Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tweet from tondeur.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 248 Guests

Tweet from tondeur.

This thread currently has 18,506 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
psgmariner
November 21, 2020, 8:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Seems clear to me he’s done. Can’t see him here after Christmas. We are lauded the appointment but it’s not working.

Private Message
Reply: 10 - 128
Lincs Iron man
November 21, 2020, 8:42pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -5
Approval: -577
He's offered to quit already which isn't a good sign
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 128
MuddyWaters
November 21, 2020, 8:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from 3610

To be fair we don’t know what the question was that caused that answer.

Doesn’t really matter. That’s a pretty unequivocal answer.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 128
promotion plaice
November 21, 2020, 8:47pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,041
Gold Stars: 197

That black cat has a lot to answer for.

Seriously though I really don't know what to think anymore, as has been said on here "It's the hope that kills you" or something like that.

I don't think I could face another stint in the tinpot again  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 128
November 21, 2020, 8:49pm
Guest User
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Doesn’t really matter. That’s a pretty unequivocal answer.

True.

Hope it was said to get a reaction (another) from the players.
Reply: 14 - 128
Boris Johnson
November 21, 2020, 8:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
There are players here, not much better than those that go out on a Sunday for a kick about,

Its his squad, he has brought this rubbish in, and the vast majority of it is rubbish, sub standard. I cant believe that was his intention, but that situation may have been forced, but Jesus Christ he has scraped the barrel with this lot.

If he wants out, then go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 128
CodHead
November 21, 2020, 9:03pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +169
Quoted from Lincs Iron man
He's lost the plot

Wildig
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 128
arryarryarry
November 21, 2020, 9:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from 3610

To be fair we don’t know what the question was that caused that answer.

My understanding is he was asked what he would say to the fans
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 128
Croxton
November 21, 2020, 9:11pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
JT's professional mask has slipped of late. Confusing one player with another, repeated jibes at Gibson's offsides (even when he wasn't), his readiness in a previous match to say 'two or three players aren't good enough for this level' etc. and putting words into the mouths of co commentators. Let Crofty and Bolland make their own mind up!

Ollie is clearly upset at this negative commentary and should not have tried to have it out today on air. Now, JT is signalling his wider discontent with the earlier tweet 'I remember when I used to like this job'. Good journalists don't become part of the story. Two bruised egos in a tiff.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 128
Bigdog
November 21, 2020, 9:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from ginnywings
Didn't take long for this club to grind him down did it?

It's a black hole for managers.

Yep happens to all of them sooner or later. Looks like he half fancies throwing the towel in. And if anyone thinks that Paul Hurst will work for John Fenty again, they're living in dreamland. Fenty has ruined our football club. There is not one single factor in the past twenty years where we've taken a baby step forward on or off the pitch. Regression, torment for the manager, pain for the fans, regression, torment for the manager, pain for the fans ad nauseum.

We were told in no uncertain terms that anyone who wants to take the club over must provide evidence of funds for a couple of seasonsworth of downturn in fortunes. Of course this doesn't apply to the present incumbents who can't even reach in their pockets to keep four of our best players for a few months over the summer and imposed Covid clause contracts that only desperate bottom of the barrel players would sign. I can't see how even the most sycophantic supporters could make a positive case for this board of directors to be entrusted with the well being and progression of this club in the future. When is enough enough? Ollie shouldn't be offering to quit, but them upstairs, the ones that are most culpable for this mess (again), should have the good grace to fall on their own swords. They're just not very good at this football malarkey..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 128
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tweet from tondeur.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.