Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just back

This thread currently has 12,164 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
DB
February 10, 2024, 6:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,025
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Quagmire

The fans have backed the club with back-to-back season ticket sales

We’ve been badly let down by two multi millionaire owners who seem more concerned with B-Corp status and Scotch eggs

Genuine question - what is the actual point of either of them being involved if this is the best they can offer?

Maybe it's the fact that they have given us more in 2 completed seasons than the previous owner did in nearly 20 years. Today's performance, and the last few home games, have been dire. Rome wasn't built in a day and I'm sure JS & AP are quick learners. 3 from bottom is as good as 8th from top and a new season to look forward to.

Artels tactics are good if we had the players to do it, so survival it is.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 168
Plankton

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,215
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Quagmire

We’ve been badly let down by two multi millionaire owners who seem more concerned with B-Corp status and Scotch eggs

Genuine question - what is the actual point of either of them being involved if this is the best they can offer?

I'd like to know this too. I know it's tongue in cheek about the whole B-Corp and scotch eggs stuff, but what is the long term plan for the for the club? We went up, had an average-ish league performance and an incredible cup run, but where's it all gone? We've sold so many season tickets, more shirts than we probably have in the previous 5 seasons in 1, more merchandise than any other season and fan buy-in that cannot be measured that feeds all into this.

Where are we going?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 168
headingly_mariner

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,379
Gold Stars: 119
Oh and the mindless booing of short pass and the shouts to launch it are a pure embarrassment. They players are struggling, that sort of nonsense just makes it worse.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 168
SouthLakesMariner
February 10, 2024, 6:07pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +939
Gold Stars: 21
Paul Hurst was often criticised for paying too much attention to the opposition and setting us up accordingly. I’m no expert on Stockport County, but if their commentary team are to be believed, they are the best pressing team in the division.

It feels to me like we’re currently not paying enough attention to the opposition. Playing out from the back feels like it’s the right thing to aspire to overtime and with a confident, competent team will probably take us further in the long run. It will almost certainly be better to watch. But right now we’re clearly not getting the right balance of when to do it and when not to, both in-game and in preparation for the opposition in front of us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 168
Plankton
February 10, 2024, 6:08pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,215
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from DB
3 from bottom is as good as 8th from top and a new season to look forward to.

I suspect that was our previous owners ethos and not one we should want to emulate. 3rd from bottom is effectively 2-3 wins from relegation.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 168
LocalLadGTFC
February 10, 2024, 6:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,228
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Expected it to be difficult today but that was a first half surrender.

Thompson looked ok last week, he had his bottom handed to him first half today and the defending was pitiful.

Artell has made us worse and at real risk of relegation. He's frozen out Wilson and Pyke who can score goals. He comes across as a bit of a male masturbator in his interviews. He needs to sort it out.

Thompson wasn't that bad, the two in front of him were terrible however.. and how on earth has he frozen out Pyke? The blokes been injured but started every single game before hand and Wilson doesn't want to be here. The problem isn't going forward, it's at the back.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 35 - 168
MuddyWaters
February 10, 2024, 6:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,261
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from DB

Maybe it's the fact that they have given us more in 2 completed seasons than the previous owner did in nearly 20 years. Today's performance, and the last few home games, have been dire. Rome wasn't built in a day and I'm sure JS & AP are quick learners. 3 from bottom is as good as 8th from top and a new season to look forward to.

Artels tactics are good if we had the players to do it, so survival it is.

Yeah but we haven’t got the players to play it and the one who can has been frozen out. I’m surprised that you equate finishing 8th and 22nd because I can’t see as many renewing STs if we finish just above the drop.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 168
DB
February 10, 2024, 6:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,025
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Plankton

I suspect that was our previous owners ethos and not one we should want to emulate. 3rd from bottom is effectively 2-3 wins from relegation.

But at the end of the season, those two below you get relegated. I don't know what JS & AP had in mind for this season, given last years, but I don't think a relegation fight was part of it.

We are where we are and a relegation fight it is. 16 games to go so anywhere from 3rd from bottom upwards.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 168
louth_in_the_south

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,694
Gold Stars: 96
Artell is the denominator here . He’s made his bed . We will play out from the back . Cartwright follows the instructions. It goes wrong. DA blames the players.

Who’s wrong? I know . We all know.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 168
MaccasBoots
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Approval: +684
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Quagmire

Jesus Christ, whining about b corp and scotch eggs - I honestly doubt "fans" like yourself give a toss about the club, you just want a good whinge. urine off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 168
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.