Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Brexit deal agreed
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Brexit deal agreed

This thread currently has 25,422 views. Print
55 Pages Prev ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Manchester Mariner
March 10, 2022, 5:53pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,822
Gold Stars: 41
Your average Sun reader probably sees this as being a benefit of Brexit,

Tweet 1501182955498221573 will appear here...

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 350 - 545
chaos33
March 10, 2022, 6:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,998
Gold Stars: 362
Taken back control of our borders haven’t we. Absolutely impossible system for people fleeing war and wanting to come to the UK. This is fuelled by lies and incompetence and a lack of compassion. Step forwards Pritti Patel, an unpunished proven bully, and Liz Truss. Absolutely out of their depth, incompetent hateful sycophants. This is what some of those who wanted Brexit voted for. We are a global disgrace, and, meanwhile….parliament is stuffed with lie after lie after lie from the government benches. Fastest growing economy in the G7? LIE! No country has done more than Britain to settle refugees? LIE. This is, by far and away, the most corrupt, incompetent, disgraceful government this country has ever seen, and the Brexit con is absolutely palpable and indisputable in every regard. When do the MET release their verdict on the indisputable lies relating to Covid parties? How people are not on the streets, tearing down the barricades and demanding these f*ckers are removed and replaced with people of ability, dignity, honour I’ll never know.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 351 - 545
Humbercod
March 10, 2022, 6:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,501
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from chaos33
Taken back control of our borders haven’t we. Absolutely impossible system for people fleeing war and wanting to come to the UK. This is fuelled by lies and incompetence and a lack of compassion. Step forwards Pritti Patel, an unpunished proven bully, and Liz Truss. Absolutely out of their depth, incompetent hateful sycophants. This is what some of those who wanted Brexit voted for. We are a global disgrace, and, meanwhile….parliament is stuffed with lie after lie after lie from the government benches. Fastest growing economy in the G7? LIE! No country has done more than Britain to settle refugees? LIE. This is, by far and away, the most corrupt, incompetent, disgraceful government this country has ever seen, and the Brexit con is absolutely palpable and indisputable in every regard. When do the MET release their verdict on the indisputable lies relating to Covid parties? How people are not on the streets, tearing down the barricades and demanding these f*ckers are removed and replaced with people of ability, dignity, honour I’ll never know.

Wow you really are depressed! get well soon 👍
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 352 - 545
Humbercod
March 10, 2022, 6:41pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Manchester Mariner
Your average Sun reader probably sees this as being a benefit of Brexit,

Tweet 1501182955498221573 will appear here...

This is just another anti Tory bitter post and quite ridiculous!
Of course most of the refugees will flee to eastern countries, if Ireland was ever invaded don’t you think we would take the vast majority? besides with so many Polish over here now I’m sure they have plenty more room than us. I’ve read we have 17000 waiting to come with expected levels of up to 200,000 and rightly so.

Just for the record how many on that silly example have Ireland, Iceland and the Faroe Islands taken? Not many I bet, and what about the Scandinavian countries are they taking in Hundreds of thousands? Of course not. It’s just more UK bashing.

We are one of the most charitable countries in the world which is why every Tom male private and Abdul want to come here, we have been a safe haven for thousands of refugees, for a small island we can hold our head high,  if only we had a tough immigration system where illegal immigrants are not put up in 4 star hotels to the tune of over a billion pound a year and counting! At least they will be nice and warm with 3 square meals whilst our own people will be sitting in darkness and freezing in their home!!!  Liberals🤬
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 353 - 545
jamesgtfc
March 10, 2022, 6:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Humbercod

Of course most of the refugees will flee to eastern countries, if Ireland was ever invaded don’t you think we would take the vast majority? besides with so many Polish over here now I’m sure they have plenty more room than us. I’ve read we have 17000 waiting to come with expected levels of up to 200,000 and rightly so.

Just for the record how many on that silly example have Ireland, Iceland and the Faroe Islands taken? Not many I bet, and what about the Scandinavian countries are they taking in Hundreds of thousands? Of course not. It’s just more UK bashing.

We are one of the most charitable countries in the world which is why every Tom male private and Abdul want to come here, we have been a safe haven for thousands of refugees, for a small island we can hold our head high,  if only we had a tough immigration system where illegal immigrants are not put up in 4 star hotels to the tune of over a billion pound a year and counting! At least they will be nice and warm with 3 square meals whilst our own people will be sitting in darkness and freezing in their home!!!  Liberals🤬

I hope if we ever end up in a similar situation no country will take you in so you can understand how some of these people feel.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 354 - 545
Humbercod
March 10, 2022, 8:28pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I hope if we ever end up in a similar situation no country will take you in so you can understand how some of these people feel.

Sorry James but where have I said I don’t want any genuine refugees! Because I fully support helping those in crisis, none of us can truly understand what they are going through because we lead such privileged lives, I can only imagine and the image is horrific I tell you. I’m hoping once all this is over and soon pray to god’s (why not)  that I can get out there and help with the re-building in some way, if my firm can release and maybe sponsor me for as many months as needed.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 355 - 545
chaos33
March 10, 2022, 8:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,998
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from Humbercod

Ireland have taken 2500 at least and expect more, so more than twice as many as us, and no visa required. Just safety, comfort, nourishment and shelter first and foremost. Sort the paperwork out once that’s done. No visa required.
Not sure how many Scandinavia have taken in total but Sweden have over 2500, so again, more than twice the amount we have. The current process we’ve set up is so complicated and drawn out that it could take these women and children several weeks to achieve safe shelter in the UK. We are the disgrace of Europe, and, I believe, many British people would welcome these poor souls with open, loving, caring arms. The government we have is hateful and corrupt and incompetent and a betrayal of the real and true British spirit and tradition.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 356 - 545
Humbercod
March 10, 2022, 9:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from chaos33

Ireland have taken 2500 at least and expect more, so more than twice as many as us, and no visa required. Just safety, comfort, nourishment and shelter first and foremost. Sort the paperwork out once that’s done. No visa required.
Not sure how many Scandinavia have taken in total but Sweden have over 2500, so again, more than twice the amount we have. The current process we’ve set up is so complicated and drawn out that it could take these women and children several weeks to achieve safe shelter in the UK. We are the disgrace of Europe, and, I believe, many British people would welcome these poor souls with open, loving, caring arms. The government we have is hateful and corrupt and incompetent and a betrayal of the real and true British spirit and tradition.

It’s fair to say they were slow out of the blocks but a year from now we know the UK will have proportionately more Ukrainian refugees then most of the other countries around the world.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 357 - 545
jamesgtfc
March 10, 2022, 10:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Humbercod

It’s fair to say they were slow out of the blocks but a year from now we know the UK will have proportionately more Ukrainian refugees then most of the other countries around the world.

Of course we will because I don't see many of them rocking up in South America, Asia or Africa. In fear of their lives, these people are expected to access the internet and have a passport to make their way here. The only offer they have of a safe and comfortable home with someone they know may be here. Why do we need to make it difficult for them?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 358 - 545
Humbercod
March 11, 2022, 6:18am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Of course we will because I don't see many of them rocking up in South America, Asia or Africa. In fear of their lives, these people are expected to access the internet and have a passport to make their way here. The only offer they have of a safe and comfortable home with someone they know may be here. Why do we need to make it difficult for them?

I don’t know maybe it’s a security issue, with over 40000 people already on the Mi5 watch list just maybe it’s actually their duty to check who is coming in. As much as I would like to see family members quick and easy access I also want our government to carry out their main justification to keep its own people safe.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 359 - 545
55 Pages Prev ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Brexit deal agreed

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.