Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Brexit deal agreed
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 16 Guests

Brexit deal agreed

This thread currently has 25,405 views. Print
55 Pages Prev ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Humbercod
March 11, 2022, 6:43am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,501
Gold Stars: 82
It amazes me how being one of the richest countries we can always find a few billion to stump up around the world, yet and I will say it again we have a large proportion of people in this country who will not be able to keep their lights on, will not be able to feed their children healthy nutritious meals and forget heating their homes! This is happening now and I see it every day in damp dingy homes. Yes of course this doesn’t compare to being bombed but these are still humans living in misery. So for all you comfy liberals who are happy to see the foreign aid budget maintained and would like to see the flood gates opened up to half the world, please just consider those who are less well off struggling day to day, genuinely depressed living with constant worry. Can you not understand the anger at the thousands of illegals coming in daily, being put up in comfortable  hotels can someone give me a liberal perspective in this so I can at least try to understand?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 360 - 545
mariner91
March 11, 2022, 12:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,745
Gold Stars: 262
I earn a decent amount and I'm happy to pay my way when it comes to taxes if it means that the less fortunate and more vulnerable get the help they need from our government. Unfortunately this government squeezes the middle and working classes whilst allowing the rich to get richer at all of our expense. Those of us working find our pay packets stretched more and more thinly and the talk of investing in services is a lie. They can claim all they like they've built 40 new hospitals but you don't even need to dig deep to realise it's a lie. And that's just one example.

There's more than enough wealth in this country to allow us to feed, house, heat and treat all of our citizens AND to help out on a global scale when something disastrous like the Ukraine invasion occurs. However, until people stop voting for the tories and we have a grown up conversation on taxing wealth, not just income, then we will continue to live in a society that is progressively unequal and polarised.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 361 - 545
chaos33
March 11, 2022, 12:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,998
Gold Stars: 362
Couldn’t agree more mate.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 362 - 545
Humbercod
March 11, 2022, 1:49pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,501
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from mariner91
I earn a decent amount and I'm happy to pay my way when it comes to taxes if it means that the less fortunate and more vulnerable get the help they need from our government. Unfortunately this government squeezes the middle and working classes whilst allowing the rich to get richer at all of our expense. Those of us working find our pay packets stretched more and more thinly and the talk of investing in services is a lie. They can claim all they like they've built 40 new hospitals but you don't even need to dig deep to realise it's a lie. And that's just one example.

There's more than enough wealth in this country to allow us to feed, house, heat and treat all of our citizens AND to help out on a global scale when something disastrous like the Ukraine invasion occurs. However, until people stop voting for the tories and we have a grown up conversation on taxing wealth, not just income, then we will continue to live in a society that is progressively unequal and polarised.

This is the camp I’m in but do you honestly think we would be in a better position if Labour had won the election.. be honest!
The government now asking Britons to take in refugees is absolutely embarrassing, just maybe if they didn’t fill hotels with illegals we could offer better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 363 - 545
chaos33
March 12, 2022, 7:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,998
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from Humbercod
It amazes me how being one of the richest countries we can always find a few billion to stump up around the world, yet and I will say it again we have a large proportion of people in this country who will not be able to keep their lights on, will not be able to feed their children healthy nutritious meals and forget heating their homes! This is happening now and I see it every day in damp dingy homes. Yes of course this doesn’t compare to being bombed but these are still humans living in misery. So for all you comfy liberals who are happy to see the foreign aid budget maintained and would like to see the flood gates opened up to half the world, please just consider those who are less well off struggling day to day, genuinely depressed living with constant worry. Can you not understand the anger at the thousands of illegals coming in daily, being put up in comfortable  hotels can someone give me a liberal perspective in this so I can at least try to understand?

Are you in favour of a one off windfall tax on the energy companies to enable British families to afford gas/elec via rebate?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 364 - 545
mariner91
March 12, 2022, 9:13am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,745
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Humbercod

This is the camp I’m in but do you honestly think we would be in a better position if Labour had won the election.. be honest!
The government now asking Britons to take in refugees is absolutely embarrassing, just maybe if they didn’t fill hotels with illegals we could offer better.

We will never know for sure if it would have been better. Would our cabinet be awash with Russian money and influence? No. Would it be so obviously corrupt siphoning off billions of tax payers hard earned cash to their mates? No. So in that respect it would have been better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 365 - 545
Stadium
March 19, 2022, 12:40pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
The gift that keeps giving.

Tweet 1504494291133022209 will appear here...

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 366 - 545
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
March 19, 2022, 9:34pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 555
I’ve had four £10m-£150m turnover clients (so far) this year, ask me to help them set up subsidiaries in Ireland (i.e. outside UK).

All owned by Brexit advocates who boasted how it would help the UK in the long run.

It may well do so, but there’s a hell of a lot of trade, professional fees, tax(!) and financial services now being pushed through Dublin 2.

All tried to ride it out for as long as possible and have admitted defeat as trade with the EU has become too difficult. More and more UK companies are having to blink first.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 367 - 545
aldi_01
March 20, 2022, 6:25am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Roaring success…said literally nobody…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 368 - 545
KingstonMariner
March 29, 2022, 7:36pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Well known liberal leftie firm E&Y say so far 7000 finance jobs have left the City of London.

Assuming that they pay on average £40,000 a year each in tax (quite a low average for that sector - it’s only 30% of £133k) that’s £280,000,000 lost to the Exchequer. What was it NEL got in levelling up funding?

#Self-harm in Grimsby

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 369 - 545
55 Pages Prev ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Brexit deal agreed

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.