Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The deal
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 142 Guests

The deal

This thread currently has 43,985 views. Print
26 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
April 8, 2021, 2:51am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
There was a lot of merit in the Ancient Athenian form of democracy. Just to pick one at random, ostrakizein.

Why do all these pottery shards have the initials FN on them?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 190 - 254
pen penfras
April 8, 2021, 7:21am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from jamesgtfc
This is getting silly now and Senor Noche should be banned.

I hope for the sake of the club, Fenty gets gone as soon as possible because I wouldn't want to be him when our fate is sealed mathematically and we are still no closer to him being gone.

I always find it silly when somebody posts something that makes a bit of sense, if a little patronising, but doesn't tow the fishy party line of "it's all Fenty's fault". I guess the easy answer is to ban anybody that has a different opinion, so you can all smash your keyboards to the same tune.

It's obvious why Shutes pulled out. He's in it to make money, he's not a fan so there's no other reason. To make money needs a new stadium funded by the state. That looks increasingly unlikely in a post covid world and would likely require more money from private investors/himself which will mean less return. There's £1.5M in loans that need repaying within 3 years. If the club don't make that much profit, then they have to underwrite the loans and cost him more money. Because we're a PLC, they have to offer to buy every share at the same price they pay for Fenty's shares, that means up to £1M of potential extra cost. Fenty and Alex May were investing £2M between them for new training facilities before that became a scandal.

Anybody can see that the risk/reward isn't attractive. As somebody with no emotional connection to the club, it doesn't make sense for Shutes to have been involved. Leaving it until the last minute seems like a male private move to urine off JF. Terms certainly didn't change on the day of completion, because contracts would have been drawn up over a period of weeks after all parties have agreed terms.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 191 - 254
GollyGTFC
April 8, 2021, 7:32am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from pen penfras

I always find it silly when somebody posts something that makes a bit of sense, if a little patronising, but doesn't tow the fishy party line of "it's all Fenty's fault". I guess the easy answer is to ban anybody that has a different opinion, so you can all smash your keyboards to the same tune.

It's obvious why Shutes pulled out. He's in it to make money, he's not a fan so there's no other reason. To make money needs a new stadium funded by the state. That looks increasingly unlikely in a post covid world and would likely require more money from private investors/himself which will mean less return. There's £1.5M in loans that need repaying within 3 years. If the club don't make that much profit, then they have to underwrite the loans and cost him more money. Because we're a PLC, they have to offer to buy every share at the same price they pay for Fenty's shares, that means up to £1M of potential extra cost. Fenty and Alex May were investing £2M between them for new training facilities before that became a scandal.

Anybody can see that the risk/reward isn't attractive. As somebody with no emotional connection to the club, it doesn't make sense for Shutes to have been involved. Leaving it until the last minute seems like a male private move to urine off JF. Terms certainly didn't change on the day of completion, because contracts would have been drawn up over a period of weeks after all parties have agreed terms.

You understand Shutes is a highly successful business man? A lot more successful than Fenty who made £14m (peanuts in comparison) selling his fish company to 2 Sisters who bought any food business they could as part of their rapid expansion in the 2000s and 2010s.

Who exactly makes any money out of football? Nobody. The average Championship club loses £26m a season. The losses in the Premier League are even worse. And then take a look at the accounts of L1 & L2 clubs. Colchester just reported a £2.5m loss for example.

To even suggest that a successful businessman like Shutes would even think that he could make money from owning a football club is bizarre. To suggest that this revelation only came to him at the eleventh hour and made him walk away is a joke.

It will all come out in the wash eventually (if the reason hasn’t already been disclosed).
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 192 - 254
ska face
April 8, 2021, 7:33am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,640
Gold Stars: 840
Quoted from pen penfras
Fenty and Alex May were investing £2M between them for new training facilities before that became a scandal.

Still peddling that complete lie are we?
Private Message
Reply: 193 - 254
Humbercod
April 8, 2021, 7:34am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from jamesgtfc

FFS!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 194 - 254
supertown
April 8, 2021, 7:46am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,439
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I hope for the sake of the club, Fenty gets gone as soon as possible because I wouldn't want to be him when our fate is sealed mathematically and we are still no closer to him being gone.

You want to ban someone on a forum for having a different opinion to most . Really ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 195 - 254
Northbank Mariner
April 8, 2021, 8:19am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171

Without wishing to defend Mr Noche, what are ‘Head of Terms’?!

Agreement in principle...basically the deals particulars are agreed between both parties and then goes into the writing up and signing the legal documentation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 196 - 254
pen penfras
April 8, 2021, 8:22am

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from ska face

Still peddling that complete lie are we?

Why is this a lie? You have absolutely no knowledge or evidence to the contrary, so it is the truth. What else was £1M of new shares going to be spent on?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 197 - 254
Northbank Mariner
April 8, 2021, 8:25am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from pen penfras

Why is this a lie? You have absolutely no knowledge or evidence to the contrary, so it is the truth. What else was £1M of new shares going to be spent on?

And, let's say there was £1m worth of shares in the hands of a bent b@stard, you'd be happy with that?..I know 99.9% of us wouldn't be, that is for sure!!.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 198 - 254
pen penfras
April 8, 2021, 8:28am

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

And, let's say there was £1m worth of shares in the hands of a bent b@stard, you'd be happy with that?..I know 99.9% of us wouldn't be, that is for sure!!.

I've never said I'd be happy with that, and I think it was naive not to consider that this might be the way the fans felt about it. But the board discussed it and decided to accept the money on the basis that the bent b@stard wasn't a decision maker in the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 254
26 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The deal

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.