Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tweet from tondeur.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 261 Guests

Tweet from tondeur.

This thread currently has 18,495 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
November 22, 2020, 1:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Why did JT feel the need to cherry-pick one line from a previously published interview? This thread demonstrates the answer- he wanted to cause controversy....and succeeded!

He didn't.

JT has already stated that he had finished his interview and turned off his recorder before James Findlater asked the question based on many comments from fans after that performance and tweeted that last night.

The full interview was only published this morning.
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 128
IlkleyMariner
November 22, 2020, 1:32pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,984
Gold Stars: 69
Why did JT feel the need to cherry-pick one line from a previously published interview? This thread demonstrates the answer- he wanted to cause controversy....and succeeded!

You are right in your analysis but do we really want irresponsible reporting of our club?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 128
arryarryarry
November 22, 2020, 1:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC
This will no doubt be an unpopular view but.......People talk about Tondeur like he’s a local treasure & part of the fabric of GTFC when in essence he’s a local radio football commentator who has often proved he can’t ask challenging questions and shrinks when confronted with any push back from a manager.

I detest Burns but he can be like a dog with a bone and Mike White has a good skill of asking open questions, with Tondeur you could get away with answering yes or no to most of his.

Holloway did a good job of diverting attention away from what was an abject performance based upon a poor team selection and failure on his part to respond quickly when they where pretty much walking through us.

There was nobody in our mid field yesterday who can win the ball and give it to the likes of Edwards. The shape was completely wrong and didn’t set up to put any of their defenders under pressure the lad they had playing on the left of their back 3 needed to be pulled around a bit and run at 4-3-3 is a waste of time with this set of players.

The players look paralysed by fear, short on confidence and unsure of what they are meant to be doing. They did things yesterday that you’d expect 7th tier players to do. The Saturday/Tuesday rotational selection approach would always be difficult at this level and with such poor quality.

There is so much fundamentally wrong but the managers post match guile and experience has got us all talking about an interview rather than a team that currently looks like relegation fodder.

Tranmere stitched us up yesterday Holloway did that to Tondeur.

I don't think there was much guile and experience shown in basically threatening to not move here and walk away based on fans having a moan about recent performances and the uproar that has come from that comment.

Private Message
Reply: 102 - 128
arryarryarry
November 22, 2020, 1:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 123614

So where exactly was IH supposed to have said this, because I listened to the after match interview and he certainly did NOT say it there.

Oh FFS.

JT has already said that he had finished his interview and turned off his recorder so that he could get it on Radio Humberside.

The question was asked by James Findlater after JT's questioning had finished.
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 128
NorthseaMariner
November 22, 2020, 1:57pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,517
Gold Stars: 11
Look yesterday we were hopeless, by all accounts, and we haven’t pulled any trees up this season. But if Ollie goes, who is going to jump at the chance of taking over unfashionable Grimsby, near the bottom of the football pyramid, no money, not a great squad of players apparently.

Yes I can see all the top managers quickly getting their C.V.s ready For gods sake, wake up and smell the coffee. Hopefully he can turn it around, if not well?

Not so long ago there was take-over rumours, a new stadium to be built somewhere near and no nothing. Most of the staff at Blundell Park are still furloughed. The players have Covid clauses in their contracts and we don’t have a real Sugar Daddy.

Looks to me, the clubs not far from going out of business. So good luck getting that brilliant manager in.

End of rant.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 128
arryarryarry
November 22, 2020, 2:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from NorthseaMariner
Look yesterday we were hopeless, by all accounts, and we haven’t pulled any trees up this season. But if Ollie goes, who is going to jump at the chance of taking over unfashionable Grimsby, near the bottom of the football pyramid, no money, not a great squad of players apparently.

Yes I can see all the top managers quickly getting their C.V.s ready For gods sake, wake up and smell the coffee. Hopefully he can turn it around, if not well?

Not so long ago there was take-over rumours, a new stadium to be built somewhere near and no nothing. Most of the staff at Blundell Park are still furloughed. The players have Covid clauses in their contracts and we don’t have a real Sugar Daddy.

Looks to me, the clubs not far from going out of business. So good luck getting that brilliant manager in.

End of rant.

I'm not advocating IH should leave but you have come up with that same old bull excrement comment, who would we get. As far as I can remember IH is the only "top manager" we have ever employed even Bill Shankly wouldn't have been a top manager when we employed him and Lawrie McMenemy had just been sacked by Doncaster Rovers. There would be plenty of managers employed or not gagging to work at GTFC, many I would think who are doing sterling jobs in Non League a bit like Alan Buckley for example, remember him?
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 128
NorthseaMariner
November 22, 2020, 2:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,517
Gold Stars: 11
As I say Arry, good luck with that one, if you want to take the gamble. For me, better the devil you know, than one you don’t.
But good luck, if you really want to go down that route.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 128
Limerick Mariner
November 22, 2020, 2:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,664
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from arryarryarry

I'm not advocating IH should leave but you have come up with that same old bull excrement comment, who would we get. As far as I can remember IH is the only "top manager" we have ever employed even Bill Shankly wouldn't have been a top manager when we employed him and Lawrie McMenemy had just been sacked by Doncaster Rovers. There would be plenty of managers employed or not gagging to work at GTFC, many I would think who are doing sterling jobs in Non League a bit like Alan Buckley for example, remember him?

We don't have a good record at that though do we - in the 50 years since my first game (almost to the day - it was the Tees comeback game in Nov 70). We have had these successful managers Lawrie Mac, John Newman, George Kerr, Dave Booth (no promotion but highest league position), Alan Buckley and Paul Hurst. One successful manager every 8.5 years, and I can't be rsed to count the terrible ones. IH is higher profile and has had more success pre-GTFC than any of these did. His strategy for this COVID season of quantity not quality, no doubt taking in consideration that we have close to 2 games a week for the whole of this season, has backfired, I think he knows that. Look at the results of Alan Buckley's first 2 months tenure - we took some pastings, IH is in the same position as AB was, having to completely rebuild the squad, AB brought players from non-league, so has IH. We haven't seen a signing come off like a Keith Alexander or a John Cockerill yet but in AB first couple of months, it wasn't looking so good either.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 128
Garth
November 22, 2020, 2:50pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Ipswin
He's looking for an excuse to go,

'it's the fans fault, I really liked it there but they didn't love me so I had no choice'.

and I thought he was someone who would stick it out whatever

Certainly agree, the old saying is if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.
I would have like to think that Ollie has more balls than this,  after years in the game, is he really reacting a lack of confidence in himself?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 128
louth_in_the_south
November 22, 2020, 2:57pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +5,656
Gold Stars: 94
I got to page 6 of this thread and had to jump to the end as it’s so fooking depressing.
We’ve regressed to being an absolute joke and tbh if Holloway has said if the fans want me out I’ll go pretty much says he wants out  . If you do Holloway, do one .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 128
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tweet from tondeur.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.