Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
Gyranger.2 and 45 Guests

Just back

This thread currently has 12,399 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
February 11, 2024, 8:32am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ginnywings
Stayed away from this forum all night. Haven't read the thread and don't intend to.

We are a fooking shambles yet again, just like we have been for 20 years and I am pig sick of it.

Artell is full of shite, just like the last 5 or 6 managers.

Had enough to be honest and I hope we get relegated so I can finally fook the team off and go do something enjoyable with my weekends.

Can't believe I gave up weeks of my time to build the fanzone and I want to take a big hammer to it and knock it the fook down.

No more fence sitting then Ginny? 😉👏👏👏
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 168
lew chaterleys lover
February 11, 2024, 8:35am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,755
Gold Stars: 237
Yesterdays performance was truly woeful, poor performances through out the squad. Tactically inept from beginning to end.

It feels to me that Artells tenure at the club may be reaching its natural conclusion.

We were also rubbish under Hurst. The players responded to Artell initially yet now seem to have gone backwards again and I reckon that is because this group of players, who no doubt looked good on paper and their data sets, have just not gelled at all, at any time.

Getting together a successful side is a complicated business and we seem to have lost sight of all the other things that are important to get the right blend, which does often need some luck.

How we managed to assemble this squad of players without a leader amongst them, and have two keepers not suitable for league 2 for different reasons is a mystery.
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 168
HertsGTFC
February 11, 2024, 8:49am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,993
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Because implicit trust takes time to build. Artell is literally here on his own and all the signings seem to be previous targets.

If you look at Artell’s career I don’t think he’s got too much of a network to realistically bring in.

The signing may have been previous targets I’d expect them to be to a degree as that’s how the model works when you have a head of recruitment.

To say that Artell hasn’t got enough of his own people in is just cognitive dissonance and you’re massively reframing a complete sh1t show on his part.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 168
HertsGTFC
February 11, 2024, 8:52am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,993
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from ginnywings
Stayed away from this forum all night. Haven't read the thread and don't intend to.

We are a fooking shambles yet again, just like we have been for 20 years and I am pig sick of it.

Artell is full of shite, just like the last 5 or 6 managers.

Had enough to be honest and I hope we get relegated so I can finally fook the team off and go do something enjoyable with my weekends.

Can't believe I gave up weeks of my time to build the fanzone and I want to take a big hammer to it and knock it the fook down.

I’m sorry you feel that way, a lot of supporters enjoy going to the fans zone so your work is appreciated regardless of the current situation.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 168
ginnywings
February 11, 2024, 8:58am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from MuddyWaters

No more fence sitting then Ginny? 😉👏👏👏

Nope.

I'm done with them. It's embarrassing watching players who can even control a football. I could do it as an amateur, but it seems beyond our players.

I have no problem with losing to a better side, but we just gave them the points, gift wrapped with a big ribbon on top.

Found ourselves apologising to some Stockport fans tonight for not giving them a better game FFS.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 168
Brummie Codfather
February 11, 2024, 9:12am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 22
That was my first game at BP for a while as it’s just such a long way from home, I do usually watch all the matches on TV though.

It looks so much worse in person, being able to see the whole pitch really give me a sense of our problems.  The big issue for me (& no surprises) are our centre backs.  

I’m not against playing out from the back in theory but man how badly can you get it wrong.  So many times Rodgers passed it to Maher, meaning he wasn’t pressed, our midfield pushed forward giving him space to run into, at which point they would trigger their runs and what does he do?  Wait for a soft pass to come to him, rather than coming to the ball, allowing the press, then even if the space was still there be too much of a bottle job to run into it.  Same for Rodgers.  It really pisses me off how their lack of confidence or guts basically destroyed anything our team were trying to do.  We don’t even have the personnel to replace them, only Tharme, which means one has to play (unless you trust Mullarkey at cb - I don’t trust him on the pitch)

No excuses for the rest of the team either but those two playing like this will see us down - really copulated off at what I saw.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 168
MuddyWaters
February 11, 2024, 9:12am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ginnywings

Nope.

I'm done with them. It's embarrassing watching players who can even control a football. I could do it as an amateur, but it seems beyond our players.

I have no problem with losing to a better side, but we just gave them the points, gift wrapped with a big ribbon on top.

Found ourselves apologising to some Stockport fans tonight for not giving them a better game FFS.

A few near me were moaning about Stockport singing you’re fu cking excrement. Well we were, and for the most part, have been for a very long time.
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 168
toontown
February 11, 2024, 9:15am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,274
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I’m sorry you feel that way, a lot of supporters enjoy going to the fans zone so your work is appreciated regardless of the current situation.

Yeah don't let that beyond shite performance by players and manager that will all be moving on elsewhere  (hopefully the sooner the better) detract from doing something for fellow mariners fans. It's appreciated. We are the continuity of a club, not the players/managers that come and go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 168
Brummie Codfather
February 11, 2024, 9:19am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from toontown

Yeah don't let that beyond shite performance by players and manager that will all be moving on elsewhere  (hopefully the sooner the better) detract from doing something for fellow mariners fans. It's appreciated. We are the continuity of a club, not the players/managers that come and go.

Beyond Shite might be a good tag line for our end of season DVD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 168
Pontoon bill
February 11, 2024, 9:32am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Approval: +53
Gold Stars: 9
Just seen Brentford goal on match of the day,and this proves why you should not play out from the back! Stockport don't do it much and they are top of the league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 168
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.