Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › To All Who Think Paul Hurst Should Go
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

To All Who Think Paul Hurst Should Go

This thread currently has 25,919 views. Print
32 Pages Prev ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 Next All Recommend Thread
Zmariner
October 1, 2023, 10:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from Heswall Mariner
I am with PH & the Board - slowly slowly catchee monkey - which I believe they will eventually. Patience is a virtue methinks.
I think we are on the brink of a very good team at this level.

Agreed, fine margins. Too much drama at the moment for me. The league is full of money and not easy. My gamble is that we will be top 10 by the end of October and results will turn. PH is competent at this level and we will be Ok
utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 290 - 312
AncientExiledMariner
October 2, 2023, 3:48am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.52
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +516
Gold Stars: 59
These comments about Hurst blowing a million. How did we get that million again? How many people objectively think our squad is weaker this year? We haven't wasted squat. The team aren't quite gelling yet, but they will get there.

Then we have the comments about blowing leads. How did we get get those leads? Hurst gets trashed for blowing the lead but no support for gaining it. Would people rather 0 - 0?

Obviously there is room to improve and we need to keep hold of those leads, but if anyone can get a team to improve their defending, it's Hurst.

No one expected town to get promoted from the conference, so last year was free. We got a respectable mid table finish in that free season against the odds. Survival would have been fine. Now we're entitled to doing better than 2 seasons we over-performed?

The logic is always, go up, get safe, consolidate, and then build on from that. I think if Hurst fast tracked on on the get safe, he deserves another shot at the build on from it. He's shown he knows how to get teams promoted, and he's also demonstrated he can keep a team in League 1. I don't think I'd prefer anyone else at the helm who I'd be confident would keep building year on year.

I'll keep reiterating this point. Luton took 4 years to get out of League 2. Do we expect to do it faster than Luton town?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 291 - 312
louth_in_the_south
October 2, 2023, 9:20am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,682
Gold Stars: 96
We got this supposed 1m budget ( which I suspect is wildly exaggerated) by PH getting us to the 1/4 finals last season. I think he deserves a bit longer than the beginning of October to get things going.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 292 - 312
Madeleymariner
October 3, 2023, 2:07pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,052
Gold Stars: 49
Hurst has a record of getting Grimsby promoted through the playoffs from non league. I am not a Hurst out person but dont blow to much smoke up his proverbial. Why do we keep comparing ourselves to other teams-Luton took 4 yrs, Brizzle went straight up again, it has no corrolation to us, we are not those 2 teams.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 293 - 312
diehardmariner
October 3, 2023, 2:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,614
Gold Stars: 538
Didn't someone work out that the FA Cup run worked out as about a £1million windfall.   Then Stockwood said Hurst would get a boost for his budget on the back of it.  Then we signed a couple of players for undisclosed fees (Conteh, Mullarkey, Vernam).

2+2 = £1million wasted.
Private Message
Reply: 294 - 312
diehardmariner
October 3, 2023, 2:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,614
Gold Stars: 538

The Teal lady? Do we employ ladies based on their shade of green? Is it only shades of green? Have we uncovered a colour bias in recruiting essential non playing staff?

(is teal a shade of green or blue?)

To be honest I can never tell those Teal lot apart.  They all look the same.  

If I look at the colour of their tea cosy and the technique they use for pouring I can usually just about get by though.
Private Message
Reply: 295 - 312
GrimPol
October 3, 2023, 5:21pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -667
Gold Stars: 69

I'll keep reiterating this point. Luton took 4 years to get out of League 2. Do we expect to do it faster than Luton town?

Oh-Oh-Oh, what's Luton got to do, got to do with it?
Why Luton, just because they got promotion?
What's Luton got to do, got to do with it?
What is the point of that, when our team is broken?

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 296 - 312
Roast Em Bobby
October 3, 2023, 7:42pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,721
Gold Stars: 44
Luckily we have sensible owners in charge and PH is not even close to being sacked.

Just the usual over-entitled bedwetters on here having a meltdown.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 297 - 312
arryarryarry
October 3, 2023, 8:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,045
Gold Stars: 116
These comments about Hurst blowing a million. How did we get that million again? How many people objectively think our squad is weaker this year? We haven't wasted squat. The team aren't quite gelling yet, but they will get there.

Then we have the comments about blowing leads. How did we get get those leads? Hurst gets trashed for blowing the lead but no support for gaining it. Would people rather 0 - 0?

Obviously there is room to improve and we need to keep hold of those leads, but if anyone can get a team to improve their defending, it's Hurst.

No one expected town to get promoted from the conference, so last year was free. We got a respectable mid table finish in that free season against the odds. Survival would have been fine. Now we're entitled to doing better than 2 seasons we over-performed?

The logic is always, go up, get safe, consolidate, and then build on from that. I think if Hurst fast tracked on on the get safe, he deserves another shot at the build on from it. He's shown he knows how to get teams promoted, and he's also demonstrated he can keep a team in League 1. I don't think I'd prefer anyone else at the helm who I'd be confident would keep building year on year.

How did we get that million?

FA Cup games, bigger crowds, replays, prize money, FA Cup quarter final.

Have you been in a coma these past 12 months?
Private Message
Reply: 298 - 312
AncientExiledMariner
October 3, 2023, 9:57pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.52
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +516
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from arryarryarry

How did we get that million?

FA Cup games, bigger crowds, replays, prize money, FA Cup quarter final.

Have you been in a coma these past 12 months?

Who was the boss of that FA Cup run? I thought I didn't have to spell out that question...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 299 - 312
32 Pages Prev ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › To All Who Think Paul Hurst Should Go

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.