening or hearing him which Matt Dean picked up on.

Artell said the players didn't seem to be listening to instructions, he later clarified because he realised some fans would jump on that that he didn't mean they were bad lads and choosing not to listen, but their decision making was incorrect. He'd said have to ask them why they thought the decisions they took were the best ones so he can better communicate with them what was expected. He virtually spelled out what the problem was, after the initial answer. That he felt players were reverting to type. Did you actually watch the full interview with selective hearing or see some clip on twitter and latch on to drama?

With your analysis skills, you could get a job at the Grimsby Telegraph.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 323 - 556
BraStrap
January 29, 2024, 8:44pm
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +92
Gold Stars: 1
Lots to look forward to:

Tweet 1510301555798560774 will appear here...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 324 - 556
Mikey_345
January 29, 2024, 8:51pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,691
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from BraStrap
Lots to look forward to:

Really happy to look forward to digging in and trying to stay in League One…

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 325 - 556
HertsGTFC
January 29, 2024, 8:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.24
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,146
Gold Stars: 241
Before everyone gets even more hysterical & the ghouls make anymore unfounded rumours for people to poor more petrol on maybe it’s worth just stepping back a bit & consider the events of recent weeks and the need for people to stick together when it’s tough.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 326 - 556
CodHead
January 29, 2024, 9:03pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +169
Quoted from BraStrap
Lots to look forward to:

Stop sh1t-stirring, it's not really helpful, is it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 327 - 556
Withnail
January 29, 2024, 9:07pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 36
Sorry all, I've misplaced my reading specs so struggling to keep up with every cough and spit of this thread and can't for the life of me fathom why FishySmithy and Fishcake69 are getting so hot under the collar about whether Artell has given some of the players, but not others, a dressing gown? Or has Artell lost his dressing robe?

Either way, he can snap up a few more of these bobby-dazzlers from the club shop, should he need any extras, with a few clicks of a mouse.

https://www.marinersdirect.co.uk/Sherpa-Fleece-Dressing-Gown
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 328 - 556
Mappers
January 29, 2024, 9:12pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.37
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,658
Gold Stars: 122
Quoted from Phil the cod
I'm amazed that nobody has pointed out how mentally weak and fragile our players seem to be.
It's so easy to bully us off the ball.
I look at Cartwrights face and body language during the game and it's frightening how down he looks,and he's not the only one.
Danny rose is the only player I can see with any appetite for a scrap.

I think everyone just needs to draw a line under all this nonsense , you are right - they are mentally fragile,  at least at this moment in time

Some will look at the socials

Whatever happened to ATAW ?
Leave the appraisals until season end
Let's support the team
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 329 - 556
56 Pages Prev ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell Out  (triple merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.