HertsGTFC
February 11, 2024, 11:45am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,941
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from 123614

I'm disabled and live in Barton, I cannot attend BP or any other stadium because of the disabilities I have.  I watch every match on Mariners TV and donate money to the club as and when I can afford it.  Does that satisfy your question?

It does, thank you. My wife is disabled & would love to come to games with me but it’s just not possible.

The reason I asked was that what you are hearing on the board is becoming representative on how many supporters who go week in & week out are feeling.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 168
It Bites
February 11, 2024, 11:46am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,196
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Hagrid

Ginny helped build the fanzone, and has gone for years and years

Im rapidly falling out of love with football in general, it doesnt give me a release from other avenues as it once did. Im in the position- like Ginny- of not renewing my ST next season should we go down. I’ve had a season ticket since i was 8 years old. I’m 28 now, doesnt mean I wont still be a fan.

I go to the football in the main to be happy, to feel part of something, to detach from a life where in the main im very troubled and very lonely. Im at the point now where I go to the game and come away feeling worse.

You shouldnt be so aggressive to people Bear, everyone has their own reasons

Love your post . Life is bloody hard at the moment for working class people with a family . Football at Blundell park  hasn’t made me happy for years . It’s depressing in its self , it’s soul destroying trying to get behind something that doesn’t move forward . I’m old fashioned and I don’t count non league success as anything other than a given ( that play off campaign was brilliant) but it wasn’t at BP . BP for the most part is a depressing dump . Bit like me I guess
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 168
February 11, 2024, 11:47am
Guest User
Quoted from HertsGTFC

It does, thank you. My wife is disabled & would love to come to games with me but it’s just not possible.

The reason I asked was that what you are hearing on the board is becoming representative on how many supporters who go week in & week out are feeling.

And I am seeing all the games they see, also all the away games that some of them maybe don't see.  

I'm sorry to hear of your wife's disability, life sucks sometimes.
Reply: 132 - 168
StacyColdicotts_hairline
February 11, 2024, 11:53am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Approval: +203
Gold Stars: 1
must be terrible for the fans that started watching Grimsby only in the last 20 years. Its been abject failure after abject failure.

Take Hagrid for example, cant even remember when we were a Division 1 team but probably remembers post double relegation years, Slade, nick Laws, Buckley Reborn and the 8 straight defeats.......

Depressing stuff

when will things finally settle at this club ???
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 168
mariner91
February 11, 2024, 1:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,652
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from headingly_mariner

It's anti football. If we could get it right it will be amazing. You have to work towards it though. One of the big reasons we get caught so much and can't play it is the front 3 have no threat in behind, all decent players but no pace. It allows any team we are playing against to squeeze right up, we can't beat the press and the pinch the ball off us 25 yards from our goal.
Had we had Vernam, Pyke or Wilson on yesterday they would've had to defend deeper, there would've always been a option to put the ball in behind which would give us more space to play in. The current idea is suicide against any team that can press.

Absolutely spot on. That and the fact only Rose can head it out of our attacking players means that it’s very difficult to go long so in effect we’re stuck.

Someone else mentioned it but Rodgers and Maher slowly passing the ball back across to each other with neither of them having the böllocks to run forward into any space created or to attempt a pass forward when space is created means we just do nothing. Like you say, it’s suicidal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 168
DB
February 11, 2024, 2:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from 123614

I'm disabled and live in Barton, I cannot attend BP or any other stadium because of the disabilities I have.  I watch every match on Mariners TV and donate money to the club as and when I can afford it.  Does that satisfy your question?

I'm disabled and do make the effort to attend BP when the conditions are right for my health. I was probably 1 of the few people at the London Stadium, for the promotion game, who was cold throughout and exhausted from walking from the tube station to the stadium.

BP has an area for the disabled and I'm sure that if you took the time, planned in advance and spoke to the office at BP arrangements could be made to accommodate you.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 168
Mappers
February 11, 2024, 2:44pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,324
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I am pretty reserved in my judgement normally but I'm well p*ssed off with the lot of them manager, players and board so what the more vocal's thoughts are , are more than that I imagine .

Think I will take a break from Town & the fishy for a bit tbh - It's not a healthy hobby sometimes .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 168
ginnywings
February 11, 2024, 2:44pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,141
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from 123614

Lol, you're joking right?  It's not me that said I'm "fooking the team off", I'm not, because I am a true supporter who has supported this team for 73 years.  I'm not happy that we are losing games so often, but frustrated, no.  I live in hope that we can still move up the table a little more to make ourselves safe in League Two.

As to "blindly lashing out at people", anyone who gives up the ghost and says they hope we get relegated, is not a true supporter to me, and I will let him know, as I have already done.

Oh and btw, are you the forum police?  Who do you think you are to suggest I should stay off this forum for a while!  And another thing, you cannot determine a mans frame of mind just by reading text on a Forum page.

Nothing more needs to be said.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 168
HertsGTFC
February 11, 2024, 2:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,941
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from DB

I'm disabled and do make the effort to attend BP when the conditions are right for my health. I was probably 1 of the few people at the London Stadium, for the promotion game, who was cold throughout and exhausted from walking from the tube station to the stadium.

BP has an area for the disabled and I'm sure that if you took the time, planned in advance and spoke to the office at BP arrangements could be made to accommodate you.

I still believe you are far too nice to frequent this message board DB. 🙂

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 168
Lincoln Mariner 56
February 11, 2024, 2:51pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,695
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from 123614

And I am seeing all the games they see, also all the away games that some of them maybe don't see.  

I'm sorry to hear of your wife's disability, life sucks sometimes.

But you don’t, being at a game live is totally different to watching it on tv. It’s much more emotional and personal when your sat there watching us continually underperform and demonstrate a total lack of quality. At the game it’s much easier to see options players have to pass the ball or move into a position to receive it. Mariners tv doesn’t facilitate any of this.

Plus the additional pain of sitting in an old run down stadium and that dreaded walk back to your car and drive home after yet another defeat. Ultimately it all eats away at you and your enthusiasm for actually attending diminishes bit by bit week by week. I’ve been going for 60 plus years and will go to the Donny game but lose that and that’s me done for this season and there will be no renewal of my season ticket whichever league we are in.

Your probably the most despised poster on here with your continuous bleating for facts and proof and being critical of anyone who dare say anything negative about the club overlooking the fact this is a forum for opinions, banter, humour and the appropriate level of bullshite. Anyway add me to your list of posters who can feck off and I’ll give you no further thought.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 168
17 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.