Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The deal
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 145 Guests

The deal

This thread currently has 43,881 views. Print
26 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
ska face
April 8, 2021, 8:44am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,513
Gold Stars: 831
Quoted from pen penfras

Why is this a lie? You have absolutely no knowledge or evidence to the contrary, so it is the truth. What else was £1M of new shares going to be spent on?

Funny how May spent 20 mins talking to Dave Burns on Humberside & didn’t mention training facilities once, but did mention the regeneration of the town, relocation of the club and introducing other investors for regeneration. He’s also had plans drawn up for sites at BP, Clee Fields, Peaks Parkway and Freeman St.

Fenty who has spent years saying how badly he wants out, taking hundreds of thousands of pounds out of the club, now suddenly wants to invest another £1m (?!) in training facilities. That’s the first anyone’s heard of it, sounds remarkably like you’ve just made it up. The first time May’s mysterious million for training facilities was mentioned was in Fenty’s self-pitying statement blaming the fans for his plans going up in smoke, and I think we all know the extent to which he can be trusted.
Private Message
Reply: 200 - 254
KingstonMariner
April 8, 2021, 8:54am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.09
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I think Philip Day said the money was going to be spent on training facilities. But then can you trust a solicitor who says fraud committed against companies is not so bad?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 201 - 254
aldi_01
April 8, 2021, 8:59am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from KingstonMariner
I think Philip Day said the money was going to be spent on training facilities. But then can you trust a solicitor who says fraud committed against companies is not so bad?

Or a solicitor that’s not made a single comment whilst being the chairman of the club that has come directly from him.

Are people still deluded enough to believe anything Fenty says? Is it blind loyalty? Standing by a chum or just genuine stupidity.

The May deal was a disaster waiting to happen anyone that thinks differently is deluded. Fenty released a self pity statement, woe is me, the fans are to blame (heard that before) and May is a changed man (still awaiting deportation), and then Day comes out and justifies the crimes because they were committed against organisations. Astounding...

No coincidence that the moment May was exposed he was out of it beyond quick. Hardly hung around to defend himself or prove anything other than was reported.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 202 - 254
Fillipe Noche
April 8, 2021, 9:10am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from jamesgtfc
This is getting silly now and Senor Noche should be banned.

I hope for the sake of the club, Fenty gets gone as soon as possible because I wouldn't want to be him when our fate is sealed mathematically and we are still no closer to him being gone.

You wish to ban someone that has a different opinion? That’s priceless. 😂😂

Is that what this forum is then? A place where you have to agree with each other or else you aren’t welcome.

The weakness with which many or most people respond to having their views and beliefs challenged, is extremely remarkable on this website. Worryingly I’d say, and verging on the extreme or cult

Have a great day everyone and prepare for incoming

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 203 - 254
jamesgtfc
April 8, 2021, 9:11am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,938
Gold Stars: 190
If Stockwood and Pettit are decent, upstanding people with morals then the snitch won't be a problem for them because it would appear that they too are a decent, upstanding person with morals.

Whoever that person is, we have a lot to thank them for, along with whoever positioned a photographer for the incriminating evidence. If that hadn't happened, I dread to think what could have happened.

Getting into bed with a criminal has absolutely ruined Fenty locally. Lets not forget the conflicting date of birth on Companies House records either for Mr Fenty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 204 - 254
aldi_01
April 8, 2021, 9:56am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

You wish to ban someone that has a different opinion? That’s priceless. 😂😂

Is that what this forum is then? A place where you have to agree with each other or else you aren’t welcome.

The weakness with which many or most people respond to having their views and beliefs challenged, is extremely remarkable on this website. Worryingly I’d say, and verging on the extreme or cult

Could you have a word with John then?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 205 - 254
bax
April 8, 2021, 10:02am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

I'd argue that the amount of time the club board and club officials spend time trawling this site and then worrying about the consequences of what is said about them, is far more worrying to be honest with you.

If some people spent more time running the club than defending people on here, we'd arguably not be in the mess we are in.

There's always someone else to blame and that's always been this board's problem.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 206 - 254
friskneymariner
April 8, 2021, 10:34am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from bax

I'd argue that the amount of time the club board and club officials spend time trawling this site and then worrying about the consequences of what is said about them, is far more worrying to be honest with you.

If some people spent more time running the club than defending people on here, we'd arguably not be in the mess we are in.

There's always someone else to blame and that's always been this board's problem.

I would agree there appears to an increase in pro-Fentiyists who are mounting a defence of him regardless.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 207 - 254
April 8, 2021, 10:42am
Guest User
Quoted from jamesgtfc
This is getting silly now and Senor Noche should be banned.

I hope for the sake of the club, Fenty gets gone as soon as possible because I wouldn't want to be him when our fate is sealed mathematically and we are still no closer to him being gone.

Unbelievable, you don't agree with someone so ban them. Christ there are worse things on here and some posters could've, should've been banned. Get a grip.
Reply: 208 - 254
ginnywings
April 8, 2021, 10:56am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,084
Gold Stars: 547
Quoted from pen penfras

I always find it silly when somebody posts something that makes a bit of sense, if a little patronising, but doesn't tow the fishy party line of "it's all Fenty's fault". I guess the easy answer is to ban anybody that has a different opinion, so you can all smash your keyboards to the same tune.

It's obvious why Shutes pulled out. He's in it to make money, he's not a fan so there's no other reason. To make money needs a new stadium funded by the state. That looks increasingly unlikely in a post covid world and would likely require more money from private investors/himself which will mean less return. There's £1.5M in loans that need repaying within 3 years. If the club don't make that much profit, then they have to underwrite the loans and cost him more money. Because we're a PLC, they have to offer to buy every share at the same price they pay for Fenty's shares, that means up to £1M of potential extra cost. Fenty and Alex May were investing £2M between them for new training facilities before that became a scandal.

Anybody can see that the risk/reward isn't attractive. As somebody with no emotional connection to the club, it doesn't make sense for Shutes to have been involved. Leaving it until the last minute seems like a male private move to urine off JF. Terms certainly didn't change on the day of completion, because contracts would have been drawn up over a period of weeks after all parties have agreed terms.

Is it?

We have heard nothing official from anyone involved, so either you are in the know, which you have denied several times, or you are taking a side without conclusive evidence, same as most on this board.

At the end of the day, all that matters is that JF is a busted flush with most fans and if he stays around, the fan base will shrink to a dangerous level for the future of the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 209 - 254
26 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The deal

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.