Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just back

This thread currently has 12,412 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
February 11, 2024, 7:47am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Mappers

I know Crewe are doing well and all . But if Artell was so highly thought of within the game , from players he's worked with before and had success with previously he would have pulled off the Charlie Kirk signing wouldn't he ?

Thought it was telling he went back to Crewe tbh.

To be fair, would you sign for a team at the top end of the table in an area you’re familiar with or a team at the bottom? And that’s before we get into the relative merits of living in and around Grimsby.
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 168
pontoonlew
February 11, 2024, 7:48am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Mappers

I know Crewe are doing well and all . But if Artell was so highly thought of within the game , from players he's worked with before and had success with previously he would have pulled off the Charlie Kirk signing wouldn't he ?

I know it’s seemingly open season on Artell for the next few days but this really is clutching at straws
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 168
ska face
February 11, 2024, 7:51am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,774
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from Mappers

Promotion chasing hometown club where you’re regarded as a hero, or relegation-threatened club 2 & half hours drive from where you live where nobody has ever heard of you.

Yeah must be Artell’s fault that one. You talk some dirge
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 168
Mappers
February 11, 2024, 8:09am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,458
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from ska face

Promotion chasing hometown club where you’re regarded as a hero, or relegation-threatened club 2 & half hours drive from where you live where nobody has ever heard of you.

Fair point .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 168
February 11, 2024, 8:13am
Guest User
Quoted from Eastendmariner
Well common sense tells you  how to set up you also you have to consider your opposition,play out from the back ? with this back four we will have have lots of problems   and it did ! we are playing Stockport best team in the league . Our defence has been so poor all season. Colchester on Tuesday  I fear the worst . Artell needs to ask himself are Sutton and Forest Green going to be this bad all season and coming out with fate tempting statements like we won’t be relegated are in my opinion just plain stupid  I think everyone on this forum knows where we may end up  

Rob, someone always strings a few wins together and we haven't done that all season so I'm not relying on Sutton and FGR remaining behind us. We haven't beaten either yet anyway. I had thought of going to Colchester but it's beyond my pain barrier. It was the home game against them that made me realise we were going to struggle badly.

Hope you get to see a win.

Reply: 94 - 168
ginnywings
February 11, 2024, 8:15am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Stayed away from this forum all night. Haven't read the thread and don't intend to.

We are a fooking shambles yet again, just like we have been for 20 years and I am pig sick of it.

Artell is full of shite, just like the last 5 or 6 managers.

Had enough to be honest and I hope we get relegated so I can finally fook the team off and go do something enjoyable with my weekends.

Can't believe I gave up weeks of my time to build the fanzone and I want to take a big hammer to it and knock it the fook down.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 168
StacyColdicotts_hairline
February 11, 2024, 8:20am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Approval: +211
Gold Stars: 1
Yesterdays performance was truly woeful, poor performances through out the squad. Tactically inept from beginning to end.

It feels to me that Artells tenure at the club may be reaching its natural conclusion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 168
jamesgtfc
February 11, 2024, 8:23am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Why can’t he trust Ben & Shaun?

Because implicit trust takes time to build. Artell is literally here on his own and all the signings seem to be previous targets.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 168
Northbank Mariner
February 11, 2024, 8:26am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,526
Gold Stars: 172
I've been guilty of having a go at so called supporters who are saying "intercourse this I'm giving up following town and wasting my Saturdays on this shite", well yesterday I joined their club!..

Genuinely thought after we got rid of Fenty and his poison we would kick on as a club, but 3 years on and we are almost back where we started, yet our budget should be so much greater with last seasons success, player sales and nigh on 75% increase on season ticket sales.

I know I'll keep punishing myself, but I have to be honest, I'm starting to feel like I'm one more urine poor performance away from a stroke!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 168
Mappers
February 11, 2024, 8:26am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,458
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from ska face

The only 2 things i blame Artell for is :

A)Thinking he could get these losers playing like Barcelona
B)Sticking to it

But A may well be the only reason he got the job .In all probability sticking to A & B for the remaining will take us down imo but that might be more of my 'dirge ' time will tell .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 168
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.