Heisenberg
February 11, 2024, 5:44pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,072
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Your just a boring obnoxious turd go take your face for a sh1t.Unlike you Ginny goes to games and usually posts with a balanced viewpoint. You  are a weapon end of chat.

He has a point - anyone who claims to be a town fan and hopes we go down to non league again is clearly a w#nker, whether he is a good regular poster or not.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 168
HertsGTFC
February 11, 2024, 5:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,954
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from golfer

Any chance of P M me and letting me know how you manage to see all Town's games on Mariners TV. I am a ST holder but struggle to get to BP.

Have you got a smart phone Golfer?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 168
HertsGTFC
February 11, 2024, 6:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,954
Gold Stars: 228
As much as it irritates me considering the Pringle incident Challoner is a really good manager, one that Artell could learn from.

Listen to his post match and he had a plan to beat us, Artell’s plan appears to be keep doing the same thing regardless of the outcome.

The other thing iis up until this season we’ve been a bogey team for Stockport but they ended that yesterday, something their manager will be leveraging the f**k out of mentality with his players before the run in to winning the league.

Stockport have spent money on players for sure but they are really well coached.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 168
MuddyWaters
February 11, 2024, 6:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,261
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from HertsGTFC
As much as it irritates me considering the Pringle incident Challoner is a really good manager, one that Artell could learn from.

Listen to his post match and he had a plan to beat us, Artell’s plan appears to be keep doing the same thing regardless of the outcome.

The other thing iis up until this season we’ve been a bogey team for Stockport but they ended that yesterday, something their manager will be leveraging the f**k out of mentality with his players before the run in to winning the league.

Stockport have spent money on players for sure but they are really well coached.

They were practicing the press in front of the Main Stand in their warm up. Thought at the time it was great attention to detail.
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 168
February 12, 2024, 10:27am
Guest User
Quoted from DB

I'm disabled and do make the effort to attend BP when the conditions are right for my health. I was probably 1 of the few people at the London Stadium, for the promotion game, who was cold throughout and exhausted from walking from the tube station to the stadium.

BP has an area for the disabled and I'm sure that if you took the time, planned in advance and spoke to the office at BP arrangements could be made to accommodate you.

You should realise that there are different kinds of disabilities, I am not going to discuss mine, however I will say that there is absolutely nothing that GTFC can do to help me attend matches at BP or anywhere else.

Reply: 154 - 168
Mayaman
February 12, 2024, 10:46am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,416
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from DB
I just up the courage to watch the highlights which were very good if you were a Stockport fan. But for town players:-

1/ Don't kick the ball straight at an opposition player.
2/ Stand over the ball until your teammates are ready, at a free kick.
3/ Do not stand and give a forward a free header in the box.

As the team/squad have not learnt from the Tranmere game they could offer to return their wages back to the club as they failed to provide any sort of entertainment/professional ability during the game.

The ball came in for the third goal from a badly defended corner.   Why didn't we push out?  Defensive line was static.  Eisa's clearance was as weak as urine too.   A bit of composure there could have changed the face of the game.  I doubt it, but it could have.  Wish I could see Gav's offside from a better angle.

It's all a bit like my workplace.  It's absolute crap and demoralising. However, most of my colleagues can see, it wouldn't take a few tweaks here and there to make it a good place to work.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 168
Mariner_09
February 12, 2024, 1:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Leave aside the result on Saturday for a second. My overriding emotions extend beyond losing to top of the table Stockport. I'm thoroughly fed up with supporting the club. Almost want it to go away and pretend it never existed.

In the last 2.5, nearly 3 years, we have changed owners and since then changed and improved the whole ethos and culture of the club. We treat players so much better now, look at Scannell and Pearson as examples for that. Giles Coke was held onto as well and allowed a transition into his post playing career rather than being just cut adrift. We're not hearing stories of contracts being changed as players drive to sign.

Our backroom staff has grown. We now have a proper Strength and Conditioning Coach, a data analyst, a guy whose sole job is identifying players. Ben Davies's role didn't exist previously.

We are staying over before and after for long away journeys now.

The mood in the club shop and ticket office is far more helpful and warm. Although the ticket situation has struggled for big, big games, the system is a massive improvement on what preceded it.

The communication with the fans is so much better, interviews with Humberside, Mariners TV and columns in the Guardians means we're far better informed.

The matchday experience has improved, take the glass panel at the front of the Upper Findus, we've won countless awards for food on match days. Hey, even the Gents in the main stand are no longer truly disgusting!

All of this is an immeasurable improvement on what went before it and yet, on the pitch, after two years of what threatened to bring back genuine, tangible progress, we're back here again. Despite all of the above, it seems like we're incapable of being any better than this.

Scrambling around, hoping we're somehow better than two sides as to avoid a THIRD spell in the Conference. This is seemingly what we've become and it depresses me.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 168
HerveJosse
February 12, 2024, 2:38pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from Mariner_09
Leave aside the result on Saturday for a second. My overriding emotions extend beyond losing to top of the table Stockport. I'm thoroughly fed up with supporting the club. Almost want it to go away and pretend it never existed.

In the last 2.5, nearly 3 years, we have changed owners and since then changed and improved the whole ethos and culture of the club. We treat players so much better now, look at Scannell and Pearson as examples for that. Giles Coke was held onto as well and allowed a transition into his post playing career rather than being just cut adrift. We're not hearing stories of contracts being changed as players drive to sign.

Our backroom staff has grown. We now have a proper Strength and Conditioning Coach, a data analyst, a guy whose sole job is identifying players. Ben Davies's role didn't exist previously.

We are staying over before and after for long away journeys now.

The mood in the club shop and ticket office is far more helpful and warm. Although the ticket situation has struggled for big, big games, the system is a massive improvement on what preceded it.

The communication with the fans is so much better, interviews with Humberside, Mariners TV and columns in the Guardians means we're far better informed.

The matchday experience has improved, take the glass panel at the front of the Upper Findus, we've won countless awards for food on match days. Hey, even the Gents in the main stand are no longer truly disgusting!

All of this is an immeasurable improvement on what went before it and yet, on the pitch, after two years of what threatened to bring back genuine, tangible progress, we're back here again. Despite all of the above, it seems like we're incapable of being any better than this.

Scrambling around, hoping we're somehow better than two sides as to avoid a THIRD spell in the Conference. This is seemingly what we've become and it depresses me.

Thank gos for glass screens ( paid for buy a grant) and expensive food . Where would we be without them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 168
ska face
February 12, 2024, 2:40pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
You’d have probably 600 premium seats per match sold as restricted view rather than full price, for a start. Helmet.
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 168
Abdul19
February 12, 2024, 3:22pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,567
Gold Stars: 216
Yeah but if we weren't paying for B corp we could buy a 80 goal a season striker.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 168
17 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.