Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The deal
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 201 Guests

The deal

This thread currently has 43,923 views. Print
26 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
RonMariner
April 3, 2021, 11:39am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,538
Gold Stars: 224
Don't feed the troll.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 254
Yoda
April 3, 2021, 11:40am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,121
Gold Stars: 71
Fenty has driven us to new lows, with this latest i don’t think we will ever recover.
A lost generation of fans and a demoralised fans base.
Our reputation to attract any players is in the gutter.

I can see us dropping again like a York or Stockport.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 254
rancido
April 3, 2021, 2:39pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,527
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from mariner91

It was definitely in the club's best interests, and definitely didn't benefit him at all, to threaten to sell Liam Hearn unless he got given £200K worth of shares for free. And Alex May was a reformed character of course. Christ, the idea that Fenty has ever acted in the best interest of anyone but himself should have sailed for good in December.

It was certainly a Damascene moment for me when I learnt of the Liam Hearn/Trust situation. Prior to that I thought that JSF had the clubs best interests at heart . That certainly changed when he allegedly "leaned " on The Trust as regards the Mike Parker shares ( I use the term " allegedly" for legal reasons ). That , to me , demonstrated that his only concern was for his own needs and not the welfare of the club. Like many others ,if he is still pulling the strings of GTFC next season then I don't think I will renew my ST .

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 254
nightrider
April 3, 2021, 3:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
If he did have the clubs best interests at heart, why can't he sell the club for a pound?
Christ the man is 60year old. Surely he'd get greater satisfaction from giving it away and improving the club considering the turmoil he's caused. He's literally given the club nothing.
The 2.5m is then invested in the club or such like. He gets part of the deal if they decide to sell in the future.

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 254
KingstonMariner
April 3, 2021, 3:35pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from lukeo
The whole May thing was a disgrace... I cannot deny that. The Hearn thing I must have missed, I never understood the whole cencept around the £200k shares, only what I've read on here

I’d hate to have been your teacher. Sounds like you were constantly gazing out of the window. 😂

Luke lad, can you now tell us what happened in the Great Share Blag of 2012?

Homework for this week is to write an essay on why the Great Share Blag and Maygate are not consistent with a man who was a great custodian. Extra marks for appropriate references to Ambulancegate, Shut that Door Nick, Macca’s Paycut, and My Car Cost More than Your House.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 254
DB
April 3, 2021, 3:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,971
Gold Stars: 386
I far as I understand it Fenty wants good ole Phil in the boardroom to look after his loan repayment. What I don't understand is that the Trusts appointed directors cannot tell anybody what is said due to protocol etc. So how would Phil be able to tell Fenty?

Surely the same protocols etc. would apply and Phil would have to keep his mouth shut like he's done for most of the last 12 weeks.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 254
HertsGTFC
April 3, 2021, 4:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from DB
I far as I understand it Fenty wants good ole Phil in the boardroom to look after his loan repayment. What I don't understand is that the Trusts appointed directors cannot tell anybody what is said due to protocol etc. So how would Phil be able to tell Fenty?

Surely the same protocols etc. would apply and Phil would have to keep his mouth shut like he's done for most of the last 12 weeks.

What exactly has led you to believe JF wants PD to remain in place?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 254
grimsby pete
April 3, 2021, 4:52pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Fenty has got to go or the takeover is not a takeover they are just board members like the rest.

Nobody can work with Fenty  unless they are bottom lickers and Jason and Andrew are defiantly not that.

Just go John take your benign loans with you and sit on a desert island somewhere far away.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 254
DB
April 3, 2021, 5:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,971
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from HertsGTFC

What exactly has led you to believe JF wants PD to remain in place?

I seem to recall someone posting words to that effect regarding a possible reason why Shutes backed out at the last minute.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 254
Fillipe Noche
April 3, 2021, 5:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from DB

I seem to recall someone posting words to that effect regarding a possible reason why Shutes backed out at the last minute.

All speculation and all completely rubbish

For goodness sake give it at rest you lot. You know not what you are talking about. It’s just an unattractive pit of hate, rumour, speculation, and a desire to hurt

Just give it a rest for goodness sake

Haven’t you got anything better to do than continually trying to batter a man
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 254
26 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The deal

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.