17 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
davmariner
February 10, 2024, 5:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 79
Another shitshow from a manager well out of his depth. Was the wrong appointment and he’s taking us down. Could have been easily 6/7 had Stockport not resorted to game management.

We have two crucial games in the next week. We can’t afford to limp on with Artell for those.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Bawmariner
February 10, 2024, 5:11pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +331
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from davmariner
Another shitshow from a manager well out of his depth. Was the wrong appointment and he’s taking us down. Could have been easily 6/7 had Stockport not resorted to game management.

We have two crucial games in the next week. We can’t afford to limp on with Artell for those.

Our season isn't going to be defined by losing 3-1 to the likely champions of the league. Defending was poor again but Stockport are a very good team. Going forward we had flashes of good play but as whole clearly not on Stockport's level. We are definitely starting to get into must win territory now and have to pick up a result on Tuesday.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 168
Hagrid
February 10, 2024, 5:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,431
Gold Stars: 535
Thinking its the wrong man at the wrong time. He is stubborn as intercourse and we have a defence who cant defend yet he insists on this playing from the back. Maher and Dodgers were horrific today.

Has artell improved us? No. Not at all

I didnt expect a win today, but i dont expect the same mistakes week in week out when we are still in need of points.

Credit Vernam for a good 2nd half
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 168
RonMariner
February 10, 2024, 5:20pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,721
Gold Stars: 226
All you can say is that the result looks far better than we were expecting at half past three when another cricket score looked on that cards. So at least our goal difference wasn't hammered as badly as it might have been.

I guess we had the toughest fixture of the bottom five, so the fact that only Doncaster gained ground is one crumb of comfort.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 168
MarinerRob
February 10, 2024, 5:22pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 107
Cartwright kicking the ball straight to a Stockport player for the first goal and with Town being asleep when Stockport took their free kick which led to their second goal did not help. Giving two 'soft' goals to the potential champions was not a good plan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 168
Madeleymariner
February 10, 2024, 5:23pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,059
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from Hagrid
Thinking its the wrong man at the wrong time. He is stubborn as intercourse and we have a defence who cant defend yet he insists on this playing from the back. Maher and Dodgers were horrific today.

Has artell improved us? No. Not at all

I didnt expect a win today, but i dont expect the same mistakes week in week out when we are still in need of points.

Credit Vernam for a good 2nd half

Lucky Stockport sat back a bit 2nd half and just tried to get us on the break. 1st half all it took was a bit of a press and we fall to pieces again. Our keeper, defence and midfield are not clever enough to play Artells style.  Vernam needs to start next game, as has been best attacker on the pitch last 2 games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 168
louth_in_the_south
February 10, 2024, 5:26pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,693
Gold Stars: 96
How about the players ignore the bolloc.ks instructions from our Pep and play to their strengths?

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 168
rancido

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,572
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from MarinerRob
Cartwright kicking the ball straight to a Stockport player for the first goal and with Town being asleep when Stockport took their free kick which led to their second goal did not help. Giving two 'soft' goals to the potential champions was not a good plan.

I don't think it was the plan. We have been gifting the opposition soft goals all season , both under PH and DA. Some of them decision making by players this season has been beyond belief.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 168
LocalLadGTFC
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,228
Gold Stars: 137
I thought Artell had improved us, and I was one that thought we should persist with how we were playing. I'm now turning because what we're being served at home is nothing less of shambolic. He said he wants to turn BP into a fortress, well that fortress is made out of flipping cardboard because we're weak as urine at the back and the mentality of some of these players is just astonishing. Harvey Rodgers passed more balls to them and into the stands today than he did to a black and white shirt. I gave him credit last week for a good performance to go and follow it up with that, it's like he's afraid of the ball. Vernam and Rose should be the first names on the team sheet and I feel we need to change the way we set up. As much as I can't tolerate Kieran Green, at least he flipping runs. Holohan showed why Artell had him out the side, him and Clifton got battered worse than the fish at Papas today and that's saying something. Setup shop with Green and Thompson sat infront of the back four and let Arthur, Abo, Charles and Danny attack. Abo Eisa has scored 9 goals this season and I still don't think he's actually that good...
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 168
LH
February 10, 2024, 5:30pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,529
Gold Stars: 173
Starting to think that the Crewe side he brought to BP a few years back might just have been playing a excrement Jolley? Town side. Worryingly though this is the brand of football the owners want us to be playing 😳.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 168
17 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.