Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tweet from tondeur.
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 384 Guests

The last message you viewed in this thread was reply number 117.

Tweet from tondeur.

This thread currently has 18,381 views. Print
13 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
November 22, 2020, 3:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
The interview, the comments, the attitude from Holloway suggest he’s feeling the pressure.

The only thing probably saving him is the fact he’s spent most of his career talking shite and making sweeping comments.

I’m sure he’s woken up this morning and though FFs to himself and started looking at ways to stop us being so excrement...I hope. If not then I’d suggest he packs his stuff and buggers off and just does some TV work or something...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 128
ska face
November 22, 2020, 4:12pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,337
Gold Stars: 820
Quoted from Ipswin

There is only one man on our board with a pot to urine in and if he puts any more money in he will merely be adding to the loan everone is constantly moaning about

That’s the problem isn’t it? Every penny he puts in comes with strings attached and he wants it all back at some point.

The fans have chucked the best part of half a million quid in the pot out of the goodness of their own hearts since 15/16, plus countless other fundraisers, name cards, and whatever else. Nobody expects it back.

Why is everything that comes out of his pocket a loan rather than a donation?
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 128
Stadium
November 22, 2020, 4:52pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,913
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from ska face

That’s the problem isn’t it? Every penny he puts in comes with strings attached and he wants it all back at some point.

The fans have chucked the best part of half a million quid in the pot out of the goodness of their own hearts since 15/16, plus countless other fundraisers, name cards, and whatever else. Nobody expects it back.

Why is everything that comes out of his pocket a loan rather than a donation?

Which is why no one should question people who ask were has the money raised  been used.
The thread on the latest fundraising effort was interesting to say the least if you actually questioned were the funds raised were been channelled.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 128
chipsandgravy
November 22, 2020, 5:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +3,538
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from aldi_01
The interview, the comments, the attitude from Holloway suggest he’s feeling the pressure.

The only thing probably saving him is the fact he’s spent most of his career talking shite and making sweeping comments.

I’m sure he’s woken up this morning and though FFs to himself and started looking at ways to stop us being so excrement...I hope. If not then I’d suggest he packs his stuff and buggers off and just does some TV work or something...

What ruddy attitude. What attitude do you expect him to have. His team just got thumped. Tondeur asked him a loaded question (fairly) and he re-acted like most managers would have done. I likeTondeur but he cant have it both ways. Ollie is an interviewers dream and gives regular 12-15 minute monologues whether you like them or not. He often gives more away then anybody I can remember. I too hope he has woken up and started to plan our recovery because he certainly needs to.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 128
aldi_01
November 22, 2020, 5:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Stadium

Which is why no one should question people who ask were has the money raised has been used.
The thread on the latest fundraising effort was interesting to say the least if you actually questioned were the funds raised were been channelled.

That’s been the issue for a while, those that question are often shot down or criticised for not being a supporter or some nonsense when in reality they’re exactly right to ask where that cash has gone.

That last fundraising effort was a flipping farce. The moment someone suggested the club should be clear about what they have done with it or plan to do with it people were shot down.

Fans have handed over cash for STs, nobody forces them but equally, they did so willingly, unlike a certain person. Ironic really given that was an excuse not to sell the club to the only genuine potential buyer. He wouldn’t play their game so they saw their arses.

It’s all well and good throwing support behind Holloway but in truth these issues will remain whoever is in charge Becauee of the leadership overall. I’d hazard a guess that that is why Holloway is feeling it at present. I’d imagine he saw the full force of the lack of vision in the summer, regardless of Covid, I think we all know he’d have eventually fallen out with them.

Our fans have handed over thousands without so much as a clear outline where or how it has been spent, surely the club could have the audacity to at least share that with fans.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 128
MuddyWaters
November 22, 2020, 5:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,880
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from aldi_01

That’s been the issue for a while, those that question are often shot down or criticised for not being a supporter or some nonsense when in reality they’re exactly right to ask where that cash has gone.

That last fundraising effort was a flipping farce. The moment someone suggested the club should be clear about what they have done with it or plan to do with it people were shot down.

Fans have handed over cash for STs, nobody forces them but equally, they did so willingly, unlike a certain person. Ironic really given that was an excuse not to sell the club to the only genuine potential buyer. He wouldn’t play their game so they saw their arses.

It’s all well and good throwing support behind Holloway but in truth these issues will remain whoever is in charge Becauee of the leadership overall. I’d hazard a guess that that is why Holloway is feeling it at present. I’d imagine he saw the full force of the lack of vision in the summer, regardless of Covid, I think we all know he’d have eventually fallen out with them.

Our fans have handed over thousands without so much as a clear outline where or how it has been spent, surely the club could have the audacity to at least share that with fans.

Can’t understand anyone red crossing that post. The fans continue to back the club, even when we can’t attend, and still the club shortchange us. I’ll continue to say it, Ollie needs to understand that the club isn’t run well because it’s run to refund loans spent on someone’s vanity. It hasn’t been run to reward the loyal fans for a very long time. He needs to look at this from the fans’ perspective not John Fenty’s.
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 128
Stockport Mariner
November 22, 2020, 7:51pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +553
Gold Stars: 8
As several have pointed out, it wasn’t JT ‘mischief making’, the question, “what would you say to fans who have lost patience with you/your team after today’s match?” Was asked by James Findlater. He asked that question after “seeing a plethora of tweets from fans.”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 128
headingly_mariner
November 22, 2020, 9:12pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Are we actually using taxpayers money to furlough players?
That seems a little disingenuous and is possibly the most Fenty of Fenty things ever. Surely it can’t be true
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 128
Stadium
November 22, 2020, 10:01pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,913
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from headingly_mariner
That seems a little disingenuous and is possibly the most Fenty of Fenty things ever. Surely it can’t be true

https://upthemariners.co.uk/20.....players-on-furlough/

Don't question it because "We’re a brilliantly run club. We are. We are one of the best."

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 128
arryarryarry
November 22, 2020, 10:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,945
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from headingly_mariner

I would be amazed and disappointed if it was true, unless it will only be players we are going to dump in January, seeing as a fair number of players aren't fit enough to last 90 minutes putting some on furlough would make them even more unfit.
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 128
13 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tweet from tondeur.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.