Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Jesus Christ
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 12 Guests

Jesus Christ

This thread currently has 17,458 views. Print
37 Pages Prev ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... Next All Recommend Thread
DB
May 19, 2021, 7:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.46
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,042
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Now that would be something! A Bible written in Yorkie.

Lerrim who is wi’yowt sin cast t’first storne

Foller me an I will make thee fishers of men. But not in a gair  wair. We don’t want any bloody poufs round ere!

Dad! Dad! Why hast tha left me!

Blessed are’t’careful for they shall ave brass in pocket

Eee! Look at Jesus walking on t’watter

Ee lad thas got it reet.

Na then sun about thee going t chuch t preeech, can tha do it and convert them heathen suthernerns t b Godlee. Or hasta got b helswhur?

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 250 - 364
KingstonMariner
May 19, 2021, 8:04pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Int’ beginnng was t’word
Ant word was Boycott

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 251 - 364
DB
May 20, 2021, 5:21am
Barley Wine Drinker
Int’ beginnng was t’word
Ant word was Boycott

Ba gum thas nearly reet
But tword was Jesus
Boycott twas a desiple uf cricket

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 252 - 364
FishOutOfWater
May 20, 2021, 1:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from DB

Ba gum thas nearly reet
But tword was Jesus
Boycott twas a desiple uf cricket crickit

Sorry but had to be amen-ded  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 253 - 364
DB
May 20, 2021, 5:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Sorry but had to be amen-ded  

Thank you, as you should already know spelling is not my subject.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 254 - 364
KingstonMariner
May 21, 2021, 11:26pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
This maybe should be on by the music thread, but it’s one dedicated to DB and Rick. RRFC would probably argue it’s not the best version, but it’s one from my early adulthood so I’m having it.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 255 - 364
DB
May 22, 2021, 4:45am
Barley Wine Drinker
Not keen on them or the song KM, but for your guidance:-

I'm sure Rick will also prefer this, along with any Johnny Cash fan.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 256 - 364
Rick12
May 22, 2021, 6:51am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
This maybe should be on by the music thread, but it’s one dedicated to DB and Rick. RRFC would probably argue it’s not the best version, but it’s one from my early adulthood so I’m having it.

Listened to the song Kingston and again whilst understanding your view on religion( needing hard facts ,as you know I use to be the same) I thought the song was ok but it didnt grab me.

Yes DB I liked that Johnny Cash song .Made me feel better 🙂

I posted it up before in another thread but Stromzys song grabbed me from the outset,especially the lyrics and everything about it even the video.Christians ,Muslims all having faith and uniting. The quote below by the best boxing heavyweight in the world ever sums up it for me:

We all have the same God, we just serve him differently. Rivers, lakes, ponds, streams, oceans all have different names, but they all contain water. So do religions have different names, and they all contain truth, expressed in different ways forms and times. It doesn't matter whether you're a Muslim, a Christian, or a Jew. When you believe in God, you should believe that all people are part of one family. If you love God, you can't love only some of his children.

Muhammad Ali

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 257 - 364
ginnywings
May 22, 2021, 9:56am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Rick12
Listened to the song Kingston and again whilst understanding your view on religion( needing hard facts ,as you know I use to be the same) I thought the song was ok but it didnt grab me.

Yes DB I liked that Johnny Cash song .Made me feel better 🙂

I posted it up before in another thread but Stromzys song grabbed me from the outset,especially the lyrics and everything about it even the video.Christians ,Muslims all having faith and uniting. The quote below by the best boxing heavyweight in the world ever sums up it for me:

We all have the same God, we just serve him differently. Rivers, lakes, ponds, streams, oceans all have different names, but they all contain water. So do religions have different names, and they all contain truth, expressed in different ways forms and times. It doesn't matter whether you're a Muslim, a Christian, or a Jew. When you believe in God, you should believe that all people are part of one family. If you love God, you can't love only some of his children.

Muhammad Ali

Firing rockets at each other. Not much love there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 258 - 364
Rick12
May 22, 2021, 11:26am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from ginnywings

Firing rockets at each other. Not much love there.
Goes back to a group thing though and not what religion is truly about  . Hinduism as I seem to gather is the oldest of the worlds mains religions. I think wherever there is humans religion or no religion there is always going to be strife. Religious groups like football clubs give a sense of belonging and if followed properly causes no problems.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 259 - 364
37 Pages Prev ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Jesus Christ

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.