Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just back

This thread currently has 12,169 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
LocalLadGTFC
February 10, 2024, 5:32pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,229
Gold Stars: 137
One thing that really stuck out to me is one of the commentators, who I thought were very good btw said that you have to get the fans on board as well as sticking with a style of play. He said of all the years he's been following Stockport he always knew Grimsby as a blood and thunder team and that the fans got behind it and he saw none of it in that team. Couldn't of been more true, we've been starved of a very good team for nearly 20 years. All most of us want to see is a team that'll try and fight for the badge. It's why most of us love Danny Rose, it's why we loved John Mcatee and it's why we loved Craig Disley. That should be a bare minimum of a professional footballer that you at least put effort in and work your socks off.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 168
February 10, 2024, 5:32pm
Guest User
It’s a fúcking mess.
Reply: 11 - 168
pontoonlew
February 10, 2024, 5:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,042
Gold Stars: 177
Remaining relatively calm for now, the second half could’ve changed that but we limited the damage and Vernam was good when he came on.

It just feels like we constantly give the opposition golden opportunities yet don’t concede many ‘half chances’, it’s so bizarre to watch. Cartwright essentially killed the game in an instant with an absolutely woeful pass. The decision to play out from the back is much debated but that had nothing to do with that, it was just purely brainless football. The second goal is just naive and the third is just rank bad defending.

Second half we looked much better, Vernam changed things in our favour but some wise subs from them to go to a back 5 just killed off all momentum we had.

If you look at the facts, we’ve lost to the future champions who are sweeping aside most before them. We’re essentially 8 points clear of relegation with a game in hand against two sides who can’t pick up points to save their lives at the minute. Will we go down? I don’t think so, but I understand why people are nervous.

Artell does have a responsibility to shore things up though, it’s not as if we’re reaping the benefits from the attacking side of our play to justify the negatives it presents at the back. I think Artell will turn us into a decent side eventually, but it sure will be nerve wracking if the next few weeks don’t go to plan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 168
Abdul19
February 10, 2024, 5:34pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,566
Gold Stars: 216
Worrying lack of nous to stop that free kick for the 2nd being taken. Not surprising given the general shambles of that first half.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 168
Plankton
February 10, 2024, 5:36pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,215
Gold Stars: 38
This style of football is not and never going to work with this side. The budget available and what we could recruit was not set up for this and I now feel a bit sorry for Hurst. I didn't and still do not think he was the man to kick us on but there's something seriously wrong wrong with our recruitment if this is what we can bring in.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. My disappointment is immeasurable at not kicking on from the promotion with a rejuvenation of the ground/ new ground, new facilities, new opportunities for the fans and building towards League 1, just as Lincoln did.

We've just played a team that's top of league 2 that cannot sell out our away end which is simply astonishing. A Grimsby side top of this league would sell out an away end from here to Carlisle, Plymouth and back again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 168
MuddyWaters
February 10, 2024, 5:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,264
Gold Stars: 236
I really don’t where to start other than to say it’s getting worse not better. I’m not privy to the chairman’s thoughts but, admirable as the desire to play nice football is, you can’t do it without spending money on players who can play it.

The two full backs were decent as was Chas when he came on but the rest of them were just not good enough. Really worrying.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 168
dapperz fun pub
February 10, 2024, 5:40pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,963
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
How about the players ignore the bolloc.ks instructions from our Pep and play to their strengths?

They did at one point and ended up arguing with each other
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 168
out of town
February 10, 2024, 5:41pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +717
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

They did at one point and ended up arguing with each other

What happened?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 168
Zmariner
February 10, 2024, 5:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,130
Gold Stars: 44
Abysmal, as they say, keep doing the same things you get the same results. Mr Artell needs to realise this or he will end up under huge pressure result was as I expected today but the performance was shocking. Also, why did we not recruit a goalkeeper crying out for an experienced keeper. Poor results this week and I think the crowd will be very aggressive on Saturday. The home form is a disgrace, and in truth, it is a bloody chore to go at the moment. Utm
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 168
MaccasBoots
February 10, 2024, 5:48pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Approval: +685
Gold Stars: 23
I'm not sure how it's Artell's fault if the goalkeeper passes it straight to one of their players.

Or how it's his fault if our defenders completely capitulate.

He's been hired by our owners (who gave us the unbelievable play off and fa cup seasons over the last two years - something the tik tok addicts on here seem to have forgotten about very quickly), because he plays a certain style of football. He's not going to suddenly go against all his principles and play hoofball because you're whinging on a forum.

Back the manager. Back the players. Back the club. We all need to put a shift in if we want a good end to the season. Fans leaving the game at thirty minutes certainly aren't doing their part.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 168
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.