Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just back

This thread currently has 12,421 views. Print
17 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
RonMariner
February 11, 2024, 9:52am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,818
Gold Stars: 226
Every team that bothers to do their homework on us will immediately see the weakness at the heart of our defence and target it. I imagine the Cowleys are already planning to do just that.

It must be addressed asap. Perhaps play a holding midfield player very very deep to help cover the CB’s. Alternatively actually play a midfielder in one of the CB slots. Can’t surely be any worse defensively and might at least be able to pass the ball occasionally.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 168
HertsGTFC
February 11, 2024, 9:55am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,993
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from RonMariner
Every team that bothers to do their homework on us will immediately see the weakness at the heart of our defence and target it. I imagine the Cowleys are already planning to do just that.

It must be addressed asap. Perhaps play a holding midfield player very very deep to help cover the CB’s. Alternatively actually play a midfielder in one of the CB slots. Can’t surely be any worse defensively and might at least be able to pass the ball occasionally.

Challoner’s post match is on here somewhere, the Cowley’s can just watch it & save a bit of time thinking about how they can also embarrass us on Tuesday night.

Then again I’m not sure they could embarrass us more than what we’re already doing to ourselves.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 168
headingly_mariner
February 11, 2024, 10:13am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from mariner91

Had some absolute bore sat near me today and could hear him loudly proclaiming how hoofing it forward is always the best way to play. Genuinely heard him say that John Beck's Cambridge team would beat Man City 6-0 and Pep wouldn't know what hit him. I think we should be  more direct and not so stubbornly playing it out from the back but fook me, if anyone actually believes that then they're watching the wrong sport.

It's anti football. If we could get it right it will be amazing. You have to work towards it though. One of the big reasons we get caught so much and can't play it is the front 3 have no threat in behind, all decent players but no pace. It allows any team we are playing against to squeeze right up, we can't beat the press and the pinch the ball off us 25 yards from our goal.
Had we had Vernam, Pyke or Wilson on yesterday they would've had to defend deeper, there would've always been a option to put the ball in behind which would give us more space to play in. The current idea is suicide against any team that can press.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 168
February 11, 2024, 10:46am
Guest User
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
How about the players ignore the bolloc.ks instructions from our Pep and play to their strengths?

That is the most ridiculous statement I have ever read on this forum, might as well say let's not have a manager and let the players pick the side, pick the tactics, make the subs etc.etc.

Reply: 113 - 168
Croxton
February 11, 2024, 10:48am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from headingly_mariner

It's anti football. If we could get it right it will be amazing. You have to work towards it though. One of the big reasons we get caught so much and can't play it is the front 3 have no threat in behind, all decent players but no pace. It allows any team we are playing against to squeeze right up, we can't beat the press and the pinch the ball off us 25 yards from our goal.
Had we had Vernam, Pyke or Wilson on yesterday they would've had to defend deeper, there would've always been a option to put the ball in behind which would give us more space to play in. The current idea is suicide against any team that can press.

You're right. Bullying a 20 year old keeper to pass out every time is not 'evolution'. Other sides, including Stockport, mix it up and adapt. Challinor knew Thompson was the key to our transition and Sarcevic was tasked with roughing him up especially after the yellow card. Thompson was certainly distracted by this and was talking to the ref more than his fellow midfielders. Clifton and Holohan offered little support and our CB'S can't play out to any degree.
Vernam needs to start at Colchester and our transition needs to be a higher tempo, on the deck and using the experience our our new full backs.
Gnahoua looks after the ball in the final third better than Abo and should also start.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 168
February 11, 2024, 10:52am
Guest User
Quoted from MaccasBoots
I'm not sure how it's Artell's fault if the goalkeeper passes it straight to one of their players.

Or how it's his fault if our defenders completely capitulate.

He's been hired by our owners (who gave us the unbelievable play off and fa cup seasons over the last two years - something the tik tok addicts on here seem to have forgotten about very quickly), because he plays a certain style of football. He's not going to suddenly go against all his principles and play hoofball because you're whinging on a forum.

Back the manager. Back the players. Back the club. We all need to put a shift in if we want a good end to the season. Fans leaving the game at thirty minutes certainly aren't doing their part.

Finally, a sensible post!

Reply: 115 - 168
golfer
February 11, 2024, 10:56am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
If we carry on at this rate we will be the only team to have ever conceded 100 goals at home in a season. At least we will be in the record books and in every pub quiz
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 168
February 11, 2024, 10:58am
Guest User
Quoted from Quagmire

The fans have backed the club with back-to-back record season ticket sales

We’ve been badly let down by two multi millionaire owners who seem more concerned with B-Corp status and Scotch eggs

Genuine question - what is the actual point of either of them being involved if this is the best they can offer?

Why post garbage like this?  How is B Corps effecting the team, or scotch eggs.  Really, I just don't get what this has anything to do with our current position.

Reply: 117 - 168
February 11, 2024, 11:00am
Guest User
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Expected it to be difficult today but that was a first half surrender.

Thompson looked ok last week, he had his bottom handed to him first half today and the defending was pitiful.

Artell has made us worse and at real risk of relegation. He's frozen out Wilson and Pyke who can score goals. He comes across as a bit of a male masturbator in his interviews. He needs to sort it out.

Was he actually playing?  I honestly can't even remember his name being mentioned throughout the whole of the game!

Reply: 118 - 168
HertsGTFC
February 11, 2024, 11:20am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,993
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from 123614

Feck off then, you obviously are not a true supporter of GTFC!

Why do you have to be so aggressive?

I don’t always agree with Ginny I respect his well thought out opinions, but to say he’s not a true supporter is very disrespectful.

Worth noting he actually attends games.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 168
17 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.