Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Jesus Christ
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 20 Guests

Jesus Christ

This thread currently has 17,549 views. Print
37 Pages Prev ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next All Recommend Thread
DB
May 25, 2021, 12:14am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,048
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I know you weren’t necessarily suggesting it was a cast iron solution. That’s why I said I like your thinking outside the box.

The cost of making a desert fertile is not only in money. The water has got to come from somewhere else.

Good thinking. Now while you are pondering this, would you kindly pack your essential belongings, whatever you can fit in your car. And tell your neighbours to do the same. We’ve got lots of Welsh people whose ancestors were kicked out of Lincolnshire by the Anglo-Saxons, and they’re moving in. If you want to stick around you can move into the Fitties.

Personally, I blame the Romans for all this. They built a wall to keep the Scots out but didn't build one to keep the Welsh in! Incidentally, it's also the Romans' fault that Jesus was crucified as they failed to protect him; which is what this thread is really about.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 280 - 364
FishOutOfWater
May 25, 2021, 3:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,577
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I know you weren’t necessarily suggesting it was a cast iron solution. That’s why I said I like your thinking outside the box.

The cost of making a desert fertile is not only in money. The water has got to come from somewhere else.

Good thinking. Now while you are pondering this, would you kindly pack your essential belongings, whatever you can fit in your car. And tell your neighbours to do the same. We’ve got lots of Welsh people whose ancestors were kicked out of Lincolnshire by the Anglo-Saxons, and they’re moving in. If you want to stick around you can move into the Fitties.

Funnily enough I've always thought I was of good old Lincolnshire / Lindsey stock but my Ancestry DNA results show that there's some Welsh genes in there... don't know exactly how they arrive at this result but maybe my ancestors were part of the tribe that ran from the Saxons and Vikings. Perhaps I should adopt Newport as a second team!  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 281 - 364
KingstonMariner
May 27, 2021, 12:46am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Funnily enough I've always thought I was of good old Lincolnshire / Lindsey stock but my Ancestry DNA results show that there's some Welsh genes in there... don't know exactly how they arrive at this result but maybe my ancestors were part of the tribe that ran from the Saxons and Vikings. Perhaps I should adopt Newport as a second team!  

The thing about those that run away is that their genes get passed on unlike those heroes who die 😆.

Can they really tell the difference between English and Welsh (or Scottish and Irish for that matter)? I know they can tell where someone was brought up due to analysis of minerals in your bones etc. But can they really tell from DNA? Maybe the techniques have improved so much.

But, It’s highly likely that most English are a little bit ‘Welsh’ anyway. The Britons were most likely not wiped out by the Anglo-Saxons who came in waves over a couple of centuries totalling a few hundred thousand against a population at any one time totalling a few millions. As both cultures relied on the same muscle-powered weapons the task of killing a whole population would be impossible. It might be possible in a few places but once word spread the whole population would resist and the aggressors’ force multipliers weren’t strong enough to overcome them all. It’s most likely just a replacement of warrior elites. The incomers would have needed the Labour of the indigenous lower orders if they were going to live in any comfort.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 282 - 364
DB
December 25, 2021, 1:20am
Barley Wine Drinker
Happy Birthday Jesus

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 283 - 364
Manchester Mariner
December 25, 2021, 10:41am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,822
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from DB
Happy Birthday Jesus

And Chris Kamara, 64 today.

Happy Christkamaramas one and all!

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 284 - 364
Stadium
December 25, 2021, 11:34am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Happy birthday Chris Kamara!!!

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 285 - 364
fishboyUTM
December 25, 2021, 12:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Gold Stars: 40
Load of nonsense. And even if he did exist, what did he do for us exactly to deserve worship? Got nailed to a cross? Not like he had a choice is it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 286 - 364
Manchester Mariner
December 25, 2021, 1:09pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,822
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from fishboyUTM
Load of nonsense. And even if he did exist, what did he do for us exactly to deserve worship? Got nailed to a cross? Not like he had a choice is it?

Bit harsh on Chris Kamara.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 287 - 364
Rick12
December 27, 2021, 9:01am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from fishboyUTM
Felt I need to chip in here again.  Jesus was a radical that preached love and good in a world which is often dark and nasty which is why he got killed. It's this message which is the light of good 👊 will always overcome the bad in the long run  that will stand the test of time and give hope to all especially those who are suffering greatly mentally and physically.

At the end of the day were all sinners . If we all tried to become a bit better and showed a bit more love to others and collectively tried to respect our environment a bit more  the world would be a far better place.

Amen.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 288 - 364
DB
December 27, 2021, 9:03am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
Felt I need to chip in here again.  Jesus was a radical that preached love and good in a world which is often dark and nasty which is why he got killed. It's this message which is the light of good 👊 will always overcome the bad in the long run  that will stand the test of time and give hope to all especially those who are suffering greatly mentally and physically.

At the end of the day were all sinners . If we all tried to become a bit better and showed a bit more love to others and collectively tried to respect our environment a bit more  the world would be a far better place.

Amen.

One of the best posts I've read in weeks, gold star for you my man.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 289 - 364
37 Pages Prev ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Jesus Christ

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.