Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Brexit deal agreed
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 17 Guests

Brexit deal agreed

This thread currently has 25,505 views. Print
55 Pages Prev ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
February 7, 2023, 6:55am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
It’s interesting in so much that the loudest Brexiteers amongst my friends have been particularly quiet of late. Almost like the realisation that they were lied to is beginning to sink in.

The irony is, many of us who chose to vote remain were honest enough to identify weaknesses in the EU but also realised that in order to force change, it’s best to be sat at the table rather than be out the room. They, the brexiteers on the other hand, just failed to see that. Whether that was caused by a lack of ability to critically think, nationalism, racism or just stupidity, we’ll never truly know but hopefully there’ll come a time when they’re honest enough to say it didn’t work. It was a total and absolute clusterfuck…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 460 - 545
Sandford1981
February 7, 2023, 7:48am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from aldi_01
It’s interesting in so much that the loudest Brexiteers amongst my friends have been particularly quiet of late. Almost like the realisation that they were lied to is beginning to sink in.

The irony is, many of us who chose to vote remain were honest enough to identify weaknesses in the EU but also realised that in order to force change, it’s best to be sat at the table rather than be out the room. They, the brexiteers on the other hand, just failed to see that. Whether that was caused by a lack of ability to critically think, nationalism, racism or just stupidity, we’ll never truly know but hopefully there’ll come a time when they’re honest enough to say it didn’t work. It was a total and absolute clusterfuck…

I voted to leave. I got it badly wrong. I have no problem admitting it and did very early on. We should be accountable and answerable for our actions.
I have no doubt I bought some of the lies and so stupidity is a fair assumption but of the other charges you bring for those who have the temerity to think differently to you-non are applicable.
I do understand a lot of people did have those reasons to vote leave but I think they stunt discussion and show a level of ignorance to other people who got it wrong and were misguided but we’re well intentioned in their choice.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 461 - 545
OddShapedBalls
February 7, 2023, 9:29am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,195
Gold Stars: 40
Whether you voted remain or leave, I think we can all agree that a 52% majority is tiny and although it should have been the basis for strong negotiations was nowhere near strong enough a mandate to actually leave, had there been a second vote that showed the same trend then maybe.  I'm sure a figure of 65% was talked about as being the legal threshold at the time.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 462 - 545
DB
February 7, 2023, 9:59am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,054
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from Sandford1981

I voted to leave. I got it badly wrong. I have no problem admitting it and did very early on. We should be accountable and answerable for our actions.
I have no doubt I bought some of the lies and so stupidity is a fair assumption but of the other charges you bring for those who have the temerity to think differently to you-non are applicable.
I do understand a lot of people did have those reasons to vote leave but I think they stunt discussion and show a level of ignorance to other people who got it wrong and were misguided but we’re well intentioned in their choice.

I also did and like you regret believing the lying politicians. I think the whole political set in this country needs sorting out. If a political party put something in a manifesto then they should be made legally to do it, after all, that's what people are voting for. That said turkeys don't vote for Christmas.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 463 - 545
ginnywings
February 7, 2023, 3:01pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Think I will stick to the line James O'Brien uses.

Contempt for the conmen, compassion for the conned.

The government have been gas lighting the electorate for 13 years, but they turned the gas up to full over the Brexit vote.

It was to appease the Eurosceptics and an attempt to unite factions of the Tory party that Cameron agreed to the vote, never thinking he would see us vote to leave, but he underestimated the campaign put together by Brexiteers and their willingness to win at all costs.

While the remainers sat back relaxed, believing it was in the bag, powerful forces were funding the leave campaign and the pack of lies they fed the nation.

Once Boris did his flip flop, sensing the fall out would scupper Cameron and subsequently May should the leave vote win, he saw a path to No10 and they had their figurehead.

Dominic Cummings and his team did the rest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 464 - 545
Sandford1981
February 7, 2023, 3:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from ginnywings
Think I will stick to the line James O'Brien uses.

Contempt for the conmen, compassion for the conned.

The government have been gas lighting the electorate for 13 years, but they turned the gas up to full over the Brexit vote.

It was to appease the Eurosceptics and an attempt to unite factions of the Tory party that Cameron agreed to the vote, never thinking he would see us vote to leave, but he underestimated the campaign put together by Brexiteers and their willingness to win at all costs.

While the remainers sat back relaxed, believing it was in the bag, powerful forces were funding the leave campaign and the pack of lies they fed the nation.

Once Boris did his flip flop, sensing the fall out would scupper Cameron and subsequently May should the leave vote win, he saw a path to No10 and they had their figurehead.

Dominic Cummings and his team did the rest.

I conned myself too in fairness, although I am guilty of rank stupidity and naivety. I foolishly thought we could improve upon what we already had if we had more control. I should have listened to the people saying it would be a race to the bottom as that’s what we’ve got.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 465 - 545
grimsby pete
February 13, 2023, 1:27pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,837
Gold Stars: 222
Before I say I was wrong in voting leave I would like to say everybody has a right to vote the way they see fit .

What I don't like is the constant name calling coming from the remain voters  thinking they are far more knowledgeable and sensible than the leavers.

It's the same when the Labour voters on here call the ones who voted any other way.

It's a free country and we should be able to talk about things without name calling which comes across as sour grapes.

I am sure if we have another vote in the next year or two the country will vote to rejoin.

It has not effected me but I would vote to rejoin anyway so maybe the country can come back together and stop the petty bickering.

I do however feel sorry for all the extra paperwork leaving has cause and for the motorist and other holiday people who have lost their free movement and the same goes for the Europeans who came over for seasonal work or even wanted to move to our lovely country and settle here.

Rant  over love to all.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 466 - 545
ginnywings
May 26, 2023, 9:33pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Paying about 35p a litre less for diesel here in Southrrn Ireland than we were in England.

Cheaper prices was what Jacob Rees Smug promised.

The brexit benefit folks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 467 - 545
Mappers
May 26, 2023, 10:52pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.42
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,502
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from aldi_01

I don't really like politics it's a subject of division , I do remember watching the polling for Brexit though it seemed mental with people getting over excited.

That Farage was foaming at the mouth about us 'getting our waters back?'
Has that happened ?
Dodgy Dave walked away a few days later shi*tkng himself saying the country needed 'fresh leadership '
It seems like that has been carnage to , I only enjoyed saying 'Liz Mistrust' because she seemed a wrong un as well with mad ideas .

Kier Starmey does not seem like he would deliver much for anyone either , seems another wrong un .

I would not trust any of those lot with anything of mine ,either parties - the only thing it sounded like they were good for was having parties they should not have been taking part in when they were telling us to ''stay in'

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 468 - 545
Limerick Mariner
May 28, 2023, 2:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,744
Gold Stars: 138
While our current government were fecking about trying to organise a Brexit that that they told us all to vote for but didn’t have any plan to deliver, especially how to deal with Northern Ireland, the EU and the rest of the world were building battery factories. Our automotive industry tells them it’s about to collapse and now they are about to announce a new battery factory in West Somerset of all places. Right in heart of Levelling Up territory that, also next door to Rees Moggs constituency. 5 years behind the curve, wrong place for levelling up, too little too late, these people are nothing but ridiculous clowns who have completely fecked this country.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 469 - 545
55 Pages Prev ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Brexit deal agreed

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.