Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Jesus Christ
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 8 Guests

Jesus Christ

This thread currently has 17,445 views. Print
37 Pages Prev ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next All Recommend Thread
DB
January 29, 2023, 2:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.47
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,042
Gold Stars: 390
Because we don't understand how to do things it doesn't mean they are impossible. Before 1903 nothing that was heavy could take to the air, until the Wright Brothers. Now,  multiton weights float around the sky.

There are other events that are now true and many old events that don't happen anymore, it doesn't mean they never happened in the first place.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 340 - 364
mariner91
January 29, 2023, 5:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,695
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from DB
Because we don't understand how to do things it doesn't mean they are impossible. Before 1903 nothing that was heavy could take to the air, until the Wright Brothers. Now,  multiton weights float around the sky.

There are other events that are now true and many old events that don't happen anymore, it doesn't mean they never happened in the first place.

Your first paragraph is just how technological advancement works. Years ago we couldn’t put the heart from a dead person into someone else, now we can. There was no technology or knowledge to allow men to walk on water, it isn’t possible.. And it was also described as a ‘miracle’ in the bible aka total boll0cks. Its not like  2000 years ago in the Middle East everyone knew how to take a shortcut over a river without a bridge or a boat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 341 - 364
DB
January 29, 2023, 6:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
At the end of the day, you have your opinion and I have my beliefs. I wish you well with your opinions.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 342 - 364
mariner91
January 29, 2023, 8:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,695
Gold Stars: 262
But that’s my point. It’s your belief but that is it. That is all it is. Any talk of technological advances since your dad was a lad does not somehow lend any substance to your belief that something scientifically impossible that almost certainly didn’t happen is in fact a literal historical account.

You are of course very welcome to your beliefs and I hope that they bring you comfort or whatever it is you seek from religion. But it’s always irritating when the religious try to make what is palpable nonsense out to be something credible.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 343 - 364
Rick12
January 29, 2023, 9:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from mariner91

You are of course very welcome to your beliefs and I hope that they bring you comfort or whatever it is you seek from religion.  
I like what Teddy Atlas the legendary boxing trainer said though mariner.  Listening to his autobiography in audible I think was brought up Catholic but has always maintained I felt an openness be it spiritual / religious to the vastness of our ever expanding universe. Stated loosely that in his experience of life the more clean you try to keep something which could be physical and emotional the better  one feels and life becomes. I think this is what Jesus was alluding to when he was alive as well. Likewise I note some of my favourite actors and musicians are both religious eg Denzel Washington and Stormzy who both have tried to use the median of films and music to create positive change. Indeed Stormzys blinded by your grace is my favourite song ever ( alludes to his faith in God changing him for the better ) but as he recently said in a TV programme he done with  Louis Theroux faith in God eg he is a Christian is something that comes from deep within and you have to come about it via your own subconscious and not have it forced on you  .  

❤️🕯️🌠

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 344 - 364
DB
January 30, 2023, 6:01am
Barley Wine Drinker
In a reverse timeline, we have

The Vatican, also known as St Peters Basilica
named and documented after the 1st Bishop of Rome, later made a saint, Peter
Peter who started one of the first Christian churches in Rome
Peter can be traced as the same Peter who wrote the epistles Peter 1 & 2 in the New Testament
The same Peter upon whom Jesus said 'I will my rock'
The same Peter walked with Jesus and witnessed what Jesus did.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 345 - 364
ginnywings
January 30, 2023, 5:26pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from DB
In a reverse timeline, we have

The Vatican, also known as St Peters Basilica
named and documented after the 1st Bishop of Rome, later made a saint, Peter
Peter who started one of the first Christian churches in Rome
Peter can be traced as the same Peter who wrote the epistles Peter 1 & 2 in the New Testament
The same Peter upon whom Jesus said 'I will my rock'
The same Peter walked with Jesus and witnessed what Jesus did.

According to unverified sources.

Something can't be true, unless you have proof. Otherwise it's just a belief.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 346 - 364
DB
January 30, 2023, 5:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

According to unverified sources.

Something can't be true, unless you have proof. Otherwise it's just a belief.

From the club's favourite newspaper,

https://www.theguardian.com/wo.....hrist-lived-and-died

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 347 - 364
Rick12
January 30, 2023, 5:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from DB
This video always moves me DB by national geographic on Jesus . Likewise I've been to this place in 2018 and you feel the history  and aura .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 348 - 364
Rick12
January 30, 2023, 10:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Performance merchandise eh? I'm sure JC and his dad would approve.
Listening to John Bostock ( owners of ballers in God) tonight on  Instagram live stated that the money they make from merchandise is invested back in the product and used to work with other Christian organisations. Spreading a wholesome message. Good on him 👌.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 349 - 364
37 Pages Prev ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Jesus Christ

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.