Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Tory Vermin
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 18 Guests

Tory Vermin

This thread currently has 54,309 views. Print
96 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Humbercod
January 19, 2022, 1:18pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,492
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from ska face
A Labour Party worth anything would’ve told this bloke to bollöcks. He’s voted against measures to prevent tax evasion, against measures to prevent climate change, voted to criminalise peaceful protest and less than 2 years ago was happy to justify the last decade of cuts and austerity.

Says it all about both this individual and, more importantly, Starmer’s Labour. A disgrace all round.

You sound surprised!
If there was an ounce of credibility a by- election would of already been called.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 220 - 957
GollyGTFC
January 19, 2022, 2:13pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
Quoted from ska face
A Labour Party worth anything would’ve told this bloke to bollöcks. He’s voted against measures to prevent tax evasion, against measures to prevent climate change, voted to criminalise peaceful protest and less than 2 years ago was happy to justify the last decade of cuts and austerity.

Says it all about both this individual and, more importantly, Starmer’s Labour. A disgrace all round.

Totally disagree. A defection is always good for inspiring loyalty. Starmer’s calculation is that it might keep BJ in post and enable him to ride out the storm. They want a general election of Starmer v Johnson, not Starmer v A.N. Other.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 221 - 957
GollyGTFC
January 19, 2022, 2:16pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
Quoted from Humbercod

You sound surprised!
If there was an ounce of credibility a by- election would of already been called.

As you well know the election system in the UK assumes that you vote for the individual and not the party they are standing for.

Anyway, Johnson will 100% not want a by-election. A defeat and the entire red wall intake would finish him off.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 222 - 957
ginnywings
January 19, 2022, 7:35pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Sparple was trending on Twitter because Susie Dent had it as her word of the day. I shared the tweet a few posts up.

Therein lies the problem. Tweets no longer appear on my PC and I am not tech savvy enough to figure out why.

All I get is Tweet 14553876495720 will appear here. The Tweet never appears.

They still appear on my phone but I hardly ever access the fishy from that device.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 223 - 957
Roast Em Bobby
January 19, 2022, 8:02pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,706
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from ginnywings

Therein lies the problem. Tweets no longer appear on my PC and I am not tech savvy enough to figure out why.

All I get is Tweet 14553876495720 will appear here. The Tweet never appears.

They still appear on my phone but I hardly ever access the fishy from that device.

Are you using an ad-blocker? It could be that. Also worth trying a different web browser to see if they are blocked in all browsers or just the one you are using.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 224 - 957
ginnywings
January 19, 2022, 8:17pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby

Are you using an ad-blocker? It could be that. Also worth trying a different web browser to see if they are blocked in all browsers or just the one you are using.

Thanks for that.

I've had an ad-blocker for a long time and the issue only started recently. Will try on another web browser and see what happens. I have changed from Chrome to Edge, but again that was a while back.

My PC is old now and probably needs a good tune up. I have had a notification saying that my PC won't support Windows 11 when it's available, so maybe time for a new one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 225 - 957
ska face
January 19, 2022, 8:17pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,341
Gold Stars: 824
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Totally disagree. A defection is always good for inspiring loyalty. Starmer’s calculation is that it might keep BJ in post and enable him to ride out the storm. They want a general election of Starmer v Johnson, not Starmer v A.N. Other.

You think the Tories are going to keep Johnson in for another couple of years after his personal ratings dropped below those Corbyn had at the end of his leadership?

They’ll let him carry the can for an awful set of local elections in May, plus tax and energy bill rises in April, and they’ll jettison him.

It’s short termism from Starmer, who’s enjoying his poll lead at the minute but not dragging anywhere near enough Tory support over. He’s got no offer, which is why Tories are turning to “don’t know” rather than the Tory-lite party.
Private Message
Reply: 226 - 957
Roast Em Bobby
January 19, 2022, 8:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,706
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from ginnywings

Thanks for that.

I've had an ad-blocker for a long time and the issue only started recently. Will try on another web browser and see what happens. I have changed from Chrome to Edge, but again that was a while back.

My PC is old now and probably needs a good tune up. I have had a notification saying that my PC won't support Windows 11 when it's available, so maybe time for a new one.

Your PC being old is unlikely to be the cause. More likely to be an ad-blocker, blocked cookies, an over zealous security setting in your browser or a firewall issue. Have you tried turning the ad-blocker off when you are on the fishy?

This might help - https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/embedded-tweets-not-loading-fix.2434363/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 227 - 957
ginnywings
January 19, 2022, 10:06pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Thanks again. Tried it with ad-blocker switched off, but no joy.

Will have a play with it at the weekend when I have more time and inclination.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 228 - 957
Maringer
January 19, 2022, 10:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from ginnywings

Windows 11 has been available for a few months.  

Wouldn't bother with Windows 11 myself. Win 10 doesn't work properly most of the time yet! Win 10 will be supported for another 3 and a half years at least so keep your PC going if it's still working OK.

At work we use pretty old PCs and everything works absolutely fine on them.

Try clearing cookies for The Fishy. That will probably fix the issue. This link tells you how to do it:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/clear-cookies-in-microsoft-edge-for-a-specific-website/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 229 - 957
96 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Tory Vermin

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.