Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Jesus Christ
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 18 Guests

Jesus Christ

This thread currently has 17,459 views. Print
37 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Biccys
May 7, 2021, 7:43am
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from DB

Looks like your doing the deflecting!  I did ask you what your opinion was and not what some guys on Wiki thought.

I didn't have an opinion, so to gain some information, I did some research and found that the overwhelming consensus was the above. That's how rational people gain knowledge, not from just one book of fairy tales. So once again, can you answer my question without deflecting for a third time?

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 200 - 364
DB
May 7, 2021, 5:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.46
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,042
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from Biccys

I didn't have an opinion, so to gain some information, I did some research and found that the overwhelming consensus was the above. That's how rational people gain knowledge, not from just one book of fairy tales. So once again, can you answer my question without deflecting for a third time?

To answer your question there are about 2.4 billion Christians in the world, just over 31% of the population of the world which is about 7.5 billion people (source Wiki).

Now I don't expect all to believe in Jesus Christ but 2.4 billion people surely cannot be wrong.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 201 - 364
FishOutOfWater
May 7, 2021, 7:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from DB

To answer your question there are about 2.4 billion Christians in the world, just over 31% of the population of the world which is about 7.5 billion people (source Wiki).

Now I don't expect all to believe in Jesus Christ but 2.4 billion people surely cannot be wrong.

Don't you believe it!  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 202 - 364
KingstonMariner
May 7, 2021, 9:08pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from DB

By that evidence 5.1 billion people are not Christians, so yes. 2.4 billion people can be wrong. By the same logic 5.1 billion people can’t be wrong.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 203 - 364
Biccys
May 7, 2021, 9:32pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from DB

That isn't answering the question I posed you in the slightest, and simply shows the backwards logic religions rely on! As has already been pointed out, there are far FAR more non Christians than Christians, so by *YOUR OWN LOGIC* they cannot be wrong.
You've again tried to deflect so this will be my last post replying to you as, like every other Christian I've ever talked to, when they get a question they can't answer, they revert to type and deflect. Because they know they have no answers that make any sense.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 204 - 364
DB
May 7, 2021, 10:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Biccys

That isn't answering the question I posed you in the slightest, and simply shows the backwards logic religions rely on! As has already been pointed out, there are far FAR more non Christians than Christians, so by *YOUR OWN LOGIC* they cannot be wrong.
You've again tried to deflect so this will be my last post replying to you as, like every other Christian I've ever talked to, when they get a question they can't answer, they revert to type and deflect. Because they know they have no answers that make any sense.

You were the one looking to Wiki for answers, just thought I'd help you.

Islam has nearly 2 billion believers, nearly 25% of the world's population, who also believe in Jesus Christ. Together with those of the Christian faith that's over 50% of the world's population.

These figures are not a deflection, but the truth in his life.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 205 - 364
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
May 7, 2021, 11:01pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,830
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from DB

Coldplay have sold over 80m albums. Yes, the masses can be wrong.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 206 - 364
GrimRob
May 7, 2021, 11:04pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from DB

You were the one looking to Wiki for answers, just thought I'd help you.

Islam has nearly 2 billion believers, nearly 25% of the world's population, who also believe in Jesus Christ. Together with those of the Christian faith that's over 50% of the world's population.

These figures are not a deflection, but the truth in his life.

How many of them of that 50% even think of Jesus every day, never mind pray to him or some other religious act? There's probably more Man Utd fans in this country than there are practising Christians.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 207 - 364
DB
May 7, 2021, 11:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Josephus made reference to Jesus in 2 of his books:-

The first and most extensive reference to Jesus in the Antiquities, found in Book 18, states that Jesus was the Messiah and a wise teacher who was crucified by Pontius Pilate

Modern scholarship has largely acknowledged the authenticity of the second reference to Jesus in the Antiquities, found in Book 20, Chapter 9, which mentions "the brother of Jesus, who was called Christ, whose name was James."

Also the Roman historian did the same Tacitus did the same:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacitus_on_Christ

Both of these are non-Biblical references to the existence of Christ. Hope this helps you.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 208 - 364
DB
May 7, 2021, 11:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob

How many of them of that 50% even think of Jesus every day, never mind pray to him or some other religious act? There's probably more Man Utd fans in this country than there are practising Christians.

This is why I don't belong to any Christian organisation.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 209 - 364
37 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Jesus Christ

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.