Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The deal
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 216 Guests

The deal

This thread currently has 43,996 views. Print
26 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Fillipe Noche
April 2, 2021, 4:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from carrot top
on twitter

Jason Stockwood
@jstockwood
I’ll tell you what would be a really ‘good’ Friday - a walk in the sun with the family, 3 points away at Salford and a bit of love and respect for each others differences and perspectives. #gtfc #utm #coulddowithawash
12:19 pm · 2 Apr 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Great to see this message from JS in support of JF

He’s absolutely correct, that supporters need to show respect for people’s differences. I think it’s hit a chord of dislike in what he is seeing, regarding the treatment and hate a board member is receiving and the capacity that GTFC fans have to dish out that sort of treatment. Probably imagines himself on the receiving end of this sort of abuse from fans at some stage in the future

Typical GTFC fans run the risk of scuppering a deal with the remaining two. It’s about time some Town fans learned to shut their mouths and cut out their bile.

Well said Jason Stockwood
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 254
Davec
April 2, 2021, 4:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

He’s absolutely correct, that supporters need to show respect for people’s differences. I think it’s hit a chord of dislike in what he is seeing, regarding the treatment and hate a board member is receiving and the capacity that GTFC fans have to dish out that sort of treatment. Probably imagines himself on the receiving end of this sort of abuse from fans at some stage in the future

Typical GTFC fans run the risk of scuppering a deal with the remaining two. It’s about time some Town fans learned to shut their mouths and cut out their bile.

Have a day off will you

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 254
Dan
April 2, 2021, 4:49pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
To be fair, what prospective buyer would look at the treatment of Fenty and not think that could be me?

Yes, Stockwood et al are successful businessmen, but the level of scrutiny involved in running the club is something else.

Also, Fenty deserves it all.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 254
April 2, 2021, 6:19pm
Guest User
I wouldn’t blame Stockwood and Pettit if they walked away too!!

Fenty is completely delusional if he thinks a non-league club should net him 2.5 million quid. I will have a wry smile if he ends up losing the lot!

Greed and ego have been at the forefront of every decision he has ever made!

Time to go John!
Reply: 33 - 254
kevikov
April 2, 2021, 6:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 13
Not only would I not blame them for walking away but atm I would actively encourage them to if JF staying on in any capacity at all was part of the deal. I don’t know if it is or not but that would be my first requirement before talking money.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 254
Abdul19
April 2, 2021, 6:23pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,555
Gold Stars: 216
If I sell my house, can I stay on living in the garage for a bit? Christ.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 254
Bigdog
April 2, 2021, 6:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

He’s absolutely correct, that supporters need to show respect for people’s differences.
I think it’s hit a chord of dislike in what he is seeing, regarding the treatment and hate a board member is receiving and the capacity that GTFC fans have to dish out that sort of treatment. Probably imagines himself on the receiving end of this sort of abuse from fans at some stage in the future

Ridiculous.. Was waiting for it to be the fans' fault for any deal not to go through. JS could easily be pointing the finger at JF for bad mouthing Shutes in his statement..

He's well aware that he himself is a different character to Fenty and will be treated that way. It's as if you've airbrushed the majority of the past seventeen years of patience that the fans afforded JF even with such a dismal playing record and such an antagonistic approach received from him at the same time. That's some twilight zone you're living in..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 254
buckstown
April 2, 2021, 6:55pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,179
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Dan
To be fair, what prospective buyer would look at the treatment of Fenty and not think that could be me?

Yes, Stockwood et al are successful businessmen, but the level of scrutiny involved in running the club is something else.

Also, Fenty deserves it all.

I think anyone who managed GTFC properly would be hailed as saviours. More likely they'd be thinking how bad must he be to be getting such abuse?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 254
Northbank Mariner
April 2, 2021, 6:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Stockwood was at the game today so I'm holding out hope it's still very much on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 254
Yoda
April 2, 2021, 7:04pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,161
Gold Stars: 71
I hope Fenty gets nothing i would be over the moon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 254
26 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The deal

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.