Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The deal
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 313 Guests

The deal

This thread currently has 44,002 views. Print
26 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
malkamalka
April 2, 2021, 7:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +148
Gold Stars: 17
I briefly posed the question on supporter involvement in the form of special shareholding’s.

He answered saying it’s not necessary at this time.

He sounds like a guy who engages with fans and that’s really all we can ask for.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 254
forza ivano
April 3, 2021, 12:46am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,170
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from malkamalka
I briefly posed the question on supporter involvement in the form of special shareholding’s.

He answered saying it’s not necessary at this time.

He sounds like a guy who engages with fans and that’s really all we can ask for.

i saw your tweet, plus his response, and my immediate thought was that he's got things under control.
i hold on to the hope (despite my despair over events) that stockwood and pettit , being far richer, cleverer (is that a word?) and with a team far,far more able than fenty could even dream of, will pull the iron out of the fire
despite my gloom , when my head regains control over my heart, i cannot believe that they will be 'done over' by Fenty's plotting. Few things i cling on to
a) the pair are far richer than jsf could  ever imagine and will have access to a premiership team of lawyers, accountants, media people etc.
b) they will have dealt with people of Fenty's level/morals/ability and will have eaten them for breakfast and spat them out
c) more prosaically Hurst has nailed his colours to the mast. he is a consortium man, and i can't see him staying on if JSF continues to have any influence
d) Stockwood is a fan and he cannot failed to have registered that if he were to allow Fenty to stay on, they would, in a nano second, lose the mountain of goodwill with fans that they'd built up
e) there are no doubt a number of clever, legal solutions to satisfy Fenty's concerns, whilst dispensing with his involvement in the club

finally a very minor point, and it all depends on your opinion of Felipe Noche (who, i'd remind you only joined us 4 days after Fenty claimed he was giving up). He's obviously a Shiitestirrer, but interesting tonight he's changed his tune slightly  , and says that Fenty doesn't want to stay on. IF that's the case then maybe JSF has been affected by the hate that has cascaded upon his head?

certainly whatever happens there's a great book to be written about this torturous episode!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 254
Fillipe Noche
April 3, 2021, 7:06am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from forza ivano

finally a very minor point, and it all depends on your opinion of Felipe Noche (who, i'd remind you only joined us 4 days after Fenty claimed he was giving up). He's obviously a Shiitestirrer, but interesting tonight he's changed his tune slightly  , and says that Fenty doesn't want to stay on. IF that's the case then maybe JSF has been affected by the hate that has cascaded upon his head?

It’s extremely sad that people underestimate the damage that can occur to people’s health. Not least of all their mental health.

That’s all

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 254
dapperz fun pub
April 3, 2021, 7:23am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

It’s extremely sad that people underestimate the damage that can occur to people’s health. Not least of all their mental health.

That’s all

I agree my mental health has suffered under the reign of the principal funder, he’s ruined countless weekends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 254
lukeo
April 3, 2021, 7:52am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Hate me for this but I genuinely believe JF has tried his best and done what he thinks is right for GTFC.... Sadly, he's made many mistakes along the way and it's cost the club alot financially, emotionally and physically. I don't hate JF. Infact I do still have some form of respect for him to even 'lend' the money to the club to keep us afloat at that time. But, he doesn't help himself but at the same time a small minority of fans abusing him is disgraceful. I do hope this pulls through and we all get a fresh start whatever division we are in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 254
Fillipe Noche
April 3, 2021, 8:33am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from lukeo
Hate me for this but I genuinely believe JF has tried his best and done what he thinks is right for GTFC.... Sadly, he's made many mistakes along the way and it's cost the club alot financially, emotionally and physically. I don't hate JF. Infact I do still have some form of respect for him to even 'lend' the money to the club to keep us afloat at that time. But, he doesn't help himself but at the same time a small minority of fans abusing him is disgraceful. I do hope this pulls through and we all get a fresh start whatever division we are in.

That’s quite comforting.

On the financial side, and I’ve said it before, you cannot gauge the financial support just by the amounts written down in a balance sheet or P&L. The extent by which John has been a financial crutch to this club is incredible. Things he has paid for out of his own pocket. Things around the club, for the team, the community project, the Academy. It goes on and on. When people have been short of things, he’s made sure that they aren’t short through personal funding. When cash has been tight, John has put the money in on so many short term occasions, and taken it back when the cashflow has improved. You just do not see these things in the published accounts as they are things that just flow in and out of nominal accounts.

So those that moan about the loans and the shares just do not know the reality of the other things he’s done.

Then away from football, he has used his business expertise in steering the business away from perilous debt, and then kept it stable and sustainable. But because people are so blinded by league tables, all of that just gets swept under the carpets by his critics. It’s as though none of that matters to them.

He’s had difficult business management decisions to make too, and sometimes those decisions don’t make you popular, and he gets that. That’s part and parcel of being the boss in any business. Whether it’s a wage decision on a player, or a back room staff decision, or a call on whether to franchise off the catering. These are all business decisions that someone has to make, and sometimes they aren’t popular. But I guarantee you this, his list of accommodating and good business decisions, far outweighs any decisions that haven’t been popular.

He’s a good man. Passionate about his club. He’s but his heart and soul behind supporting our club in every way he could. And so it’s extremely sad to see the hate and threats that are directed at him. Very sad, and quite disturbing

The hate shown is just plain wrong and is so typically Grimsby. It’s the element of Grimsby that gives us such an undesirable name
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 254
KingstonMariner
April 3, 2021, 8:36am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from lukeo

Sorry mate but you think you are either very naive or ignorant of what has happened. The man got into bed with a known fraudster.

That’s before we get into the litany of everything else he’s said and done.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 254
Zmariner
April 3, 2021, 8:41am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from lukeo

I was thinking exactly the same, some Some people seem to have nothing better to do than stir up hatred.
Nobody deserves to be treated like this, Being the boss does not always win you a popularity contest
All of these pathetic  threats are a disgrace.  I hate where we  are at the moment but time for solidarity.
One way or another the football club will survive, most of us will continue to support and life goes on. Time for sanity to prevail. This is Football not War
Easter is a great time for new beginnings. regardless of some moans about not going next season, I have changed my mind. I am still going ,unconditionally ,regardless of ownership
Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 254
mariner91
April 3, 2021, 8:47am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,646
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from lukeo

It was definitely in the club's best interests, and definitely didn't benefit him at all, to threaten to sell Liam Hearn unless he got given £200K worth of shares for free. And Alex May was a reformed character of course. Christ, the idea that Fenty has ever acted in the best interest of anyone but himself should have sailed for good in December.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 254
mariner91
April 3, 2021, 8:49am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,646
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

He’s a good man.

Nope.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 254
26 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The deal

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.