Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tweet from tondeur.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 267 Guests

Tweet from tondeur.

This thread currently has 18,515 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
November 21, 2020, 9:40pm
Guest User
The question was

What would you say to the fans that have lost patience with you/ the team today?

Puts a slightly different spin on it.
Reply: 30 - 128
Croxton
November 21, 2020, 9:40pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from arryarryarry

Really?

In the main these past few seasons we have been excrement, what do you want commentators to say, ooooh that was a great performance we were unlucky with each of the 5 goals.

Hardly. Simply describe the action, invite comments, synopsis and insight from his co commentators and allow intelligent viewers like yourself to arrive at their own conclusions. To be clear, I prefer JT to Burns who is an offensive oaf. It wasn't the smartest entre to an interview was it? ' Olly, that was poor'.

For whatever reason, relations between Olly and JT have soured but both should rise above it. I find the latest version of Matt Dean to be better attuned and balanced, especially with PhilipDay. That may change after today, however after the furlough rumours!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 128
jamesgtfc
November 21, 2020, 9:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,957
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Croxton

Hardly. Simply describe the action, invite comments, synopsis and insight from his co commentators and allow intelligent viewers like yourself to arrive at their own conclusions. To be clear, I prefer JT to Burns who is an offensive oaf. It wasn't the smartest entre to an interview was it? ' Olly, that was poor'.

For whatever reason, relations between Olly and JT have soured but both should rise above it. I find the latest version of Matt Dean to be better attuned and balanced, especially with PhilipDay. That may change after today, however after the furlough rumours!

After a 5-0 defeat it's never going to be a smooth interview.

The furlough rumours were actually reported by the upthemariners website.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 128
Yoda
November 21, 2020, 9:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,162
Gold Stars: 71
It’s not good i can see IH walking lets hope not
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 128
Gainsbro_Mariner
November 21, 2020, 10:10pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,450
Gold Stars: 14
I'm actually quite offended he's said that. He talks at lengths about being the man who wants to take us places and he's proud to manage us, he's been the only manager who has complemented the club and fans upon joining, so it's very disheartening to hear him open to chucking the towel in already.

We won't get a better manager than Holloway and whoever we would get would hit similar issues.

As Town fans we are sick of the feeling of deja vu, we've long had an endless line of okay-ish managers bringing in okay-ish to average players, getting paggered by smaller, less ambitious but more solid clubs. Its as if this place is cursed because its always, new season, new players but same old excrement performances.

Holloway needs help... He needs to bring in coaches, and if he's being blocked in recruiting help then the club need to rethink their strategy. Ollie isn't a miracle worker, and his only help are two very young and inexperienced coaches.

The squad is huge, the last time we had a squad so big was 2009/10 under Newell and then Woods where we were signing new players every other week because they were all dross. We ended up going down that year and I'm not saying thats the case this year but we don't need a Premier League size squad in League Two. He needs to work with a settled unit, as his how are they meant to gel if they are playing next to different people every game.

There are numerous players here who I just don't seem to get their role or why they are here? Bilel Mohsni was a hugely exciting signing but he's either unfit or not in contention. This guy should with his calibre should be starting weekly, christ two years ago he made the preliminary Tunisia World Cup squad. Ira Jackson and Touray Sisay were spoken up hugely and just haven't had a sniff desipite other forwards such as Green consistently not coming up with the goods.Virgil Gomis on loan can't even get in the match day squad, Ludvig Ohman just seems to play one in four? Do we need him if that's the case? Morton, Bennett and Scannell are just a couple of other players in and out of the team. It just makes very little sense but I figure this constant changing in personnel can't be good for continuity.

Just a rambling old fans thoughts.

But Ollie if you ever read this forum. Don't go. You will just reset this process for us and we've been in groundhog day for years. Bolster
your coaching staff, get rid of the under performers, make some calls.

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 128
headingly_mariner
November 21, 2020, 10:11pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Would be bad news for us if he left. I’m confident he can improve us.

It’s clear the club made really bad decisions in dealing with Covid. TBF the board have been flipping clueless for years, any strategic decision and they make a intercourse up of it.  

IH made us better last season and I’m confident we’d have had our first top half finish back in the league if it hadn’t have ended prematurely.
I expect us to struggle till January and be much better after it.  

Covid was always going to hit the less rich clubs hard, our club just made it so much more difficult with the decisions we made. Because of that we have a large, weak and underprepared squad.

I saw Codalmighty tweet that “it doesn’t matter who the manager is” and usually I agree with them, but it is so important who the manager is because those people who’ve run the club for years are totally shite.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 128
MuddyWaters
November 21, 2020, 10:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Would be bad news for us if he left. I’m confident he can improve us.

It’s clear the club made really bad decisions in dealing with Covid. TBF the board have been flipping clueless for years, any strategic decision and they make a intercourse up of it.  

IH made us better last season and I’m confident we’d have had our first top half finish back in the league if it hadn’t have ended prematurely.
I expect us to struggle till January and be much better after it.  

Covid was always going to hit the less rich clubs hard, our club just made it so much more difficult with the decisions we made. Because of that we have a large, weak and underprepared squad.

I saw Codalmighty tweet that “it doesn’t matter who the manager is” and usually I agree with them, but it is so important who the manager is because those people who’ve run the club for years are totally shite.

I agree with CA. It doesn’t take long for a vaguely intelligent manager to work out the board’s shortcomings.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 128
aldi_01
November 21, 2020, 10:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
But, if Holloway was as connected as he claims, surely he’d have known what our board were/are like and he wouldn’t have believed the bullshit in the first instance?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 128
grimsby pete
November 21, 2020, 10:19pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
We have been here.many times in the past and only once in my lifetime of following town 65 years have we gone down to non league.

I don't think we will if Ollie stays but who knows if we end up with another no Mark manager.

Stay Ollie most of us have trust in you.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 128
ginnywings
November 21, 2020, 10:20pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Gainsbro_Mariner
I'm actually quite offended he's said that. He talks at lengths about being the man who wants to take us places and he's proud to manage us, he's been the only manager who has complemented the club and fans upon joining, so it's very disheartening to hear him open to chucking the towel in already.

We won't get a better manager than Holloway and whoever wwe would get would hit similar issues.

As Town fans we are sick of the feeling of deja by, we've long had an endless line of okay-ish managers bringing in okay-ish to average players, getting paggered by smaller, less ambitious but more solid clubs. Its as if this place is cursed because its always, new season, new players but same old excrement performances.

Holloway needs help... He needs to bring in coaches, and if he's being blocked in recruiting help then the club need to rethink their strategy. Ollie isn't a miracle worker, and his only help are two very young and inexperienced coaches.

The squad is huge, the last time we had a squad so big was 2009/10 under Newell and then Woods where we were signing new players every other week because they were all dross. We ended up going down that year and I'm not saying thats the case this year but we don't need a Premier League size squad in League Two. He needs to work with a settled unit, as his how are they meant to gel if they are playing next to different people every game.

There are numerous players here who I just don't seem to get their role or why they are here? Bilel Mohsni was a hugely exciting signing but he's either unfit or not in contention. This guy should with his calibre should be starting weekly, christ two years ago he made the preliminary Tunisia World Cup squad. Ira Jackson and Touray Sisay were spoken up hugely and just haven't had a sniff desipite other forwards such as Green consistently not coming up with the goods.Virgil Gomis on loan can't even get in the match day squad, Ludvig Ohman just seems to play one in four? Do we need him if that's the case? Morton, Bennett and Scannell are just a couple of other players in and out of the team. It just makes very little sense but I figure this constant changing in personnel can't be good for continuity.

Just a rambling old fans thoughts.

But Ollie if you ever read this forum. Don't go. You will just reset this process for us and we've been in groundhog day for years. Bolster
your coaching staff, get rid of the under performers, make some calls.

Keep up at the back there.

Mohsni and Ohman are no longer at the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 128
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tweet from tondeur.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.