Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tweet from tondeur.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 203 Guests

Tweet from tondeur.

This thread currently has 18,503 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Lincoln Mariner 56
November 22, 2020, 11:00am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,684
Gold Stars: 73
Quoted from Ipswin
He's looking for an excuse to go,

'it's the fans fault, I really liked it there but they didn't love me so I had no choice'.

and I thought he was someone who would stick it out whatever

Not for the first time I disagree with your opinion. Interviews after heavy defeats will always get emotional and spikey and personally I had no problems with JT’s questions but I do object as stated in a previous post about his Twitter comments later in the evening.

Anyway the reason I disagree relates to Ollie’s interview on Friday when he referred to plans not only for January but next season as well with regard player recruitment. This interview was given when Ollie was not steamed up, embarrassed and no doubt f....ing annoyed about a performance that had only ended half an hour before.

I just see no value in rolling the managerial dice yet again. In previous posts I acknowledge Ollie has got his recruitment wrong, something I believe he privately accepts, but I don’t expect him to slate those players in public and expect we will know what he feels as players leave. I do think he was probably naive on the difficulty that exists in getting players to join Grimsby and I think this was not helped by the pandemic and our clubs approach to player contracts.

Let’s not forget he has not been here for 12 months yet and five of those were spent twiddling thumbs and planning for a variety of scenarios that the club could face because of the pandemic. Hopefully, he is now much wiser, and as a consequence player recruitment will improve. Whoever is in charge wholesale changes are required and despite yesterday’s result I personally want Ollie to be in charge of that. Just over a year ago Lincoln were conceding six at home to Oxford and their league position shows much can change in a short period of time if you trust your Manager.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 128
KingstonMariner
November 22, 2020, 11:09am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I agree with others that we should keep Holloway. He’s made mistakes but it’s still early doors, though there is more chance of us going down than up the way it’s looking. He recognises mistakes have been made and is trying to do something about them. And we are certainly not going to change our finances for the better if we switch managers again.

That said, he should have just kept his trap shut apart from a brief apology and said ‘right you’ll have to excuse me, we’ve got a lot of work to do to turn things around on Tuesday’. End of interview. He certainly shouldn’t be rising to fair questioning.

PS and stop making stupid excuses about Covid!

As for criticisms of Tondeur.....the man is doing what he’s supposed to do.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 128
ska face
November 22, 2020, 11:14am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,611
Gold Stars: 840
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Just over a year ago Lincoln were conceding six at home to Oxford and their league position shows much can change in a short period of time if you trust your Manager.

The Lincoln board invested a six-figure fee in September, on top of a massive share issue to the fans, described as the biggest round of investment seen since the current Chief Exec had been at the club.

Where are our board?
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 128
HertsGTFC
November 22, 2020, 11:14am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
This will no doubt be an unpopular view but.......People talk about Tondeur like he’s a local treasure & part of the fabric of GTFC when in essence he’s a local radio football commentator who has often proved he can’t ask challenging questions and shrinks when confronted with any push back from a manager.

I detest Burns but he can be like a dog with a bone and Mike White has a good skill of asking open questions, with Tondeur you could get away with answering yes or no to most of his.

Holloway did a good job of diverting attention away from what was an abject performance based upon a poor team selection and failure on his part to respond quickly when they where pretty much walking through us.

There was nobody in our mid field yesterday who can win the ball and give it to the likes of Edwards. The shape was completely wrong and didn’t set up to put any of their defenders under pressure the lad they had playing on the left of their back 3 needed to be pulled around a bit and run at 4-3-3 is a waste of time with this set of players.

The players look paralysed by fear, short on confidence and unsure of what they are meant to be doing. They did things yesterday that you’d expect 7th tier players to do. The Saturday/Tuesday rotational selection approach would always be difficult at this level and with such poor quality.

There is so much fundamentally wrong but the managers post match guile and experience has got us all talking about an interview rather than a team that currently looks like relegation fodder.

Tranmere stitched us up yesterday Holloway did that to Tondeur.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 128
Gaffer58
November 22, 2020, 11:20am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
Thought that all managers nowadays had passed all these different badges, and I’m sure part of the training is how to deal with the press, also over the last 20 years we have had one successful season,and in all honesty all that was, was winning a playoff final to get out off the conference, so all the last few managers will have been answering more tricky questions after defeats then wins, because after a 5-0 win, and I struggle to remember one, the questions to the manager are not going to be critical. So Mr Holloway, use your press training along with your coaching training and get us out off this hole!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 128
Rob_in_Grimsby
November 22, 2020, 11:25am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Here is the full interview JT was referring to  to put things in to context

“If they want to come round my house and tell me to go home, I’ll stop selling it and buying one here.

“I don’t believe that’s the case. I will fight and die for these people, but if that’s what they want, they won’t have to ask me. That’s as honest as I can ever get.

“All those unhappy people, just come and tell me, it’s not a problem. If it’s all the Grimsby fans, then it isn’t a quibble, I’ll go. No problem if that’s what you want.

“I want to stay, I want to work, I want to get this right. I’ve made a mistake today by getting smashed, and I hated every minute of it, but I still want to do it.

“I still want to build a team, and I believe I will. At the minute, it isn’t anything like it, is it?

“That’s life. For me, let’s get it out in the open, if you want to do a fans’ forum we’ll do it, we’ll talk, not a problem, let’s get it out there, and I want some support.

“We deserve some support, because our fans do support us, and they do support me. That’s a fact.

“However many you read about and you hear, if it’s all of them, great, no problem, or if it’s just the moany, whingey ones, I do apologise, but that wasn’t good enough for me either by the way.

“I’m still sticking with this because football is so fickle it’s unreal. It’s nowhere near good enough, absolutely diabolical, worst little period I’ve had, but let’s fight back and let’s go and change some things and see if we can’t get better than that.

“It isn’t hard. Anything’s going to better than that, isn’t it?

“Well done to them by the way. Well done to their manager, who hasn’t even got that as a job yet. He’s a caretaker manager, so something was wrong here a few weeks ago, and football’s a real, short time isn’t it?

“We’re far too inexperienced in my opinion, and I brought these people, and that’s where we are, particularly up front.
We’re crying out for a James Vaughan who got hold of it, we’re crying out for a (James) Hanson who gets hold of it. That’ll help everything won’t it?

“I’m stood there and I’m going to be shot at aren’t I? I’ve got my head over the pulpit. You could say I’m rattled, who wouldn’t be after letting in 14 in four games. It’s absolutely horrific.

“Did I expect it? Not in a million years. Is it good enough? Not in a million years, so blame me, not a problem.”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 128
HertsGTFC
November 22, 2020, 11:35am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

“If they want to come round my house and tell me to go home, I’ll stop selling it and buying one here.

“I don’t believe that’s the case. I will fight and die for these people, but if that’s what they want, they won’t have to ask me. That’s as honest as I can ever get.

“All those unhappy people, just come and tell me, it’s not a problem. If it’s all the Grimsby fans, then it isn’t a quibble, I’ll go. No problem if that’s what you want.

“I want to stay, I want to work, I want to get this right. I’ve made a mistake today by getting smashed, and I hated every minute of it, but I still want to do it.

“I still want to build a team, and I believe I will. At the minute, it isn’t anything like it, is it?

“That’s life. For me, let’s get it out in the open, if you want to do a fans’ forum we’ll do it, we’ll talk, not a problem, let’s get it out there, and I want some support.

“We deserve some support, because our fans do support us, and they do support me. That’s a fact.

“However many you read about and you hear, if it’s all of them, great, no problem, or if it’s just the moany, whingey ones, I do apologise, but that wasn’t good enough for me either by the way.

“I’m still sticking with this because football is so fickle it’s unreal. It’s nowhere near good enough, absolutely diabolical, worst little period I’ve had, but let’s fight back and let’s go and change some things and see if we can’t get better than that.

“Well done to them by the way. Well done to their manager, who hasn’t even got that as a job yet. He’s a caretaker manager, so something was wrong here a few weeks ago, and football’s a real, short time isn’t it?

“We’re far too inexperienced in my opinion, and I brought these people, and that’s where we are, particularly up front.
We’re crying out for a James Vaughan who got hold of it, we’re crying out for a (James) Hanson who gets hold of it. That’ll help everything won’t it?

“I’m stood there and I’m going to be shot at aren’t I? I’ve got my head over the pulpit. You could say I’m rattled, who wouldn’t be after letting in 14 in four games. It’s absolutely horrific.

“Did I expect it? Not in a million years. Is it good enough? Not in a million years, so blame me, not a problem.”

Town supporters are no different to any others, happy when we win grumble when we lose, it will have been the same at every club Holloway has managed.

Reading between the lines as much as a football manager does and he’s admitted he’s got it wrong. The back me or bin me mindset is an odd one but I’d suggest it’s more theatre than fact as he’s savvy enough to know he can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 128
Tinymariner
November 22, 2020, 12:15pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12

And from that, JT tweeted that IH was ready to quit? It’s JT who should be resigning, absolutely shocking journalism. Hang your head in shame JT. How he can call himself a Town fan is beyond me, shite stirring as usual.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 128
MuddyWaters
November 22, 2020, 12:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Tinymariner

And from that, JT tweeted that IH was ready to quit? It’s JT who should be resigning, absolutely shocking journalism. Hang your head in shame JT. How he can call himself a Town fan is beyond me, shite stirring as usual.

He tweeted to say that Ollie would quit if the fans wanted him to. That is something entirely different to what you have just said.
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 128
IlkleyMariner
November 22, 2020, 12:23pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,993
Gold Stars: 69

If that is the full quote JT needs to have a long look at himself. Most of the BBC is full of biased unprofessional reporting and this is yet another example. If we can’t have professional football reporting I don’t want any thank you.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 128
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tweet from tondeur.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.