Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tweet from tondeur.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 363 Guests

Tweet from tondeur.

This thread currently has 18,512 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
November 22, 2020, 9:15am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,240
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Mikey_345
“If they want to come round my house and tell me to go home, I’ll stop selling it and buying one here. I don’t believe that’s the case. I will fight and die for these people, but if that’s what they want, they won’t have to ask me. That’s as honest as I can ever get.

IH quote. Not quite the bombshell it was built up to be is it...... funny that....

I don’t believe fans want him to leave either. I believe the fans want him to change the way the club is run. I’m afraid that if he can’t see the problem by now, he’s not looking in the right direction.
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 128
pen penfras
November 22, 2020, 9:26am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I don’t believe fans want him to leave either. I believe the fans want him to change the way the club is run. I’m afraid that if he can’t see the problem by now, he’s not looking in the right direction.

One thing he's made very clear is that he likes the way the club is run. I'm sure he wants to do lots of things to make the club more enticing to get better players here, but he likes that we don't try and spend beyond our means and gamble on success, that if it doesn't happen puts the club's future at risk.

Unfortunately, it seems almost every other club decided to carry on as normal this season and push the boat out hoping that some form of bail out will come. My only hope is that it comes before the end of next month, so we're in a good position to strengthen considering our low expenditure so far.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 128
November 22, 2020, 9:43am
Guest User
Quoted from 3610
Just tweeted that when answering questions later on. IH said he would leave if the Fans wanted him too

So where exactly was IH supposed to have said this, because I listened to the after match interview and he certainly did NOT say it there.
Reply: 72 - 128
MuddyWaters
November 22, 2020, 9:56am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,240
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from pen penfras

One thing he's made very clear is that he likes the way the club is run. I'm sure he wants to do lots of things to make the club more enticing to get better players here, but he likes that we don't try and spend beyond our means and gamble on success, that if it doesn't happen puts the club's future at risk.

Unfortunately, it seems almost every other club decided to carry on as normal this season and push the boat out hoping that some form of bail out will come. My only hope is that it comes before the end of next month, so we're in a good position to strengthen considering our low expenditure so far.

If Grimsby Town FC’s ambition is to wallow around in the lower reaches of League 2, hoping, and I quote, for ‘a bit of football fortune’, then it’s badly run.
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 128
November 22, 2020, 9:59am
Guest User
Even Boris and his clandestine mates don’t have to account to this lack of professionalism. It is about time we detached from RH, we don’t even have GTFC commentators on live EFL games, instead we have this inept show. I’ve lost count the number of times I’ve been watching and the commentary goes live to Hull City games, even at full time the shift is straight to them. Do Hull City fans get match updates on Town, I doubt it.

I’m sure Tondeur is in breach of his professional BBC code with the sideshows he creates on social media. It is not his job to hold the manager to account, it is the Boards and I expect this to happen next week.
Reply: 74 - 128
ginnywings
November 22, 2020, 10:18am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,124
Gold Stars: 548
How are other teams 'pushing the boat out', given there is a salary cap in place this season?

I get that there is a certain amount of balancing to be done, given that teams already had contracts in place prior to it's introduction, but wasn't the idea that the cap was a leveller and something we as a club very much pushed for?

I'm sure there are other areas we can improve on apart from the squad, namely analysts, coaches and this new scout/recruitment manager we have at the club now. There have been suggestions in the past from previous incumbents about the lack of an off field structure commensurate with the modern day game.

IH has said many times that the club is very well run and about as efficient as it's possible to be. We have to believe he believes that, or I imagine he would be making veiled digs to the contrary, as most managers would  under scrutiny from the press and the fans.

I can only assume (maybe wrongly) that the targets he wanted didn't materialise for one reason or another and I think that is what he is referring to when he bangs on about covid. The clause we felt was needed to be inserted in contract talks meant we could only attract players who were keen to come and make a name for themselves, not the established pros needed to to able to compete with other clubs at the top end of the league. They could go elsewhere and get what they wanted. There is also the fact that players we wanted to keep were allowed to leave because of it too. Ollies plans well and truly scuppered with not a lot of time to get a squad in place.

I've no idea where we go from here. I assume we have targets we are lining up, but they will mainly be ones for Jan and the summer, so we will have to limp through until then with what we have. The release of Ohman and Mohsni will doubtless free up some cash for replacements and maybe there is a free agent or two somewhere out there we can coax along to the club. May even have someone in the pipeline already.

I've always seen us as a long term project with IH and it's not got off to the best of starts this season, but we were starting to look the real deal when when covid curtailed us after the great win at Scunny. He must be given time to get us back to those levels, because I cannot see us attracting anyone as committed to the cause as he seems to be.

Yesterday was a disaster, plain and simple, but before that game, we were actually quite well placed in the form table. Even now we are still above Bradford and Harrogate in said table. Bradford have way more resources than we do, and Harrogate were being lauded for their style of play and results not so long back. Things can change quickly.

Anyway, this post went on longer than I intended, but the gist of it is that I think we would be mad to make a change now, not that I think it's going to happen. This is the crazy world of football though, so nothing would surprise me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 128
mariner91
November 22, 2020, 10:25am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,643
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from 28195
Even Boris and his clandestine mates don’t have to account to this lack of professionalism. It is about time we detached from RH, we don’t even have GTFC commentators on live EFL games, instead we have this inept show. I’ve lost count the number of times I’ve been watching and the commentary goes live to Hull City games, even at full time the shift is straight to them. Do Hull City fans get match updates on Town, I doubt it.

I’m sure Tondeur is in breach of his professional BBC code with the sideshows he creates on social media. It is not his job to hold the manager to account, it is the Boards and I expect this to happen next week.

It literally is his job.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 128
ska face
November 22, 2020, 10:27am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,658
Gold Stars: 847
Quoted from 28195

Hysterical garbage. No idea how Tondeur’s coming in for any criticism here, is it too much to ask for a manager to go through a season without launching a tirade against Radio Humberside?
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 128
Ipswin
November 22, 2020, 10:38am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
He's looking for an excuse to go,

'it's the fans fault, I really liked it there but they didn't love me so I had no choice'.

and I thought he was someone who would stick it out whatever

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 128
Ipswin
November 22, 2020, 10:46am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
.At least Ollie has started to clear the decks of the "mistake" players.

He signed most of the buggers!

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 128
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tweet from tondeur.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.