Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Jesus Christ
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, lukeo and 36 Guests

Jesus Christ

This thread currently has 17,446 views. Print
37 Pages Prev ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next All Recommend Thread
DB
January 27, 2023, 3:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.47
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,042
Gold Stars: 390
I don't really get it. A delusional man with an over inflated sense of his own importance, got himself nailed to a tree because he believed that it would somehow cleanse mankind of all its sins and lead to forgiveness for these sins from a non existent entity that he thought was his dad. Then the real unbelievable bit is that 300 years later another bunch of delusional idiots wrote it all down and told people they had to believe it or they would expel them from their organisation and stop them getting into a non existent place presided over by a non existent entity, like they had any say in it, and now for the piece de resistance, people believed them. MADNESS.

Did the Real kids look up to Zidane when he didn't turn the other cheek and headbutted that Italian bloke (Materazzi) in the World Cup Final?

Unfortunately, videos and photo's never existed so you do have to rely on historians who confirmed the existence of Jesus. Thousands saw his miracles and hundreds saw him after his resurrection. When I was young if I had told my dad in 70 years time you will be cooking using micro waves in a steel cabinet, talking into a slim bit of plastic and shares an unknown thing called videos with people on the other side of the world, he would have called me insane.

Likewise, because you weren't there does not mean Jesus and his miracles did not happen.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 320 - 364
lukeo
January 27, 2023, 4:22pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,386
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from Rick12

Some nice sentiments there Lukeo. God bless you pal.

I spoke to a vicar recently who is now retired . He said in many years of church life he found faith schools to be better than secular schools. Stated that children have a role model in Jesus to look up to .

Being honest?? Most of the children hate the fact they have to do a prayer 3 times a day and don't believe in Jesus / God etc
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 321 - 364
DB
January 27, 2023, 4:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from lukeo

Being honest?? Most of the children hate the fact they have to do a prayer 3 times a day and don't believe in Jesus / God etc

Then open a Bible and teach them.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 322 - 364
Rick12
January 27, 2023, 4:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from lukeo

Sorry to hear that. There just children though and still forming . At least they will have something to fall back on emotionally when things get tough later in life as it undoubtedly will. I've often found as have others  after very difficult experiences in life just sitting in a quiet church and seeing candles lit can be immeasurably therapeutic.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 323 - 364
FishOutOfWater
January 27, 2023, 4:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Rick12
Sorry to hear that. There just children though and still forming . At least they will have something to fall back on emotionally when things get tough later in life as it undoubtedly will. I've often found as have others  after very difficult experiences in life just sitting in a quiet church and seeing candles lit can be immeasurably therapeutic.

I can understand that to some extent.... a moment of quiet reflection is something that can benefit us all in many ways

For me though, the difference is it doesn't need to be in a church; it can be outside watching the tide coming and going or taking in the sights and sounds of the countryside, listening to the birdsong etc

I'll never knock those who find solace in a church of course but imho it can be equally therapeutic to recharge those batteries away from such a place
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 324 - 364
ginnywings
January 27, 2023, 5:14pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from lukeo

Indoctrination.

They shouldn't be compelled to pray and have a belief system at such a young and impressionable age. If they come to God in adulthood of their own volition, then so be it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 325 - 364
Rick12
January 27, 2023, 5:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

For me though, the difference is it doesn't need to be in a church; it can be outside watching the tide coming and going or taking in the sights and sounds of the countryside, listening to the birdsong etc

Yes valid point. I often do that as well 🌠.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 326 - 364
lukeo
January 27, 2023, 6:32pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,386
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from DB

Then open a Bible and teach them.

Really? I'm giving an honest post about how they feel. All our children receive their own bible to keep.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 327 - 364
chaos33
January 27, 2023, 6:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,969
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from ginnywings

Indoctrination.

They shouldn't be compelled to pray and have a belief system at such a young and impressionable age. If they come to God in adulthood of their own volition, then so be it.

Agree

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 328 - 364
DB
January 27, 2023, 6:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from lukeo

Really? I'm giving an honest post about how they feel. All our children receive their own bible to keep.

Perhaps I was harsh on you and I apologise. What annoys me is that other religions teach their children about their religion and we don't seem to. I'm not saying push down their throats but it seems to be left in the distant background.

Giving them a Bible is great but then they need to be taught about the New Testament and Jesus.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 329 - 364
37 Pages Prev ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Jesus Christ

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.