Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just back

This thread currently has 12,174 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
out of town
February 10, 2024, 5:49pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +717
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from MaccasBoots
I'm not sure how it's Artell's fault if the goalkeeper passes it straight to one of their players.

Or how it's his fault if our defenders completely capitulate.

He's been hired by our owners (who gave us the unbelievable play off and fa cup seasons over the last two years - something the tik tok addicts on here seem to have forgotten about very quickly), because he plays a certain style of football. He's not going to suddenly go against all his principles and play hoofball because you're whinging on a forum.

Back the manager. Back the players. Back the club. We all need to put a shift in if we want a good end to the season. Fans leaving the game at thirty minutes certainly aren't doing their part.

Blaming the fans for walking away from the utter dogsh!t they were served today is quite the take
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 168
barralad
February 10, 2024, 5:49pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
For the first eight minutes we were fine. Big crowd (songs from Pontoon, Findus and our bit of the Osmond), players clearly up for it- then whoosh- a ridiculous example of playing out from the back (who gives a pass to someone with an opponent up his backside?), and the foundations holding up our confidence collapse. Sadly, the effect went well beyond events on the pitch. The fans who had been backing the team were still there but the support turned, not unsurprisingly to vociferous anger. This clearly unsettled the players and for the next 35 minutes we were an utter mess. The second goal came because of our utter failure to perform even the most basic task. My football career rrached the dizzy heights of Grimsby Sunday League Division 7 but even I know that as a defending team you do everything you can to prevent a free kick being taken quickly. FFS stand on the ball...anything.
We are now in the situation where a sizeable portion (if not yet a majority) of the support do not buy into the ethos of playing out from the back. They (we) vocalise their concerns and I believe that concern enters the players consciousness. After the second goal and being willed to do so Cartwright hit a goal kick long. I looked over towards the technical area and Artell was livid with him.  The 3rd goal (free header 15 yards out completes a miserable half hour.
The sevond half was 100% better but too little effectively too late. Huge month coming up.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 168
arryarryarry
February 10, 2024, 5:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,035
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from MuddyWaters
I really don’t where to start other than to say it’s getting worse not better. I’m not privy to the chairman’s thoughts but, admirable as the desire to play nice football is, you can’t do it without spending money on players who can play it.

The two full backs were decent as was Chas when he came on but the rest of them were just not good enough. Really worrying.

I thought the full backs were pretty crap and no improvement whatsoever.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 168
davmariner
February 10, 2024, 5:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,935
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from MaccasBoots
I'm not sure how it's Artell's fault if the goalkeeper passes it straight to one of their players.

He's been hired by our owners (who gave us the unbelievable play off and fa cup seasons over the last two years - something the tik tok addicts on here seem to have forgotten about very quickly), because he plays a certain style of football. He's not going to suddenly go against all his principles and play hoofball because you're whinging on a forum.

Back the manager. Back the players. Back the club. We all need to put a shift in if we want a good end to the season. Fans leaving the game at thirty minutes certainly aren't doing their part.

It’s burying your head in the sand like this that will send us down to the National League for a third time.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 168
buckstown
February 10, 2024, 5:55pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,181
Gold Stars: 79
Well that was depressingly predictable. Thought we started ok but the first goal was a catastrophe and the confidence visibly drained out of us.
Stockport were just faster in thought, execution and transition, perfectly illustrated by the goal from a free kick deep in their own half. I could live with the playing out from the back if the centre halves were a bit more adventurous, but they're terrified and seem to buckle under the slightest pressure
The second half was a bit better but when you're 3-0 up at half time you can afford to relax. I'm astonished that Artell sticks to plan A week after week given our weaknesses, but to be honest the only conclusion is that there can't be a plan B and that means that any manager worth his salt will suss us out with ease. Tuesday is a very big game but Cowley must be licking his lips at the thought of getting amongst our defence
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 168
toontown
February 10, 2024, 5:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,280
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

They did at one point and ended up arguing with each other

Yep. Maher I think it was played it forward straight away instead of fancying about at the back and got a bollocking from one of the management team, I assume Artell.

Absolutely furious with that abomination of a display, first 5 minutes we showed Stockport can be got at and we are ok going forward. After that we fanny about at the back with players who are not able to do it, Cartwright has shown that, Rodgers, Maher etc.

I just don't think I can bear a whole season of this shite of fannying about 10 yards from our own goal until we get pressured and panic and gift chances away. I just can't stand the away support literally laughing at our buffoonery in defence that comes from the manager. It's absolutely soul destroying. I am already coming round to being Artell out. Seeing those players and seeing them unable to play out in that way, but insisting on it as it's your philosophy - fook off! Your employed to win us matches and points, not spread some gobbledygook philosophy about how you wish we could play football!

I thought we was in a relegation battle but I was still confident we would stay up but FFS I am getting worried now. Artell is so pig headed it's unbelievable and we are walking with our eyes wide open into a 3rd relegation to non league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 168
Quagmire
February 10, 2024, 5:57pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +932
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from MaccasBoots

The fans have backed the club with back-to-back record season ticket sales

We’ve been badly let down by two multi millionaire owners who seem more concerned with B-Corp status and Scotch eggs

Genuine question - what is the actual point of either of them being involved if this is the best they can offer?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 168
MuddyWaters
February 10, 2024, 5:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,265
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from MaccasBoots

It doesn’t matter if you play pretty football or are well run, we simply can’t afford another relegation. Relying on two teams being worse than us is shades of a previous regime.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 168
headingly_mariner
February 10, 2024, 6:00pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,379
Gold Stars: 119
Expected it to be difficult today but that was a first half surrender.

Thompson looked ok last week, he had his bottom handed to him first half today and the defending was pitiful.

Artell has made us worse and at real risk of relegation. He's frozen out Wilson and Pyke who can score goals. He comes across as a bit of a male masturbator in his interviews. He needs to sort it out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 168
It Bites
February 10, 2024, 6:03pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,227
Gold Stars: 265
Im calm and a bit down tbh . Last nights news about Peter Handyside has knocked the football out of me today .

The next 5 games will Define our season . 3 wins bare minimum required
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 168
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.