Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tweet from tondeur.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 155 Guests

Tweet from tondeur.

This thread currently has 18,386 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
November 21, 2020, 10:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from grimsby pete
We have been here.many times in the past and only once in my lifetime of following town 65 years have we gone down to non league.

I don't think we will if Ollie stays but who knows if we end up with another no Mark manager.

Stay Ollie most of us have trust in you.

I think your comment needs qualifying Pete.

Stay Ollie if you can make a difference. I don’t think it will end well if he doesn’t effect change in the boardroom.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 128
arryarryarry
November 21, 2020, 10:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,940
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Gainsbro_Mariner
I'm actually quite offended he's said that. He talks at lengths about being the man who wants to take us places and he's proud to manage us, he's been the only manager who has complemented the club and fans upon joining, so it's very disheartening to hear him open to chucking the towel in already.

We won't get a better manager than Holloway and whoever we would get would hit similar issues.

As Town fans we are sick of the feeling of deja vu, we've long had an endless line of okay-ish managers bringing in okay-ish to average players, getting paggered by smaller, less ambitious but more solid clubs. Its as if this place is cursed because its always, new season, new players but same old excrement performances.

Holloway needs help... He needs to bring in coaches, and if he's being blocked in recruiting help then the club need to rethink their strategy. Ollie isn't a miracle worker, and his only help are two very young and inexperienced coaches.

The squad is huge, the last time we had a squad so big was 2009/10 under Newell and then Woods where we were signing new players every other week because they were all dross. We ended up going down that year and I'm not saying thats the case this year but we don't need a Premier League size squad in League Two. He needs to work with a settled unit, as his how are they meant to gel if they are playing next to different people every game.

There are numerous players here who I just don't seem to get their role or why they are here? Bilel Mohsni was a hugely exciting signing but he's either unfit or not in contention. This guy should with his calibre should be starting weekly, christ two years ago he made the preliminary Tunisia World Cup squad. Ira Jackson and Touray Sisay were spoken up hugely and just haven't had a sniff desipite other forwards such as Green consistently not coming up with the goods.Virgil Gomis on loan can't even get in the match day squad, Ludvig Ohman just seems to play one in four? Do we need him if that's the case? Morton, Bennett and Scannell are just a couple of other players in and out of the team. It just makes very little sense but I figure this constant changing in personnel can't be good for continuity.

Just a rambling old fans thoughts.

But Ollie if you ever read this forum. Don't go. You will just reset this process for us and we've been in groundhog day for years. Bolster
your coaching staff, get rid of the under performers, make some calls.

Moshni and Ohman have been sent packing.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 128
Lincoln Mariner 56
November 21, 2020, 10:26pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,512
Gold Stars: 64
If that response was after the official interview had finished ans was not to be broadcast then Tondeur  is clearly mischief making and has made his own mind up re whether or not Ollie should stay. If it is to be broadcast why not let it play its course and come out as part of the interview so a better judgement can be made re context of the question and and any follow up or preceding questions/answers.

Personally feel JT is well past is sell by date and his commentaries are just depressing even when we’re winning. Even a goal is met with no enthusiasm, not that we score many, and it’s just one long continuous drone. He should be put out to grass before Ollie but no doubt we will have to suffer him for a few more seasons yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 128
jamesgtfc
November 21, 2020, 10:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,813
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
If that response was after the official interview had finished ans was not to be broadcast then Tondeur  is clearly mischief making and has made his own mind up re whether or not Ollie should stay. If it is to be broadcast why not let it play its course and come out as part of the interview so a better judgement can be made re context of the question and and any follow up or preceding questions/answers.

Personally feel JT is well past is sell by date and his commentaries are just depressing even when we’re winning. Even a goal is met with no enthusiasm, not that we score many, and it’s just one long continuous drone. He should be put out to grass before Ollie but no doubt we will have to suffer him for a few more seasons yet.

The radio interview goes first and when that finishes, other members of the press ask questions.

Pretty normal procedure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 128
promotion plaice
November 21, 2020, 10:32pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,954
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from jamesgtfc

The radio interview goes first and when that finishes, other members of the press ask questions.

Pretty normal procedure.

Ask Jolley  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 128
Gainsbro_Mariner
November 21, 2020, 10:32pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,450
Gold Stars: 14
Quoted from ginnywings

Keep up at the back there.

Mohsni and Ohman are no longer at the club.

Wow, thanks for the heads up. Missed that. Sad on both counts. Really hoped Ohman would work out in the end and Mohsni would be a hit. Can't say I'm surprised though.

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 128
Lincoln Mariner 56
November 21, 2020, 10:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,512
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Pretty normal procedure.

Which is my point. If this was part of the formal Q & A after the match it will subsequently be reported by the person asking the question hence no need for Tondeur to be tweeting about it other than to cause mischief.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 128
Stranger in the Park
November 21, 2020, 11:04pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: -189
Gold Stars: 7
One common thread I do see here is the one nobody else seems to have noticed, that being fallouts between Tondeur and previous managers Paul Hurst had fallouts on air with him, Jolly certainly had had his fill in his published rantings and now we have comments on social media attempting to undermine Ollie. I would suggest Mr. Tondeur needs pulling to one side. It's quite obvious that Ollie is struggling to get a settled side that works on a shoestring budget without commentators putting the boot in behind his back - it's easy to criticize when you can't do the job yourself. Given the current overwhelming bad conditions- Covid plus no matchday income- managing any football club is one big challenge. If Ollie does go, one thing is pretty certain and relegation is a huge possibility with yet another unknown in charge.At least Ollie has started to clear the decks of the "mistake" players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 128
arryarryarry
November 21, 2020, 11:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
One common thread I do see here is the one nobody else seems to have noticed, that being fallouts between Tondeur and previous managers Paul Hurst had fallouts on air with him, Jolly certainly had had his fill in his published rantings and now we have comments on social media attempting to undermine Ollie. I would suggest Mr. Tondeur needs pulling to one side. It's quite obvious that Ollie is struggling to get a settled side that works on a shoestring budget without commentators putting the boot in behind his back - it's easy to criticize when you can't do the job yourself. Given the current overwhelming bad conditions- Covid plus no matchday income- managing any football club is one big challenge. If Ollie does go, one thing is pretty certain and relegation is a huge possibility with yet another unknown in charge.At least Ollie has started to clear the decks of the "mistake" players.

I'm sorry but when we are excrement with whoever is manager I want an interviewer to ask the questions why. Which I is why I like Dave Burns after match interviews as he isn't scared at all of ruffling a few feathers of managers.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 128
arryarryarry
November 21, 2020, 11:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker

Christ Almighty, stop with the Covid excuses, it has affected all clubs.
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 128
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tweet from tondeur.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.